Bears Part Ways with Sitton

Payton_34

Seattle Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I've been saying Nelson all along at #8. Players of his caliber can't be passed on and our OLine is far from being among the best. I would LOVE to see the Bears take Nelson and find another C/G and T in FA. Also draft another T in the later rounds.

After Nelson, go Edge-WR-CB.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
Why would we move Whitehair from center to guard? He's a pretty damn good center and will only get better. Its easier to find a guard than center.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Speed

Liked Posts:
I know he had to adjust from Cutler to hiking to a giraffe to Trubisky, but Whitehair's shotgun snaps sucked.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Whitehair did have a few snap issues, but did he clean it up later in the year?

I hope they keep him at Center.

Sutton played well last year, but injuries/age/cost had to be a factor

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Im hoping that they toss sittons cash at norwell.

Then taking an edge rusher like davenport in the first.

Either way I expect us to sign a starting caliber guard/center in FA because one thing we know is pace doesn't leave the draft to chance.

Norwell is so good, the Panthers are actually contemplating franchise tagging the LG. I know how great of a prospect Nelson is, but he’d be very lucky to ever have a season like Norwell just had. Funny how things work, Norwell wasn’t even drafted.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Now who was debating with me about replacing a “Top 5” Sitton vs drafting Nelson at #8...? As I said then Sitton is getting old, expensive, and only had a year left so might as well find his replacement in a loaded draft.
You mean like Pace drafted Grasu in the 3rd Rd?
'
Sitton was playing well for us. We could afford him at 8mil. I'm all for drafting a replacement, but it's a good idea to have a transition year. Isn't the 5 OL players a rather important set of positions?

Well, perhaps the new coaches have a plan, such as OL who can really pull, like Grasu could.

Akuma2000

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm hoping that Nelson is there when the Bears pick at 8, he'll help right away solidifying the o-line to protect and help keep biscuit to stay upright and extend plays with his legs.

That same money that would have been paid to sitton can go to a younger faster guy with more upside, not someone on the downside of their careers.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
You mean like Pace drafted Grasu in the 3rd Rd?
'
Sitton was playing well for us. We could afford him at 8mil. I'm all for drafting a replacement, but it's a good idea to have a transition year. Isn't the 5 OL players a rather important set of positions?

Well, perhaps the new coaches have a plan, such as OL who can really pull, like Grasu was.

It's going to be real funny when all the big name FA don't make it to FA and CHI is left with all this cap space money and no one to spend it on but low level guys. That would make cutting Sitton inexcusable.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
It's going to be real funny when all the big name FA don't make it to FA and CHI is left with all this cap space money and no one to spend it on but low level guys. That would make cutting Sitton inexcusable.
Totally agree. Guys in the Bears office had better have had a commitment from the player they want to replace him with.

AussieBear

shocking.

aussie be talking bout this possibility n my version on how be to move on way long ago in someones thread//.. money wasnt the main factor... age/money/contract.. they did sitton a solid. they released him a year early so da sitton can get another decent multi year deal elsewheres.

bears can be attack dis a couple ways..

FA LG
FA C move whitebeard to LG
FA LG AND C.. move whitebeard to RG.. try in squeeze out longs always hurt ass.
ROOKIES AT either DEM POSITIONS.

I be brought up the rpo oline thought.. oline basically be run block all game. so. its easier to find run blocking olinemun.. sprinkled in with new oline coach from a rpo system? and....... yadda yadda yadda.. dis and that.. be said me introduction peace on dis yesta in another thread.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Sooooooo.......

Just a question......

But can someone please tell me why Josh Sitton was released today and Mike Glennon was not? :thinking:

Why cut a guy when multiple teams are likely blowing up pace to trade for him?

It's the decade of the giraffe; and it's not over.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Sooooooo.......

Just a question......

But can someone please tell me why Josh Sitton was released today and Mike Glennon was not? :thinking:

I’m guessing that there is a great voice in Ryan’s head that guides him.
This voice recently said unto him...Ryan, prove to me your trust and release Josh Sitton. Unbeknownst to you, in the same manner that I did for you after Matt Slauson, I will provide another top end player to show your genius to the world. Go forth.