Bears Front Runners for Allen Robinson & Trey Burton

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Until guys sign contracts who cares about rumors?

Last year we were reported to be linked to many FAs who signed elsewhere while we got Marcus Wheaton and Mike Glennon so pump the brakes fellow Bears fans

Actually the "Glennon to Bears" rumors started around this time last year.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I would love if they got both. Still want landry though.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Until guys sign contracts who cares about rumors?

Last year we were reported to be linked to many FAs who signed elsewhere while we got Marcus Wheaton and Mike Glennon so pump the brakes fellow Bears fans

simmagiphy.gif

Let us dream

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
SOMEBODY from Jacksonville will be leaving based on their cap situation. Whether its Malik Jackson or A.Rob all I know is Pace should be watching close and waiting to pounce if and when either of them becomes availble.

Jackson-Goldman-Hicks on the DL would be a thing of beauty.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So a position coach from his college days of a different position now coaching a different position with the Bears is going to be the difference maker?

Uhhhhhhhhhh, yeah. Sure.

When you ASSume you make an ass of yourself.

Did you stop reading his bio at RB coach and miss the part where he was a Recruiting Coordinator for Penn State?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I probably should of mentioned that he was a Recruiter Coordinator for Penn State and they would have meals with the players family to get to know them. They talk about it in the video at 2:29 and show Allen Robinson when they mention it. So maybe Charles London recruited Allen Robinson to Penn State.

[video=youtube_share;smnuDh-yXIU]https://youtu.be/smnuDh-yXIU[/video]

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Amos has 1 year left on his deal and then he could be out of CHI. Even if they are tight buds, Robinson won’t sign here to potentially play one year with Amos lol.

Bears will have a crazy amount of cap space when Adrain Amos is a free agent and Bears would be crazy to let him go with as well as he is playing.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Amos has 1 year left on his deal and then he could be out of CHI. Even if they are tight buds, Robinson won’t sign here to potentially play one year with Amos lol.

LOL, hard to predict the future but I don't see Pace letting Amos walk. If Robinson wants to sign here Amos's contract status won't stop him.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
A Robinson signing really opens up what we can do at WR through the rest of FA and draft....

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It is more likely that the Jags could tag Robinson than the Dolphins tagging Landry.

It would be tight for them, but they can do it.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I’d be pretty fucken surprised if the Jags tag Robinson. He’s coming off an ACL and not sure you can justify him making a 17 mil dollar impact. Not to mention, they almost knocked off the Pats without him.

He’ll most likely get an Alshon/Pryor type deal and I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes his services elsewhere.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I’d be pretty fucken surprised if the Jags tag Robinson. He’s coming off an ACL and not sure you can justify him making a 17 mil dollar impact. Not to mention, they almost knocked off the Pats without him.

He’ll most likely get an Alshon/Pryor type deal and I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes his services elsewhere.
It's going to cost a lot more than a one year prove it deal to sign Robinson. Players come back from ACL surgeries much faster now than ever before. Contract offers will be less than Landry's, but it will still take a major contract to reel him in.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I probably should of mentioned that he was a Recruiter Coordinator for Penn State and they would have meals with the players family to get to know them. They talk about it in the video at 2:29 and show Allen Robinson when they mention it. So maybe Charles London recruited Allen Robinson to Penn State.
I heard that his childhood best friends babysitter is now a secretary for the Steelers and is expected to recruit him to Pittsburgh. They are now considered the leader for his services.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Robinson vs Landry..............Robinson will cost less but I would still rather have Landry.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Robinson vs Landry..............Robinson will cost less but I would still rather have Landry.

Yeah, and I don't think the per year cost will be that different. Landry will probably get a longer deal with a bigger bonus, but Robinson is likely going to get $11-$12 mil per on the open market.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Yeah, and I don't think the per year cost will be that different. Landry will probably get a longer deal with a bigger bonus, but Robinson is likely going to get $11-$12 mil per on the open market.
Very true, also Landry has never been hurt. In my opinion the more productive Landry will help Trubisky develop faster.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Or maybe you can look at it from the perspective that maybe they would have knocked of the Pats had they had Robinson...