Bears Front Runners for Allen Robinson & Trey Burton

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Yeah, it remains to be seen. And like was said, the Jags had a double digit lead late with a chance to go to the Superbowl without Robinson last year. But it's a pretty easy decision to me to cut Allen Hurns (which there were rumors they'd do last year before Robinson got hurt) and let FA Marqise Lee walk rather than letting Robinson walk. He's simply a better talent even though there may be more questions with his health.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Literally a one million dollar season nor the RB coach being the difference of Robinson coming here were mentioned. Way to read.
Was I talking to you?
No, then shut up.
Oh , and the fucking thread was started on the pretense that the Bears RB coach will make a difference. So yes I can read. You?
Also Adrian Amos & Allen Robinson played together at Penn State while Charles London was RB coach at Penn State.

Last edited:

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be fair, Bortles went from 4400 yards passing to 3900 and 7.1 ypa to 5.8. And he was particularly terrible throwing to Robinson for some reason, completing just 48% of the passes thrown to him after 53% the year before. And Robinson's YPC went down nearly 5.5 yards. Bortles was pretty piss poor in 2016. That year's not on Robinson at all.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sure everything being equal, but I doubt a passing bro hug-a-day is worth a $1M a season.

No, but my guess it could if the money is equal or he is having 2nd thoughts about leaving.

The Bears will have to be the biggest offer. But we saw last season other factors contributed to them losing guys who the game offered more money to.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
No, but my guess it could if the money is equal or he is having 2nd thoughts about leaving.

The Bears will have to be the biggest offer. But we saw last season other factors contributed to them losing guys who the game offered more money to.
I agree it doesn't hurt but the tweet was about not underestimating London's recruiting pitch. I would buy that more if he was his position coach or it was a fellow WR( ie Marshall to AJ or M Bennett) or former QB he played with like Cutler to Marshall.
I think most if not all the negatives to the Bears went away with getting MT and getting rid of Fox/Loggains, so if the RB coach can tip the scales, great. Just doubt it is as big influence on a grown man's job decision.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Robinson & Burton in FA?! I'd "Fill the Cup!"

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What to like about Trey Burton is that despite having a low volume at assess, the numbers you do have are really nice,

23 catches on 31 targets gives you a stellar 74.5% catch percentage.

1 drop in 31 targets is a very solid drop percentage [not an insane 1/111 from Ertz]

5 TDs on 31 targets is an off the charts TD percentage, but that is the one stat that the low volume throws out of wack. But what that does show is a very good red zone usage and percentage for a part time player.

He made 1 start against the Rams and went 5-71-2 TDs, 14.2 yard average and TD grabs of 20 and 11.

14/23 catches went for 1st downs for a very respectable 61% 1st down precentage.

So while you have a limited sample size, what you do have is pretty nice for a ascending player.

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Until guys sign contracts who cares about rumors?

Last year we were reported to be linked to many FAs who signed elsewhere while we got Marcus Wheaton and Mike Glennon so pump the brakes fellow Bears fans

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Until guys sign contracts who cares about rumors?

Last year we were reported to be linked to many FAs who signed elsewhere while we got Marcus Wheaton and Mike Glennon so pump the brakes fellow Bears fans

giphy.gif

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What to like about Trey Burton is that despite having a low volume at assess, the numbers you do have are really nice,
Yea, quality over quantity.

Last edited:

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Yeah, it remains to be seen. And like was said, the Jags had a double digit lead late with a chance to go to the Superbowl without Robinson last year. But it's a pretty easy decision to me to cut Allen Hurns (which there were rumors they'd do last year before Robinson got hurt) and let FA Marqise Lee walk rather than letting Robinson walk. He's simply a better talent even though there may be more questions with his health.
If that happens I would then go after Lee. In the last two years he has played in 30 of 32 games and his numbers are those of a solid #2, and that's with Bortles at QB. With a more accurate QB Lee's numbers should rise.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Was I talking to you?
No, then shut up.
Oh , and the fucking thread was started on the pretense that the Bears RB coach will make a difference. So yes I can read. You?

Just trying to help you out.

The source stated not to underestimate the RB coaching making a strong pitch for Robinson. Meaning, the source believes the coach will be especially trying to convince Pace to bring him aboard. Never did he state that Robinson will be signed because of it or that Pace will listen.

Basically, the coach has ties to Robinson and the source believes he’ll make a pitch. Hardly news worthy and far from “being the difference.” Also, never a mention of a one million dollar contract. Who knows the market for Robinson but if we look at some deals last year like Alshon and Pryor, chances are the market won’t be as strong as some think. Especially coming off an ACL.

Either way, no harm meant by the way to read comment. Kind of dickish on my part in hindsight.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Also Adrian Amos & Allen Robinson played together at Penn State while Charles London was RB coach at Penn State.

6_585666.jpg

No white people in that picture he is racist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why discuss Rumors?

I feel like people don’t understand why there are message boards.