Bears Front Runners for Allen Robinson & Trey Burton

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I would actually be more comfortable giving Landry a long term deal than I would Robinson.

Robinson has 1 good season and an ACL injury on his books. No way am I signing him long term for big $$$.

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
I would actually be more comfortable giving Landry a long term deal than I would Robinson.

Robinson has 1 good season and an ACL injury on his books. No way am I signing him long term for big $$$.

I agree and I don't think Pace will do so because he has been shellshocked by injuries in FA and at WR. He's takes risk but I don't think he's a riverboat gambler.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I agree and I don't think Pace will do so because he has been shellshocked by injuries in FA and at WR. He's takes risk but I don't think he's a riverboat gambler.
Good point, had not thought of it in that way before.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I heard that his childhood best friends babysitter is now a secretary for the Steelers and is expected to recruit him to Pittsburgh. They are now considered the leader for his services.

Steelers don't have the cap space and need ILBs, I seriously doubt they can keep Lev Bell

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, and I don't think the per year cost will be that different. Landry will probably get a longer deal with a bigger bonus, but Robinson is likely going to get $11-$12 mil per on the open market.

IF, Robinson signs a 11-12M deal it will be a 1 year prove it... After he proves he is healthy he will want 15+ per

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's going to cost a lot more than a one year prove it deal to sign Robinson. Players come back from ACL surgeries much faster now than ever before. Contract offers will be less than Landry's, but it will still take a major contract to reel him in.

I don't think many teams would give him a multi year deal for what he wants. I think the best long term deal we be around 11 per year.. I think he could take a 1 year 12M deal and next season get a long term 15-17M if he proves he can stay healthy and still has it.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I don't think many teams would give him a multi year deal for what he wants. I think the best long term deal we be around 11 per year.. I think he could take a 1 year 12M deal and next season get a long term 15-17M if he proves he can stay healthy and still has it.
Robinson and his camp have already said they expect to sign a long term deal. That or Jags franchise him.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Update on Allen Robinson...

For those who can’t watch:

- Robinson should be medically cleared sometime soon

- Jaguars are still undecided on whether to franchise tag Robinson

- Robinson’s offensive coordinator in his monster year of 2015 is now the offensive coordinator of the Oakland Raiders.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Robinson gets tagged then we know that Hurns and Lee hit the market.

Neither really excite me, but they are significant upgrades and young enough to grow a little with better QB play.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
If Robinson gets tagged then we know that Hurns and Lee hit the market.

Neither really excite me, but they are significant upgrades and young enough to grow a little with better QB play.

I think Hurns is a wonderful fit in the Nagy offense. But man he's gotta be considered extremely unreliable at this point. Was great in 2015. But has missed 11 games the last 2 years, and only gone over 50 yards seven times in the last 2 years (3 over 50 since October 2016). Definitely would have interest, but only after the Jags cut him and he is willing to accept a 1-year, incentive laden deal that doesn't guarantee him more than 3-4Mil.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Hurns is a wonderful fit in the Nagy offense. But man he's gotta be considered extremely unreliable at this point. Was great in 2015. But has missed 11 games the last 2 years, and only gone over 50 yards seven times in the last 2 years (3 over 50 since October 2016). Definitely would have interest, but only after the Jags cut him and he is willing to accept a 1-year, incentive laden deal that doesn't guarantee him more than 3-4Mil.

Yeah, it is hard to find 2nd teir options that I really can get behind.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yeah, it is hard to find 2nd teir options that I really can get behind.

Yeah. That's why Burton is so important to me. I know a lot of people aren't crazy about him, but he's almost a must sign at this point. If Robinson, Watkins and Landry don't hit the market (or sign elsewhere), then there's going to be a huge market for guys like Richardson. And I'd rather not get into a bidding war for a non-elite player.

But Nagy and the Chiefs essentially played with only 2 WRs all year. Robinson was the #3 and only got 40 targets, and 10 of those came in Week 17 when they played backups. So, Nagy could certainly make an offense work without 4-5 reliable WRs. But a guy like Burton would be necessary in that case to spread the ball to TEs.

Meredith
Lee/Hurns
Draft pick
Burton
Shaheen
Cohen

Is enough to have a successful passing game. Throw in a guy like Wilson or Wright, add in whatever White gives us Week 1, Howard and I don't see why that offense can't put up numbers. Lot of pressure on guys who have never been in prominent roles though.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
4yr $50 w/ options for Robinson or 5yr 68 for Landry? I take Robinson easily, in fact I would give him the Landry deal and just have options in place to get out of the deal in 3 yrs.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The absolute best case scenario is if the Jags stupidly chose to keep A Robinson over Malik Jackson and somehow Landry hits the open market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Yeah. That's why Burton is so important to me. I know a lot of people aren't crazy about him, but he's almost a must sign at this point. If Robinson, Watkins and Landry don't hit the market (or sign elsewhere), then there's going to be a huge market for guys like Richardson. And I'd rather not get into a bidding war for a non-elite player.

But Nagy and the Chiefs essentially played with only 2 WRs all year. Robinson was the #3 and only got 40 targets, and 10 of those came in Week 17 when they played backups. So, Nagy could certainly make an offense work without 4-5 reliable WRs. But a guy like Burton would be necessary in that case to spread the ball to TEs.

Meredith
Lee/Hurns
Draft pick
Burton
Shaheen
Cohen

Is enough to have a successful passing game. Throw in a guy like Wilson or Wright, add in whatever White gives us Week 1, Howard and I don't see why that offense can't put up numbers. Lot of pressure on guys who have never been in prominent roles though.

Burton would have to want to be a backup again because that is what he will be to Shaheen. He would still get his fair share amount of balls though. Shaheen to me looked like he is going to be a good one and was just held back by poor coaching.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The Bears seem to have a history of signing overpaid TEs that don't really produce. The only one that I can think of that was productive was Bennett. Anyone remember Manumaleuna? LOL

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears seem to have a history of signing overpaid TEs that don't really produce. The only one that I can think of that was productive was Bennett. Anyone remember Manumaleuna? LOL

Desmond Clark signed as a FA and played well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

A smart GM will offer him a multiyear deal for 12M with performance and games played incentives that get him to 17-18M if met. Let the player bet on himself.