Should they sell at the deadline?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Couldn't get through the article before spam dominated my attempt to read. It will be interesting to see what if anything Stan does at the deadline.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
First piece, Ville Pokka, shipped out to Ottawa. Never had a shot with this team after big expectations when he was signed. Final shot for the Nick Leddy trade being anything at all. All three, including this top prospect are gone.

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes what? You're saying trade Toes falling production#s and his bloated contract too?

The question was should they be sellers. I answered yes. The article listed what few options they have.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The question was should they be sellers. I answered yes. The article listed what few options they have.

They obviously need to be careful with who they trade away. I think Q is not getting enough out of this team and will be gone. I don't think they would fire him during the season but at seasons end for sure. It looks like the players have tuned him out.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good article.
It's been strange how many of the new Dman catch fire and then totally bomb for a stretch until benched. Gustafson, Ruuta, Forsling, Oesterle.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Wingells and Bouma doing excellent jobs for the scouts looking to add. They will go for sure.

Anisimov has no place here anymore, not doing well in his auditions. He is dynamite in front of the net with a team that can sustain the puck in the zone allowing him to lumber down there.

Sharp same as the whole year.

Really want to see Haydon, Vinnie and Fortin get extended looks here. Haydon dominated the beginning of the year. Dont know what changed.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
All options are on the table. 1st Stan need to figure out who the core is moving forward. From there make the guys available that you don't foresee getting production out of. Make some hard decisions stop living on past accomplishments, and look towards the damn future.

If I was GM the only untouchables would be 8, 12, 88, 50, 42. After that I'm listening, and if they want to call for 88 better be a Herschel Walker type trade.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
All options are on the table. 1st Stan need to figure out who the core is moving forward. From there make the guys available that you don't foresee getting production out of. Make some hard decisions stop living on past accomplishments, and look towards the damn future.

If I was GM the only untouchables would be 8, 12, 88, 50, 42. After that I'm listening, and if they want to call for 88 better be a Herschel Walker type trade.

Kane for Ryan Miller....

ruprecht

Donator
Liked Posts:

This^

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

I would usually agree, but the untouchables include 2,7 and 19 because they are just immovable. I am not sure about 50 because if these are going to be long lingering Toews concussion deal, they should consider moving crow or a keeping a 3 million dollar minimum backup and play him 40% of the time. When Crow goes, he gets rode hard and put away wet. I am not sure he is still going to be that goalie with these head issues.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"SELL SELL SELL FUCKING SELL SELL"

Why do the Hawks look like they play with a 1000 pound puck? I swear Debricat and Kane are the only guys that can elevate a puck over a goalies shin pad. First it infected Toews 3 years ago, siimply cannot shoot a puck anymore to the upper V. Then this year Keith just slides pucks all day. 20 shots a game...watch your shins...zero threat. Now Saad.

What the fuck?

Sell Wingels, Bouma, eat half of Seabrook AND pay a Hartman + 2 young defenders or whatever that will cost to move a beached whale making 7 per. Fuck it. The future is only bright if they make a couple bold moves from here.

That said, I think we had some bad luck this year and the team didn't collapse as bad as it looks, together with the same degree of fortune that won us the presidents trophy the #1 seed last year. Add the Crow thing....and we had a dozen hard fought losses or late collapses. We also beat the ever living shit out of Pittsburgh and Washington, and if you spread those 15 goals out in our other games thats your 12 points right there.

I think we already knew the slide was happening, and a few bad bounces, bad breaks, and the Seabrook/Keith decline together with lost D continuity...

this season happened but we will bounce back with a few minor adjustments and a new coach, some more youth, etc.

Kane and Toews will likely oversee another playoff run before its over, unless we could get a fair price for Toews which I doubt.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"SELL SELL SELL FUCKING SELL SELL"

Why do the Hawks look like they play with a 1000 pound puck? I swear Debricat and Kane are the only guys that can elevate a puck over a goalies shin pad. First it infected Toews 3 years ago, siimply cannot shoot a puck anymore to the upper V. Then this year Keith just slides pucks all day. 20 shots a game...watch your shins...zero threat. Now Saad.

What the fuck?

Sell Wingels, Bouma, eat half of Seabrook AND pay a Hartman + 2 young defenders or whatever that will cost to move a beached whale making 7 per. Fuck it. The future is only bright if they make a couple bold moves from here.

That said, I think we had some bad luck this year and the team didn't collapse as bad as it looks, together with the same degree of fortune that won us the presidents trophy the #1 seed last year. Add the Crow thing....and we had a dozen hard fought losses or late collapses. We also beat the ever living shit out of Pittsburgh and Washington, and if you spread those 15 goals out in our other games thats your 12 points right there.

I think we already knew the slide was happening, and a few bad bounces, bad breaks, and the Seabrook/Keith decline together with lost D continuity...

this season happened but we will bounce back with a few minor adjustments and a new coach, some more youth, etc.

Kane and Toews will likely oversee another playoff run before its over, unless we could get a fair price for Toews which I doubt.

I agree with most of this post.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What do we have to sell, though?

Pieces like Debrincat, Schmaltz, and Hino--as well as prospects like The Joker are pieces you want to keep.

Pieces like Saad or Anisimov (and Anisimov has an ironclad NMC, remember), woudn't bring back dick--and the core outside of Kane and Crawford has negative value--and all of them NMCs.

We sure as hell ain't buying, but we got shit to sell. If anything, I expect Pokka for DiDominico-like moves in extreme depth.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Given the status quo injury wise, you're probably right. But it very rarely stays the same.....guys get hurt, guys on contending teams. Those teams look for replacements...as they say, one person's shit is another's gold. There could be some movement.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Kempny to Caps for a 3rd. Not a bad haul

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kempny to Caps for a 3rd. Not a bad haul

I heard we offered them Seabrook and a pirate's chest full of gold in return for a conditional 7th round pick which they would get back along with a 1st rounder from us on condition that Seabrook made it to the airport.

They said "Um... fuck no"