Bills have been calling around pursuing potential trade partners in the top ten draft

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I know there aren't any specific trade parters BUT if the Billls traded with the Bears, the Bears could get some good picks. Teams don't always go by that value chart for draft picks. If they really value a player they'll give up whatever. To trade up 5 spots for Sammy Watkins the Bills gave up their 2014 and 2015 first round picks and a fourth round pick. Last year the Chiefs gave up their 2017 1st and 3rd round picks and their 2018 1st round pick to move up from 27 to 10.

I feel like it's too much of a gap for the Bears to only get 2 picks in return. If the Bills really value a player at #8 maybe they could be willing to give up picks 21,22 and 56 for 8 and 111. That way the Bills would still have a 1st and 2nd round pick and get their guy at #8.

If that did happen and going by some rankings, the Bears could address WR, CB, OL and edge with their 2 first and 2 second round picks.

If not then hopefully the Bills trade ahead of the Bears to draft a quarterback, making it easier for them to get someone like Quenton Nelson or Calvin Ridley.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I think if mayfield is there you have to trade down or draft mayfield and get a trade later.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You and I are thinking alike.... dabears...
It would be an incredible opportunity at the exact time in Pace's tenure for this scenario to happen

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think if mayfield is there you have to trade down or draft mayfield and get a trade later.
The only way I think PACE would draft a QB for someone further down the draft order is if he had a written confirmation of such a trade and had already imposed some type of League verifying and enforcing penalty of maybe a 1st and a 2nd round draft pick for backing out.
I don't think such a penalty is enforceable so I think Pace wouldnt draft a QB

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
You and I are thinking alike.... dabears...
It would be an incredible opportunity at the exact time in Pace's tenure for this scenario to happen

I had a couple of tabs open while I was typing that so that's why I didn't type it right away. Then I was redirected to my reply and saw yours right above mine. It's funny how that happened.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I had a couple of tabs open while I was typing that so that's why I didn't type it right away. Then I was redirected to my reply and saw yours right above mine. It's funny how that happened.

Same here in cyberspce I was editing mine, So maybe yours actually happened before my changes finalized

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
It's a pipe dream to think we can trade down and have the 21st and 22nd pick in the draft. If it happened I'd be surprised but again the idea of getting back to back 1st rounders is like getting Peppers. It happened but I doubt we can get that lucky again!

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Still think there is a solid chance two of the top four quarterbacks are still on the board by the time the Bears are picking.

If "by the time the Bears are picking" you mean @8, then no, at least three will be gone, and some mocks have 4 gone by then.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
180 points doesn’t calculate to “far exceeds” if they want to jump up for a QB. I didn’t put forth this thread, I was just pointing out your assumption at this stage is ludicrous.

Except, it's not. Jumping to 8 won't help the Bills if they are looking for any of the top 3 QB's, which will be gone by 5 (maybe 6). It's not a case if the Bears should make that trade (they should) it's a case of should the Bill's make that trade (they won't).

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If "by the time the Bears are picking" you mean @8, then no, at least three will be gone, and some mocks have 4 gone by then.

I don't care about mock drafts. Year after year mocks are proven to be worthless. There always ends up being a team that fucks up the draft board for everyone.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
the bills can also easily make a deal with san fran at 9 or oakland at 10 if the bears asking price is too much. dont trade down that far...a handful of picks im on board with...13 spots is too far.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
It's a pipe dream to think we can trade down and have the 21st and 22nd pick in the draft. If it happened I'd be surprised but again the idea of getting back to back 1st rounders is like getting Peppers. It happened but I doubt we can get that lucky again!
Last year the Texans moved up 13 spots to take Watson.............the cost two first round picks.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think the haul you can get for a trade up will be allot higher if 3 qbs are taken before our pick. If two qbs are left when our pick comes up there won’t be that urgency to make the move. Of course that one qb left will have to be the one Buffalo is interested in cause if it isn’t idt they make a trade to get a qb just for the sake of getting a qb

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
if the Bills want to come up to #8 I would be asking for both their first rounders and a 3rd round pick at least.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
if the Bills want to come up to #8 I would be asking for both their first rounders and a 3rd round pick at least.

Would legit be best case scenario imo. Would completely recoup all of the draft capital we traded away last year.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the haul you can get for a trade up will be allot higher if 3 qbs are taken before our pick. If two qbs are left when our pick comes up there won’t be that urgency to make the move. Of course that one qb left will have to be the one Buffalo is interested in cause if it isn’t idt they make a trade to get a qb just for the sake of getting a qb

The more QB's that come off the board before the Bears pick, the better, because the Bears won't be drafting a QB and the talent pool at a position of need will be better. More reason not to trade down IMO.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Assuming the Browns go QB with the first pick, The bills could just as easily trade up to 3,4,5 or 7. Why would they trade up to only 8?