Free Agency news

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
670 The Score
@670TheScore
16m16 minutes ago
Free agency figures to offer ample options for the #Bears to improve at the wide receiver position, writes @greggabe
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2018/02/15/bears-opportunity-address-wide-receiver-free-agency/

"Allen Robinson, Jaguars

Robinson, 24, has been a big-play receiver for the Jaguars since he entered the league in 2014. He only ran 4.60 at the combine but came back to run 4.47 at the Penn State pro day. Robinson is coming off a torn ACL suffered in the 2017 opener, so it’s doubtful that Jacksonville will try and use the franchise tag on him. He has the potential to be a legitimate No. 1 receiver. In 2015, he had 80 catches for 1,400 yards and 14 touchdowns. He’s averaged 14.1 yards per reception for his career.

Albert Wilson, Chiefs

Wilson would be an interesting player for the Bears in that he’s coming from the Chiefs and would already know the offense. He’s 5-foot-9, 200 pounds and has some of the speed that Nagy is looking for. He was primarily a role player in Kansas City, recording 42 receptions for 554 yards and three touchdowns in 2017. He’s best as a slot receiver. If the Bears go after the 25-year-old Wilson, it’s because Nagy feels his best football is in front of him.

Marqise Lee, Jaguars

A second-round pick in 2014, Lee hasn’t quite lived up to expectations. Still, he has come in the last two years, over which he has a combined 119 receptions and six touchdowns. Lee, 26, has the physical traits that the Bears are looking for in a wideout, and it won’t cost an exorbitant amount to sign him.

Paul Richardson, Seahawks

Richardson, 25, is another second-round pick in 2014 who hasn’t lived up to his billing all the time. At 6-foot, 183 pounds, he has a lean frame. He also has small hands and has had trouble with dropped passes. But he’s fast (4.40), and his price will be reasonable.

Jaron Brown, Cardinals

Brown was went undrafted out of college in 2013. It has taken him time to develop. He had his best year in 2017, with 31 receptions for 477 yards and four touchdowns. Brown has size (6-foot-2, 205 pounds) and speed (4.40), but he may just be a career backup.

Donte Moncrief, Colts

Moncrief, 24, has what the Bears are looking for as far as size, speed and athleticism but he hasn’t been consistent. His best year was in 2015, when he had 64 receptions for 733 yards. He has had durability issues in the past two seasons, missing a combined 11 games.

John Brown, Cardinals

Following the 2015 season, there were many who felt Brown would be a star in the NFL. He had 65 receptions for 1,003 yards and seven touchdowns that season. He has experienced injury problems in the past two years, including missing six games in 2017, and hasn’t looked like the same player. He does have the speed the Bears are looking for (4.34).

Jordan Matthews, Bills

Matthews was outstanding in his first two NFL seasons, with 67 and 85 receptions, respectively. He added 73 catches in 2016, his third season, but also started to drop some catchable balls and lost confidence. Matthews was traded to Buffalo in 2017 and had some injury problems as well as a quarterback who struggled to throw. If Matthews can revert back to 2015 form, he might be a great fit for the Bears. He has the size at 6-foot-3 and speed at 4.46."
The guy on this list that surprises me the most on this list is Jordan Matthews. I did not know he was that productive in Philly. Good rookie season in 2014, very good 2015 season, regressed in 2016, injuries in 2017. Based on production he should be rated behind Landry, Robinson, and Watkins.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just based on the way people here talk about him, people talking about Shaheen sounds a lot like people talking about Kellen Davis.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hey, that’s fine. I don’t have a problem with you showing all those stats. I just don’t see it on the field. Just like there are players that play fast on the field than what their numbers showed, the opposite happens as well. I don’t see him playing “very athletic”.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
Gronk came into the league from AZ with the GOAT QB throwing to him and had 500 yards his 1st year. TEs take a year or 2 to show what they got.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Combine/pro-day stats (Gronk wasn't able to work out at combine due to injury)

Shaheen- 6'6, 278 lbs. Gronk 6'6", 264lbs
Shaheen- 4.78 40 time. Gronk 4.68 40 time (keep in mind pro day times or notoriously higher)
Shaheen- 32.5 vertical jump. Gronk 33.5 vertical jump
Shaheen- 10'1" broad jump. Gronk 9'11" broad jump
Shaheen- 4.38 20-yd shuttle. Gronk 4.47 20-yd shuttle
Shaheen- 7.09 3-cone. Gronk 7.18 3-cone

Adam Shaheen was putting on weight at that time right? So he wasn't fully grown into his size yet. I bet he would score better now.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Pro Football Talk - With the Chiefs adding David Amerson and Kendall Fuller, could they be trying to trade Marcus Peters? https://t.co/pjxSpodYA5

Benjamin Allbright
@AllbrightNFL
50m50 minutes ago
Benjamin Allbright Retweeted Travis Culp
None.

