Bears Front Runners for Allen Robinson & Trey Burton

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Also Adrian Amos & Allen Robinson played together at Penn State while Charles London was RB coach at Penn State.

6_585666.jpg

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also Adrian Amos & Allen Robinson played together at Penn State while Charles London was RB coach at Penn State.

6_585666.jpg

Robinson will almost surely be tagged, and Burton is average at best.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Robinson will almost surely be tagged, and Burton is average at best.

Jacksonville has a pretty onerous cap situation so Robinson is no lock to be franchised. Burton is athletic and a reliable receiver. He’s shined whenever Ertz has missed time. He would be a nice compliment to Shaheen. Getting these guys would be a big step in the right direction for the offense.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Don't love the thought of the top 2 WRs coming off of ACL tears and missing the entire 2017 season. But Allen Robinson is the closest the Bears would probably get to a #1 WR unless they draft one very high (and not this year).

Robinson and Burton would instantly make this offense have a potentially dynamic passing game.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Robinson, Meredith, Inman, Wright, Draft, White. Shaheen, Burton, Brown. Howard, Cohen, Draft. I could absolutely get down with that O.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Jacksonville has a pretty onerous cap situation so Robinson is no lock to be franchised. Burton is athletic and a reliable receiver. He’s shined whenever Ertz has missed time. He would be a nice compliment to Shaheen. Getting these guys would be a big step in the right direction for the offense.

I heard they're planning on cutting M.Jackson which would save them some money. He's scheduled to make $13.5 mil next year but has an out with a $4 mil dead cap hit.

We're not getting A.Rob so fans should get that out of their minds now.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I heard they're planning on cutting M.Jackson which would save them some money. He's scheduled to make $13.5 mil next year but has an out with a $4 mil dead cap hit.

They went to the AFC ship without him. Coughlin surely isn’t paying him the franchise tag number at WR, that’s not he builds a team. IMO, they’d have to sign him long term to retain him.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Btw, half the posts from this thread are gone.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So a position coach from his college days of a different position now coaching a different position with the Bears is going to be the difference maker?

Uhhhhhhhhhh, yeah. Sure.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

They are trying to trade him because the out isn’t till 2019.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So a position coach from his college days of a different position now coaching a different position with the Bears is going to be the difference maker?

Uhhhhhhhhhh, yeah. Sure.

Tough to say who you are close to on a coaching staff. I am sure it cannot hurt.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Just what is Robinson's value to Jax? One great pro bowl year 2015, regressed in 2016, ACL in 2017. It's got to be a tough call for Coughlin to make on what kind of offer they make to Robinson's agent. Now for a desperate team like the Bears it would be easier...............we have to overpay him.

Bergz22

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It can't be true, I was told Trey Burton is terrible

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Tough to say who you are close to on a coaching staff. I am sure it cannot hurt.
Sure everything being equal, but I doubt a passing bro hug-a-day is worth a $1M a season.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Just what is Robinson's value to Jax? One great pro bowl year 2015, regressed in 2016, ACL in 2017. It's got to be a tough call for Coughlin to make on what kind of offer they make to Robinson's agent. Now for a desperate team like the Bears it would be easier...............we have to overpay him.

To be fair, Bortles went from 4400 yards passing to 3900 and 7.1 ypa to 5.8. And he was particularly terrible throwing to Robinson for some reason, completing just 48% of the passes thrown to him after 53% the year before. And Robinson's YPC went down nearly 5.5 yards. Bortles was pretty piss poor in 2016. That year's not on Robinson at all.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Bears Front Runners for Allen Robinson & Trey Burton

Sure everything being equal, but I doubt a passing bro hug-a-day is worth a $1M a season.

Literally not a one million dollar season nor the RB coach being the difference of Robinson coming here were mentioned. Way to read.