Free Agency news

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah God forbid the Bears have any kind of competition for targets, or depth if anyone gets hurt. To answer your question, you can never have to much talent, and this whole "looking at targets after the fact and trying to figure out who gets what targets based on other teams distribution" thing is just bizarre. That's not how it works. Guys get hurt, guys get hot, players don't work out in the new system, whatever. The more bullets Nagy has the better. Guys will get the targets they get. is not like coaches sit down before the season and plan out how many targets every player in their offense is going to get. It happens organically over the course of a season.

We already have competition at WR. We need competition at DE, DT, S, OL, and LB. Go find me another team that has as much money tied up in WRs and TEs as the Bears and you guys are still proposing to add Hurns and Inman. This is nuts. Do you think the salary cap is unlimited or do you not care about actually getting competition at other positions? Kyle Fuller and Prince both have an injury history. Jackson dropped in the draft because of injury. Floyd is always hurt and we only have Acho and Lynch none of which are elite passer rushers. Trevathan and Nick K have both missed significant time due to injury. Goldman has also missed time due to injury. Long, Kush, Grasu are all coming off injuries. We literally have one healthy G/C in Whitehair.

So why the hell should we spend more money at WR when we have all these other depth issues to address?

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Well if the Colts offer to Cam is more than Hurns wants it's an interesting situation...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
We already have competition at WR. We need competition at DE, DT, S, OL, and LB. Go find me another team that has as much money tied up in WRs and TEs as the Bears and you guys are still proposing to add Hurns and Inman. This is nuts. Do you think the salary cap is unlimited or do you not care about actually getting competition at other positions? Kyle Fuller and Prince both have an injury history. Jackson dropped in the draft because of injury. Floyd is always hurt and we only have Acho and Lynch none of which are elite passer rushers. Trevathan and Nick K have both missed significant time due to injury. Goldman has also missed time due to injury. Long, Kush, Grasu are all coming off injuries. We literally have one healthy G/C in Whitehair.

So why the hell should we spend more money at WR when we have all these other depth issues to address?

Competition at wide receiver? If we lose Meredith to the Colts, Taylor Gabriel is the number one wide receiver if Robinson goes down. That is not okay in my book.

WR: Allen Robinson, Taylor Gabriel, Kevin White, Josh Bellamy

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Losing Cam Meredith because the Bears saved 1 million on a RFA tender would really be a massive mistake by Pace. If he was not prepared to match any offer he should have given him the 2nd round tender.

MidwestMonster2

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good to see Bears re-signed Timu. I seem to recall he made some decent plays last year.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If Cameron Meredith will cost 9.5 a year and Allen Hurns will cost 7.5 on a long term deal. Do we still go Meredith?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Losing Cam Meredith because the Bears saved 1 million on a RFA tender would really be a massive mistake by Pace. If he was not prepared to match any offer he should have given him the 2nd round tender.

You'd think the way this offseason has gone by now people would trust Pace a little more.... So far everything has gone great. Let's try and relax.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You'd think the way this offseason has gone by now people would trust Pace a little more.... So far everything has gone great. Let's try and relax.

I am not upset.

But it would be a mistake on the part of Pace. You would essentially be losing Meredith for 1 million dollars no matter what he signed for.

I think they will match, but the Colts are desperate and have been rejected by everyone with a pulse. I don’t know if they will come in with a bulky offer and an over pay.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well if the Colts offer to Cam is more than Hurns wants it's an interesting situation...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think it's more in case the Colts get stupid with Cam. They have crazy cap space and need to show something for their efforts. We plan to match but if they give him $8m+ per...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am not upset.

But it would be a mistake on the part of Pace. You would essentially be losing Meredith for 1 million dollars no matter what he signed for.

I think they will match, but the Colts are desperate and have been rejected by everyone with a pulse. I don’t know if they will come in with a bulky offer and an over pay.

You can do the right thing and still get it wrong. Cam playing well on a 1 year 2nd round tender deal puts us right back where we are next offseason and if he plays really well, we pay even more than he'll get anywhere this year. Pace is still playing the long game. Maybe he switches gears in 2019 if he thinks we're ready to challenge for SB berth. Not something to expect with a 1st year coach etc.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You can do the right thing and still get it wrong. Cam playing well on a 1 year 2nd round tender deal puts us right back where we are next offseason and if he plays really well, we pay even more than he'll get anywhere this year. Pace is still playing the long game. Maybe he switches gears in 2019 if he thinks we're ready to challenge for SB berth. Not something to expect with a 1st year coach etc.

It gives you a year of Cam and another calnedar year to re-sign him.

I think Cam wants to stay, so that is a positive.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:

And I was starting to feel so good about the FA period.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It gives you a year of Cam and another calnedar year to re-sign him.

I think Cam wants to stay, so that is a positive.

Not trying to play Ms. Cleo here but Cam tweeted that he had started his FA tour and the fucker had not tweeted in ages before that. Doesn't exactly sound like something a player that wants to stay would do. Maybe he's also feeling salty like BeLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLamy about the receiver signings.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If Cameron Meredith will cost 9.5 a year and Allen Hurns will cost 7.5 on a long term deal. Do we still go Meredith?

I doubt those numbers but if it was what happened, you gotta go with Hurns who atleast has proven something.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
Not trying to play Ms. Cleo here but Cam tweeted that he had started his FA tour and the fucker had not tweeted in ages before that. Doesn't exactly sound like something a player that wants to stay would do. Maybe he's also feeling salty like BeLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLamy about the receiver signings.

Bellamy is salty. Too funny. Can’t wait for him to get cut. If he was a normal decent guy, I’d be OK having him as a core STer and 6th receiver but he seem so like such an asshole.