Equanimeous St. Brown

Luke

Liked Posts:
Ok all you Irish fans, please weigh in.

POTENTIAL DRAFT STEAL ALERT!

Here's a name to remember: Notre Dame wide receiver Equanimeous St. Brown. I recently completed my study of his game film, and I came away very intrigued.

He has outstanding size, quickness and route-running savvy. However, his production fell off this fall. He caught 58 balls and 9 touchdowns as a sophomore but he only hauled in 33 balls and 5 touchdowns this past season. After watching all of his targets from the 2017 season, the drop-off in production is easily explained. Yes, he has a couple drops, but the lack of accuracy at the quarterback position was the main reason for his disappointing numbers. He consistently created separation down the field, only to see the ball fly out of reach.

St. Brown has a complete tool set to be a quality starting NFL receiver. I think teams will see the same thing. I value him as a second-round player and he could end up being a steal in April. -- Daniel Jeremiah

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
He's a very talented receiver that had a tendency to disappear at times, but like the bio here says, that's in part because Notre Dame's quarterbacking was horrible. I'd be happy with him as a second round pick.

Luke

Liked Posts:
He's never been mentioned at #39 before and at least he would be a big red zone target as opposed to the mostly slot receivers mentioned around here.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He's never been mentioned at #39 before and at least he would be a big red zone target as opposed to the mostly slot receivers mentioned around here.

Yes he has..... by me.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A ND homer here said people in the program believe he's mentally soft..if that's the case, then pass. If not, he'll be a second round steal.

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
As a Notre Dame native, going to Notre Dame games and watching Wimbush throw reminded me of watching Jonathan Quinn play. It was just not fun and one of the only things that made it fun for me was watching Brown play, even though he wasn't much because of Wimbush he was certainly fun to watch.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
From our ND expert...

Equanimeous St. Brown
FT DV: 3rd-4th Round
Summary: Brown will test very well during the process. He will run well, has good agility, and is a good route runner. Brown however has had issues with drops, injuries, mental toughness, and is slightly built. His height and reach are a big advantage that will tempt NFL teams in. He reminds be a bit of Todd Pinkston from the Eagles. No real character issues to speak of but he was plagued by a bit of a primadonna rep during his college days. Wasn't incredibly close with his teammates or coaches.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/94367-First-Time-ND-Player-Review?p=2959040&viewfull=1#post2959040

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Agree with that, and I don't think he would really fit the type of offense Nagy is bringing from KC.

Also, if Pagy gets a big WR in FA, I doubt they get a big WR that high

Luke

Liked Posts:
I would be disappointed if Nagy couldn't incorporate a 6'5 red zone target who runs good routes and gains separation into his offense.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A ND homer here said people in the program believe he's mentally soft..if that's the case, then pass. If not, he'll be a second round steal.

Why not just make him a 4th-5th round project? Thats how this whole draft things works, you don't draft a player at a price other teams aren't willing to pay. 4th round steal sounds alot better to me and I doubt he gets drafted on friday or saturday night.

circusboy666

Liked Posts:
I like his highlight vids but without actually watching him play full games I’m not sure his full range...

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Equanimeous St. Brown is 6'4 205lbs but he will also probably run a 4.4 or 4.3 but I see a lot of question about his mindset. Bear have former ND coach Harry Hiestand and I'm sure he could shed some light to Ryan Pace on Brown.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why not just make him a 4th-5th round project? Thats how this whole draft things works, you don't draft a player at a price other teams aren't willing to pay. 4th round steal sounds alot better to me and I doubt he gets drafted on friday or saturday night.

It's kind of a red flag if he is considered soft and a locker room loner.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Equanimeous St. Brown is 6'4 205lbs but he will also probably run a 4.4 or 4.3 but I see a lot of question about his mindset. Bear have former ND coach Harry Hiestand and I'm sure he could shed some light to Ryan Pace on Brown.

I'm sure if the Bears draft then that means Hiestand vouched for him.