Free Agency news

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
colts released hankins. now he would be an upgrade over unrien i believe. colts also ran a 3-4, so he would fit right in. he is also a great run stuffer. big man.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
colts released hankins. now he would be an upgrade over unrien i believe. colts also ran a 3-4, so he would fit right in. he is also a great run stuffer. big man.

Maybe he'll take a 1 yr prove it deal

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Excellent run defender. He got 3/27M from the Colts last year. I'd imagine he'd cost about 7Mil/year, at least after incentives. He was a top 20 interior DL last year according to all metrics. He'd be a great fit for this defense, but I think he'll make too much money for the Bears to consider. If Goldman gets extended, you're looking at a 25M+ DL.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Maybe he'll take a 1 yr prove it deal

He's way to good to take a one year prove it deal. Colts are switching to a 4-3 defense but he won't last 3 days in free agency without a long term contract.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
He's way to good to take a one year prove it deal. Colts are switching to a 4-3 defense but he won't last 3 days in free agency without a long term contract.

Weird part is he played in a 4-3 defense in his whole career for the Giants before Colts signed him, so it's not like he can't do it. Probably a better fit there. Odd move. I'd imagine the Falcons will come calling pretty quickly as they lost 3/4 of their DL.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Excellent run defender. He got 3/27M from the Colts last year. I'd imagine he'd cost about 7Mil/year, at least after incentives. He was a top 20 interior DL last year according to all metrics. He'd be a great fit for this defense, but I think he'll make too much money for the Bears to consider. If Goldman gets extended, you're looking at a 25M+ DL.

We just signed some bum who was fat, injured, and bad the last two years to a $6 million deal. We can’t sign a proven guy at $7 though?

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We just signed some bum who was fat, injured, and bad the last two years to a $6 million deal. We can’t sign a proven guy at $7 though?

Hankins would really juice our line up. the guy is only 25. would he not be a safe and solid signing? would be nice. guys like floyd, and whomever else they put on the other side could thrive. same for the back end of the defense.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Chuck Pagano never found a job in the NFL? He was a talented DB coach and defensive coordinator.

Hit Man

Liked Posts:
@Ausietheretard... No coherent fucking sentences... Look man I don't like to jump on a Bear fan... we're all in this together but you speak like a FN infant... Like a Miss Cleo wannabe re'tard. Listen man... I would enjoy reading your posts if I could read them without a code reader or $99 dollars of 'predictions'... But you and Omelet are the two I cannot even attempt to read (or care to)... Both of you come across as two douches. In fact, I don't even read anything you two write. Speak in a civilized manor and I'll be all about enjoying a conversation about our beloved... Until then I wont even try man... Just the way it is.

I've lurked around this site for a long time... I've been apart of another Bear site for almost two decades. I'm not some newbie to the Bears, I used to get the bear report when it was paper back. Just speak like a human being and not some tool... That's all I'm saying. It's not that fn hard man...

If you still want to 'whoop some ass' I'm here man I'd take you down so easily... You're nothing man... All talk no action you Special person net bully. I'd fuck you up man... No fucking BS. I'd crack a jar of nutella over your fn dumb ass skull...

If you and fn burned eggs would leave this site it would be a great place to talk about the Bears. An Omelet is over cooked eggs... Think about that you two dipshits... Cleo got sued over a decade ago...

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Well if ballard is an idiot he will take nelson over chubb but any sane GM would see chubb is the best prospect at a premium position.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yet the premium position on any team is the QB. Seeing that Luck is dealing with serious health issues, wouldn't it be wise to actually to do everything to try to keep him healthy, making offensive line more important than even the top d lineman?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
@Ausietheretard... No coherent fucking sentences... Look man I don't like to jump on a Bear fan... we're all in this together but you speak like a FN infant... Like a Miss Cleo wannabe re'tard. Listen man... I would enjoy reading your posts if I could read them without a code reader or $99 dollars of 'predictions'... But you and Omelet are the two I cannot even attempt to read (or care to)... Both of you come across as two douches. In fact, I don't even read anything you two write. Speak in a civilized manor and I'll be all about enjoying a conversation about our beloved... Until then I wont even try man... Just the way it is.

I've lurked around this site for a long time... I've been apart of another Bear site for almost two decades. I'm not some newbie to the Bears, I used to get the bear report when it was paper back. Just speak like a human being and not some tool... That's all I'm saying. It's not that fn hard man...

If you still want to 'whoop some ass' I'm here man I'd take you down so easily... You're nothing man... All talk no action you Special person net bully. I'd fuck you up man... No fucking BS. I'd crack a jar of nutella over your fn dumb ass skull...

If you and fn burned eggs would leave this site it would be a great place to talk about the Bears. An Omelet is over cooked eggs... Think about that you two dipshits... Cleo got sued over a decade ago...

Aussie somehow thinks that his posts are cute which is funny because he sometimes forgets to go full idiot and posts like a normal human being.

Ommy should just act his age and die.

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Hankins is a 6'2 NT (too small and too fat with well over 300lbs for 5-tech), and Bears don't need an expensive backup NT with Goldman on the roster.

Liked Posts:

giphy.gif

And it's civilized manner, not civilized manor. Unless you meant to talk about a large house then by all means carry on.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Hankins is a 6'2 NT (too small and too fat with well over 300lbs for 5-tech), and Bears don't need an expensive backup NT with Goldman on the roster.

Except, Hankins was the starting LDE for the Colts last year. Actually, he's listed as DT in a 3-4, not a NT. Probably means he played a 3 or 4 technique instead of 5 like a true 3-4 DE.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
@Ausietheretard.. Listen man... I would enjoy reading your posts if I could read them without a code reader or $99 dollars of 'predictions'... Both of you come across as two douches. In fact, I don't even read anything you two write. Speak in a civilized manor and I'll be all about enjoying a conversation about our beloved... Until then I wont even try man... Just the way it is.
If you don't read anything he writes then how will you know when he writes in a civilized "manor"

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This means Chubb could slide, Bucs need secondary help badly. Colts need oline and all of defense

They do need secondary help but the problem is teams just don't pass on legit pass rushers because it's one of the hardest things to find. I'm hoping the Colts trade down past 8 cause i could see the Bucs passing on Chubb more then i can see the Colts passing on him but not sure either would.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

A fat DL? No way man, i do not believe that.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I would think you move Goldman to DE where he might be a better 5 Tech as he faces less double teams. Then rotate RRH and Bullard in. Might also keep Goldman healthier.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
Yet the premium position on any team is the QB. Seeing that Luck is dealing with serious health issues, wouldn't it be wise to actually to do everything to try to keep him healthy, making offensive line more important than even the top d lineman?

no doubt ballard should want to protect his qb but the dropoff between nelson and the next best guard (hernandez, wynn etc..) is much smaller than the dropoff between a chubb and the next best defensive end (landry, hand, armstrong jr etc...) with the addition of picks the colts got, they can easily get a hernandez, wynn etc... and continue address the rest of the oline.

at the end of the day, i'd be ecstatic if chubb falls to the bears at 8 but as it stands today i just dont see it happening.