Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
You'd think the way this offseason has gone by now people would trust Pace a little more.... So far everything has gone great. Let's try and relax.

You are one of the most level headed posters on this board. I enjoy how you call out the drama queens too! Your Tunsil gas mask avatar on draft night was classic. Thanks...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bellamy is salty. Too funny. Can’t wait for him to get cut. If he was a normal decent guy, I’d be OK having him as a core STer and 6th receiver but he seem so like such an asshole.

No contest here. If he wasn't a good special teamer he would be long gone. Dude really is trashy and full of himself.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not trying to play Ms. Cleo here but Cam tweeted that he had started his FA tour and the fucker had not tweeted in ages before that. Doesn't exactly sound like something a player that wants to stay would do. Maybe he's also feeling salty like BeLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLamy about the receiver signings.

I think he is trying to leverage the Bears.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are one of the most level headed posters on this board. I enjoy how you call out the drama queens too! Your Tunsil gas mask avatar on draft night was classic. Thanks...

Jesus, I said “If” we lose Meredith.

If we lose him it will Be a mistake to not have tendered him higher.

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
free agency news

You can do the right thing and still get it wrong. Cam playing well on a 1 year 2nd round tender deal puts us right back where we are next offseason and if he plays really well, we pay even more than he'll get anywhere this year. Pace is still playing the long game. Maybe he switches gears in 2019 if he thinks we're ready to challenge for SB berth. Not something to expect with a 1st year coach etc.

I'm a little confused, Cam was undrafted right? I suppose theres no chance we could once again find a wr w/size and ability before the draft is even done.

From what I've seen,Pace seems to have good deal of luck or gifts for finding the hidden gems. Why not give it a try again?

If the colts throw out the forbidden fruit at Meredeth!!!!!! P.S.,Cam has only had one injury correct?

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Bears already have 2 million tied up in Cam's tender, no? They saved about 7 million with Fuller's deal. So if they let Cam walk, they have 9 million in house money. Would be interesting to know what Hurns wants. The saving grace for the Bears would likely be Robinson's potential recruiting efforts.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
My gut says Cam will end up preferring to play under the tender so if he has a good season, he can then really hit pay dirt next offseason The Bears would likely want Cam to sign an offer sheet so they can lock him in maybe at a discount going forward.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
We need to find a way to keep CAM. Communicate heavily that he is wanted back next year. I think 7.5 mill a year is a bargain price for the potential he has. Pace should be ecstatic is we can lock him up to a multi-year deal for anything under that price.

Personally, I think it would benefit both parties to settle on a short two year deal upwards to 8.5-9mil mil a year and allow Meredith to play himself into an even bigger contract. Let him know we believe in him and that he has the potential to get that type of money, but needs to prove it with another year or two.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Competition at wide receiver? If we lose Meredith to the Colts, Taylor Gabriel is the number one wide receiver if Robinson goes down. That is not okay in my book.

WR: Allen Robinson, Taylor Gabriel, Kevin White, Josh Bellamy

No one is talking about about a scenario where we lose Meredith to the Colts. We are talking a scenario where we have ARob, Meredith, Gabriel, rookie WR, White, Bellamy and we still go out and sign Hurns and Inman. That just defies logic and good cap allocation IMO.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one is talking about about a scenario where we lose Meredith to the Colts. We are talking a scenario where we have ARob, Meredith, Gabriel, rookie WR, White, Bellamy and we still go out and sign Hurns and Inman. That just defies logic and good cap allocation IMO.

Usually we keep 6 wrs, but this may be the year we keep 7, due to past injuries. I'd love to have ARob, Cam, Gabriel, Hurns, Inman, White, Rookie

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Usually we keep 6 wrs, but this may be the year we keep 7, due to past injuries. I'd love to have ARob, Cam, Gabriel, Hurns, Inman, White, Rookie

That’s overkill. Make a choice between Hurns and a draft pick. Remember, Cohen will be seeing a lot of time in the slot. As will Burton.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
If I were Pace, I would be leaving messages on Ballard's cell for the Colts to take White and his 5.5 million cap hit off the Bears' hands. Conditional 7th in 2019 is all Pace asks in return.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
So could someone fill me in on what has happened in FA?? Thanks.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Meredith is the better player with more upside. He needs to remain a Bear

I really hope you don't lose him I doubt we can match teams looking to splurge but maybe we can offer more guaranteed money.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
[video=youtube_share;blno9JDW0dk]https://youtu.be/blno9JDW0dk[/video]