Travis Culp‏
@culpie02
Follow Follow @culpie02
@AllbrightNFL Any legs to this speculation that the #Chiefs may look to trade Peters

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Pro Football Talk - With the Chiefs adding David Amerson and Kendall Fuller, could they be trying to trade Marcus Peters? https://t.co/pjxSpodYA5

Benjamin Allbright
@AllbrightNFL
50m50 minutes ago
Benjamin Allbright Retweeted Travis Culp
None.

Travis Culp‏
@culpie02
Follow Follow @culpie02
@AllbrightNFL Any legs to this speculation that the #Chiefs may look to trade Peters
That’s pretty crazy. He’d probably fetch quite the ransom if he wasn’t a distraction.

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
From the "No Sh*t" department:

Lawrence To Be Tagged

Report: Cowboys will use franchise tag on DeMarcus Lawrence

The Cowboys will use the franchise tag on defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence, according to David Moore of the Dallas Morning News. That was expected all along, if the sides don’t come to agreement on a long-term deal before March 6.

The franchise tag would fully guarantee Lawrence $17.5 million in 2018 on a one-year deal, overthecap.com projects. But both sides want a long-term deal for Lawrence.

Lawrence, 25, had a breakout season with 14.5 sacks and 52 quarterback pressures in 2017. He answered owner Jerry Jones’ call for a “war daddy” pass rusher.

“To me, the only reason you use a franchise tag is to hopefully protect yourself if you can’t get a long-term deal signed that you like,” Cowboys executive vice president Stephen Jones said at the Senior Bowl last month, via the Morning News. “That’s normally the route we like to go. Certainly we’re going to roll up our sleeves and see if we can do something with DeMarcus without having a franchise tag.”

The Cowboys still would have until July 16 to negotiate a long-term deal even if they apply the franchise tag to Lawrence.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Brice Butler wants to be a starter next season and is getting some heat for his comments.

'If I'm not starting, I'm not going back': Brice Butler dishes on Dez, Dak, Jerry and his frustrations with Cowboys offense

Cris Carter wants Butler to have a seat, right now.

"Brice Butler has never been a star since high school," he said in a recent talk with The Shan & RJ Show on 105.3FM The Fan. "Y'all check his resume. Check college. He went to a couple of different colleges, check that out. So Brice Butler talking about I should be a starter in the NFL?

"He hasn't been a starter since high school."

Truth hurts.

Michael Irvin jabs at Brice Butler, asks what he's done after Butler criticizes Cowboys

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Adam Schefter‏Verified account
@AdamSchefter
Following Following @AdamSchefter
Bill Polian said on ESPN’s NFL Live that, if he were the Eagles’ GM, he wouldn’t listen to any offers for Nick Foles unless they started with “two 1’s and two 2’s.”

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
@AdamSchefter
Bill Polian said on ESPN’s NFL Live that, if he were the Eagles’ GM, he wouldn’t listen to any offers for Nick Foles unless they started with “two 1’s and two 2’s.”

Somebody done lost they mind!!!

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
@AdamSchefter

I would hate to be a fan of a team that gave up two 1's and two 2's for Nick fucking Foles.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Aaron Leming

@AaronLemingNFL
3m3 minutes ago
The NFL Franchise Tag window opens tomorrow. I fully expect the #Bears to tag CB Kyle Fuller (transition tag could make a ton of sense), if they can’t work out a deal by March 6th.

Aaron Leming@AaronLemingNFL
2m2 minutes ago
To expand on that thought- The Transition tag for Fuller would run around $13M & doesn’t protect them with compensation IF he gets an offer sheet & leaves.

What it would do is allow another team to set his market & let the #Bears simply sign the deal to keep him.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Aaron Leming

@AaronLemingNFL
3m3 minutes ago
The NFL Franchise Tag window opens tomorrow. I fully expect the #Bears to tag CB Kyle Fuller (transition tag could make a ton of sense), if they can’t work out a deal by March 6th.

Aaron Leming@AaronLemingNFL
2m2 minutes ago
To expand on that thought- The Transition tag for Fuller would run around $13M & doesn’t protect them with compensation IF he gets an offer sheet & leaves.

What it would do is allow another team to set his market & let the #Bears simply sign the deal to keep him.

We will lose him if he gets put on transition tag. Another team can use a poison pill like if he plays in more then 4 games at soldier field the whole contract gets guaranteed. I remember seeing this happen twice once with Steve Hutchinson and I believe Nate burleson. So if another team wants him we will get hosed

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
We will lose him if he gets put on transition tag. Another team can use a poison pill like if he plays in more then 4 games at soldier field the whole contract gets guaranteed. I remember seeing this happen twice once with Steve Hutchinson and I believe Nate burleson. So if another team wants him we will get hosed

Those were eliminated in 2011.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I would hate to be a fan of a team that gave up two 1's and two 2's for Nick fucking Foles.

That is just plain ridiculous. It’s doubtful they could get a single 1st rounder for him.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Norwell-Stamp-768x432.png

Pugh-Stamp-768x432.png

Jimmy-raham-Stamp-768x432.png

Malcolm-Butler-passer-rating-768x432.jpg

DWQHGdcUQAAXeW6