Did anyone watch the new format All-Star Game?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
If you did watch it, what was your opinion?

Personally, I don't think it really solved anything.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
It had its moments. The gameplay was a little bit more serious at points. However, hearing them tell me all the things that are "different" from past all-star games and the political talk were annoying. That and a classic D'Antoni meltdown at the end.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yep Special C....a bunch of shit rubbed me wrong about the whole act from start to finish. From picking the teams but not telivising because some guys would be butt hurt, but then releasing the names of the last 2 picks later.

To the announcers and Lebron talking incessantly about "defense" and how competitive it was even after not playing any as usual and taking layup lines and wide open spot ups for 40 minutes. Adapted just like the fake news and past scrubbing bullshit common place by all corporations. Reality doesn't matter anymore its what you say and how you present what you say.

Personally I think if they do this less people would be "jealous" of the captains and butt hurt by process if the selected Coaches picked the teams.

Kevin Hart fiasco was boring and awkward as fuck, these guys are not used to being roasted or taken down a notch by anyone, at least half of them wanted to smack him upside the head. They aren't comedians they are from a world of respect and backing up your words with your actions. It felt wrong and for me took the awe and glean off the celebrity. Should celebrate their greatness, that is what this weekend is we don't need to "humanize" them. Father time does that with athletes, they weren't ready to be publicly humiliated by "little never stops yapping about nothing funny 10% of the time but I'll just keep yapping over the misses."

It was just enough defense to stop the spectacular dunk fest, but not enough to look like basketball. So even worse for me.

Los Angeles brought questionable energy to the game itself. A city not easily impressed by spectacle alone I think. Just a lifeless crowd.

I guess I fucking hated it.

Jordan and Kobe fighting for MVP was fun. Those guys didn't play around, ever. These guys now are all "too cool" for this, and too protected to be bumped or touched in an all-star game so competitiveness seems outside the acceptable culture except for a few moments here and there.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think the announcers had the idea of starting out on sunday and picking the team so the only people who know they are playing eachother are the two captains. But I highly doubt these players will accept any criticism or change anything where the draft is public. They hold too much power with this commissioner.

Did not see much of the game other than between channel changes, but the fans seemed into it at least.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the announcers had the idea of starting out on sunday and picking the team so the only people who know they are playing eachother are the two captains. But I highly doubt these players will accept any criticism or change anything where the draft is public. They hold too much power with this commissioner.

Did not see much of the game other than between channel changes, but the fans seemed into it at least.

I like the last minute idea, but the coaches should do it to minimize the awkwardness. They should go in a room and come out with rosters, with starters on each team based on a player vote of peers system points system.

The coaches are also mature enough to keep the selection process inside the room it occurs between two men and not leak it, because they don't need that drama in their lives or to offend players they hope come to their team one day.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought the game itself was a lot more entertaining than in previous years. :shrug:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I've never understood the need for coaches in All-Star games, especially the NBA All-Star game. Majority of all of those guys (probably MLB excluded) would probably prefer to sit at home and watch tape. Pop would probably just like to the better restaurants and drink wine. Or at least let the guys who have the worst record in the league from each conference coach.