Bills have been calling around pursuing potential trade partners in the top ten draft

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
There is a rumor that Miami wants a QB? hmmm do you have a link? Miami doesn't need a QB they need a OL, TE, LB, WR(if Landry leaves)

Tannehill last year he played completed 67% and had a 93.5 QBR. His contract is pretty low now that guys are going to break into the 30M per season barrier.
2018 19M
2019 21M
2020 19M

the rumor is about the bills wanting to trade into the top 10...as for tannehill so far he is nothing more than an average to above average qb, its fully expected that qb's would have a high completion percentage in gase's bubble screen offense. I think cutler had the highest or was top 3 in completion % of his career with gase and im sure tannehill's is also a result of gase's scheme not because hes a great qb. the bottom line here is do the dolphins view tannehill as a franchise qb in gase's scheme? To me that answer is no and so if they see a guy they project is a franchise qb why would they not take a shot?

As for the holes you mentioned...tunsil at LT, james at RT, pouncey at C, guard is their biggest issue and can be addressed via the draft...WR's they have both stills and parker so its not a dire need if landry walks, draft is deep at WR... TE and LB can both be addressed via fa.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And Gase didn't draft Tannehill, he may or may not have loyalty but Ajayi and Landry seemed to rub him the wrong way so its anyones guess. I would absolutely question if Miami might take a QB to groom while giving Ryan one more prove it year at the helm ala Alex Smith if I was Bills GM.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not even arguing it is going to happen. Just that you are arguing it won't based on a complete lack of understanding of how first round trades work. Which is still true.

LOL, yeah ok, Teams routinely trade up, even after the player they want is off the board........Happens all the time.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
LOL, yeah ok, Teams routinely trade up, even after the player they want is off the board........Happens all the time.
Who ever said that they do? No one.
But, I get what you are trying to do, deflect from the fact that your idea of teams routinely offering to trade valued high picks for equal or lesser value is fucking stupid.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It won't be the Bears......

Pick number 8 won't do shit for the Bills, aint gonna happen, give it up already. Bronco's will nab Cousins and trade down, needing all the cap space they can saver.

They also have only around 34 mill in cap space, of which signing cousins would take up a hug chunk of that, plus some of their own FA they want to sign. By staying put, their projected rookie cap pool for 2018 would be 11 mil. I cold easily see them trading down, acquiring Buffalo's two first round picks, thus saving them 3 mil, and then possibly even trading down once again with one of these picks. Of course, this is all based on speculation they sign Kirk Cousins. They have some hard choices to make this year.

Who ever said that they do? No one.
But, I get what you are trying to do, deflect from the fact that your idea of teams routinely offering to trade valued high picks for equal or lesser value is fucking stupid.

My first three replies in this thread. Now, who is trying to deflect? Try again?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Except the chart you just used makes my point much better than it does yours. Polar Bear just said both 1sts and a third. Point Value of 1695. that puts it in between the Denver/NYJ picks. Even without the third, it is still in the NYJ/TB range.

I cold easily see them trading down, acquiring Buffalo's two first round picks, thus saving them 3 mil, and then possibly even trading down once again with one of these picks. Of course, this is all based on speculation they sign Kirk Cousins. They have some hard choices to make this year.

It's also been clearly spelled out that the value of the Bills two first round picks far exceeds that of the value of the Bears pick at #8.

My first three replies in this thread. Now, who is trying to deflect? Try again?
Once again, no one thinks Buff would trade with the Bears at #8 if the guy they want is gone.
But no one thinks that Den or NYJ is going to give their pick away to Buff just cuz. Well , except you.
You are like Remy's mini me with your spin.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Once again, no one thinks Buff would trade with the Bears at #8 if the guy they want is gone.
But no one thinks that Den or NYJ is going to give their pick away to Buff just cuz. Well , except you.

He is the Detroit version of the Remy Vortex. He’s giving Alpha Male a run for his money too.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why not just start a thread about trading Mike Glennon to the Browns for a 1st, both have about as much chance as happening.

But you think it's completely sane to think that Broncos don't want an early first round pick in 2018 because it will cost them to much.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
From Peter King:

“Buffalo: Josh Rosen. The musical chairs are getting scarce. This could be a McCarron, Keenum or Bradford spot too. If Denver gets Cousins, I could see Elway dealing his one (fifth overall) for Buffalo’s two first-round picks (21, 22) and another high pick this year or next—I could see Tampa Bay, Chicago, Oakland and San Francisco at seven through 10 in round one doing the same—to allow Buffalo to jump up and get a good quarterback prospect.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/19/quarterback-free-agency-draft-peter-king-mmqb

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Never said the NYJ would trade, only that the points were in that range, go back and look, I specifically stated 4,5,7 and left out 6. Fail again on your part. And yes, Denver would be in play, yes might have to add another pick as well to move into Denvers spot, I never said otherwise. keep trying though.

Again, it will not happen.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From Peter King:

“Buffalo: Josh Rosen. The musical chairs are getting scarce. This could be a McCarron, Keenum or Bradford spot too. If Denver gets Cousins, I could see Elway dealing his one (fifth overall) for Buffalo’s two first-round picks (21, 22) and another high pick this year or next—I could see Tampa Bay, Chicago, Oakland and San Francisco at seven through 10 in round one doing the same—to allow Buffalo to jump up and get a good quarterback prospect.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/02/19/quarterback-free-agency-draft-peter-king-mmqb

so two firsts and a third, like I said? How about that?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
And your the complete version of I am a homer Dipstick.

Oh the irony...

Also, you have posted frequently in this thread but still haven’t refuted my initial response to you. That post has nothing to do with being a homer or advocating for this trade.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It might be a smokescreen but now the Dolphins have joined the QB frenzy.

“Baker Mayfield created a buzz among Dolphins followers when he included #GetMeToMiami in the caption to an Instagram post in January and the team showed some interest in the former Oklahoma quarterback when they met with him at the Senior Bowl last month.”

That meeting reportedly won’t be the last one between team and player. Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins have set up a dinner date with Mayfield on March 13.”

Continued at PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/20/report-dolphins-set-meeting-with-baker-mayfield-before-his-pro-day/

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And your the complete version of I am a homer Dipstick.

To be perfectly honest I've seen far more meatball postings from you about the Lions than anything playthrough has posted. He's probably one of the most level headed season ticket holders I have run across.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be perfectly honest I've seen far more meatball postings from you about the Lions than anything playthrough has posted. He's probably one of the most level headed season ticket holders I have run across.

Meatball Lions fan here to troll Bears MB. He used to deny being a Lions fan until cornered and then finally admitted to it. Why not hang out on the MB of the team you're a fan of? WTF, maybe banned from there for being right all the time.