Free Agency news

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
I would love to get a legit ILBer to play next to Trevathon and use Kwiatkowski as the #3 or #4 depending of is we bring C.Jones back. Both of them are great tacklers but not good cover guys. I really like T.Davis and also like Demario Davis.

Demario Davis would be really nice too that would be a really good signing. I bet he ends up back on the Jets tho. We definitely need to address ILB one way or another.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Demario Davis would be really nice too that would be a really good signing. I bet he ends up back on the Jets tho. We definitely need to address ILB one way or another.

I'm not so sure the Jets will be able to do much of anything if the rumors are true of them basically giving K.Cousins an open check to sign with them.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Why would we cut Trevathan? Barring a major injury, that's just nonsense.

im not opposed to keeping him but he needs to stay on the field, bears cant afford to have their starting ILB continue to miss a handful of games, as a bears hes missed 11 of 32 games...or 34% of games, thats just a bad ROI.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
I'm not so sure the Jets will be able to do much of anything if the rumors are true of them basically giving K.Cousins an open check to sign with them.

True, if they do sign Cousins odds are they won't be able to sign Davis. Hopefully that's the way it plays out and he comes to Chicago. The run defense will improve quite a bit and he is an experienced vet. I don't want to see Trevathan get injured again without someone there that can pick up the slack.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
im not opposed to keeping him but he needs to stay on the field, bears cant afford to have their starting ILB continue to miss a handful of games, as a bears hes missed 11 of 32 games...or 34% of games, thats just a bad ROI.

Bad injury in 2016.

He played very well this year. He would have played 14 games, but he had that BS suspension. I don't see any reason why we would cut Trevathon. Just asinine thinking.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Bad injury in 2016.

He played very well this year. He would have played 14 games, but he had that BS suspension. I don't see any reason why we would cut Trevathon. Just asinine thinking.

he missed 1 game due to suspension, it was reduced from 2 to 1. he missed three games with that mysterious calf injury that noone talked about. Like i said, i have no problems keeping him as long as he's in the game...he's never had injury issues prior to coming to the bears so maybe it was the strength/conditioning coaches? Another season of him missing a handful of games and in my eyes he needs to take a pay cut to stay.

Mitchapalooza

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/373624/Report--Dolphins-expected-to-deal-Landry

According to Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald, it would be a "stunner" if the Dolphins did not trade franchise player Jarvis Landry in the next few weeks.

Per Beasley, the Dolphins remain "open" to signing Landry to a long-term deal but a trade remains the "likeliest outcome." The Ravens should be in the mix for Landry after attempting to trade for him last year. Beasley also mentioned the Browns, who own six of top 65 picks in the upcoming draft, and the 49ers as possible suitors. If the Dolphins can't trade Landry in the coming weeks, it would severely limit their options in free agency.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/373624/Report--Dolphins-expected-to-deal-Landry

According to Adam Beasley of the Miami Herald, it would be a "stunner" if the Dolphins did not trade franchise player Jarvis Landry in the next few weeks.

Per Beasley, the Dolphins remain "open" to signing Landry to a long-term deal but a trade remains the "likeliest outcome." The Ravens should be in the mix for Landry after attempting to trade for him last year. Beasley also mentioned the Browns, who own six of top 65 picks in the upcoming draft, and the 49ers as possible suitors. If the Dolphins can't trade Landry in the coming weeks, it would severely limit their options in free agency.

"NFL Update
‏@MySportsUpdate
13m13 minutes ago
According to the Miami Herald, it would be a "stunner" if the #Dolphins do not trade Jarvis Landry in the next few weeks. The Ravens, Browns, 49ers, Bears and Saints are among that teams that could have interest."

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Matt Stone
‏@MattStoneABC
18m18 minutes ago
BREAKING: @ABC confirms: Former Dolphins OL Jonathan Martin has been taken into custody

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times expects the Buccaneers to monitor Mike Glennon "closely" this offseason.

It's a near certainty that Glennon will be cut this offseason after losing his starting job to Mitchell Trubisky and the Bucs are looking for a signal-caller to back up Jameis Winston. Glennon began his career in Tampa before joining the Bears on a three-year deal last offseason. The Bucs could also look to re-sign Ryan Fitzpatrick, who served as Winston's backup in 2017.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Dolphins wanted a 2nd round pick for Jarvis Landry during the trade deadline.

What is his realistic value?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Dolphins wanted a 2nd round pick for Jarvis Landry during the trade deadline.

What is his realistic value?

They would get a 3rd [97-100] in a comp pick for him so likely you would have to beat that.

If someone offers a 2nd round pick for him and pays him 13-15/year they are crazy.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They would get a 3rd [97-100] in a comp pick for him so likely you would have to beat that.

If someone offers a 2nd round pick for him and pays him 13-15/year they are crazy.

Isn’t this year’s 4th round pick equal to next year’s 3rd round pick?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

They would only get a high comp pick if he left as a FA and they didn't sign anyone else to offset. As a team trading with them I certainly would just assume the 3rd round pick was guaranteed.