Bears Part Ways with Sitton

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Either that, or Pace’s ole lady has a thing for that big G body type and got busted again.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Look for a Norwell or Fulton signing on FA. It makes sense if they do want to make a big push for Norwell. I don't think Norwell will make too much more than the 8 million Sitton was getting and he is younger and better.

Don't see Pace going Nelson at #8 nor is he guaranteed to be there.

I still think we should just keep Whitehair at C. He is a big part of Jordan Howard's success as a zone runner.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know he had to adjust from Cutler to hiking to a giraffe to Trubisky, but Whitehair's shotgun snaps sucked.

Why do people ignore the fact that he was playing through a bad right elbow?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m guessing that there is a great voice in Ryan’s head that guides him.
This voice recently said unto him...Ryan, prove to me your trust and release Josh Sitton. Unbeknownst to you, in the same manner that I did for you after Matt Slauson, I will provide another top end player to show your genius to the world. Go forth.

Slauson has been a nobody since leaving. Meh 2016 and not blocking well before missing most of 2017. That this board was so up in arms over a meh player that was not going to fit the new scheme was bizarre.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Slauson has been a nobody since leaving. Relatively poor 2016 and not blocking well before missing most of 2017. That this board was so up in arms over a meh player that was not going to fit the new scheme was bizarre.

Whatever fits your Pace slurping narrative, but you can’t say Slauson had a poor 2016. That’s ridiculous.
Had a fine year and was named team captain.

Speed

Liked Posts:
Why do people ignore the fact that he was playing through a bad right elbow?

I recall issues he had snapping to Glennon even before that. Correct me if wrong. I haven't read any stats on the one's he missed or what games he had problems, I just remember a lot of the general not so good from Whitehair.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Look for a Norwell or Fulton signing on FA. It makes sense if they do want to make a big push for Norwell. I don't think Norwell will make too much more than the 8 million Sitton was getting and he is younger and better.

Don't see Pace going Nelson at #8 nor is he guaranteed to be there.

I still think we should just keep Whitehair at C. He is a big part of Jordan Howard's success as a zone runner.
You mean look for Pace to TRY and sign Norwell or Fulton. We aren’t the only team out there in FA.

Last year Pace went hard after RT Wagner and DET ended up getting him.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
You mean like Pace drafted Grasu in the 3rd Rd?
'
Sitton was playing well for us. We could afford him at 8mil. I'm all for drafting a replacement, but it's a good idea to have a transition year. Isn't the 5 OL players a rather important set of positions?

Well, perhaps the new coaches have a plan, such as OL who can really pull, like Grasu could.

I don’t get the Grasu connection, but I do agree there should be a transition phase. I dont see why Pace felt he had to release Sitton at this exact time unless they are really confident in the other guys on the team.

Luke

Liked Posts:
Prior to this cut, I assumed the Nagy/Fulton relationship made it a strong possibility that he would sign here. By all accounts, he played pretty good at center after he had to step in when their starter went down. Wouldn't shock me at all if the Bears felt that he could continue to improve at center with more reps under HH and move Cody to LG. Instead of buying every FA at their over priced sky high price, perhaps Nagy has insight that Fulton could develop into a very good center at a reasonable price.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whatever fits your Pace slurping narrative, but you can’t say Slauson had a poor 2016. That’s ridiculous.

Slurp my Slauson. So butt hurt I expect a bit of ass to mouth as well.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

I wouldn't use the captain title as a prerequisite for being good....Glennon was named a captain.....Slauson missed more than half the season last year......as players age they generally get more injured.....that is why Slauson was let go and that is why Sitton will be let go.....

Speed

Liked Posts:
Is there any truth that we save 1 million if we cut Glennon in june(11.5 now vs 12.5 then)? Not that I think they're gonna penny pinch THAT much and not give a man enough time to find another job (No matter how balls Glennon was).

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think that even Pace could manhandle Pencil Neck Grasu.

Now, I'm really hoping for Nelson.

I don't see any reason to draft Nelson at #8 when it's a strong draft for guards and centers and there's a good amount of centers in free agency as well. Was Helfrich at Oregon when Grasu was playing there?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is there any truth that we save 1 million if we cut Glennon in june(11.5 now vs 12.5 then)? Not that I think they're gonna penny pinch THAT much and not give a man enough time to find another job (No matter how balls Glennon was).

That is simply a designation. A team can designate 2 players as June 1 cuts even if they cut before June......it is simply a mechanism where the cap is calculated....

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see any reason to draft Nelson at #8 when it's a strong draft for guards and centers and there's a good amount of centers in free agency as well. Was Helfrich at Oregon when Grasu was playing there?

Besides Nelson, there are at least another 4 1st round caliber G/C’s in this draft...

James Daniels, C, Iowa
Daniels is a very athletic and technically proficient center. In the run game, he's extremely quick and effective on reach blocks and second-level blocks. I'm amazed by his ability to stay attached with his hands while he re-works his foot positioning. In pass pro, he plays with outstanding knee bend and balance. He shoots his hands quickly and can anchor against power as well as redirect vs. counters. He's very aware. Daniels is one of the best center prospects I've evaluated in the last five years.

Isaiah Wynn, OG, Georgia
Wynn was an undersized left tackle for the Bulldogs; he projects as a starting guard at the next level. In the run game, he is sudden out of his stance and can roll his hips on contact, generating movement at the point of attack. His hand strength is outstanding. He's very effective as a puller because of his ability to redirect and cover up linebackers in space. In pass protection, he keeps his hands tight and he's a natural knee-bender. He will lunge and whiff on rare occasions, but he's usually patient and stays on balance. He is very aware of blitzers (see: him vs. Minkah Fitzpatrick in the national title game). Wynn has some previous experience at guard and I believe he has Pro Bowl ability at that position.

Billy Price, C, Ohio State
Price was a four-year starter for the Buckeyes. He played both guard and center during his career. He was a very dominant run blocker while lining up at center in 2017. He has quick feet and a very powerful base. He latches on and flashes the upper torque to rag-doll opposing defenders. He isn't a great knee-bender, but once he gets his hands on you, he stays attached. He does struggle with balance at the second level. He gets overly aggressive and ends up on the ground too often. In pass protection, he can anchor easily against power rushers and he's very aware vs. twists and stunts. Overall, I love his strength, toughness and position flexibility. He's not an elite athlete, but he's a Day 1 starter at either guard or center. — Daniel Jeremiah

Will Hernandez, G, UTEP
Four-year starter at left guard and the most highly-decorated offensive linemen in UTEP history. Hernandez possesses a rare combination of power, balance, and athletic ability. He is a plus run blocker with the anchor and footwork to handle himself in pass protection as well. Though he lacks height and length teams would like, it shouldn't hurt his stock much. Hernandez should be able to step in as an immediate starter with a high ceiling — Zierlein

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Now who was debating with me about replacing a “Top 5” Sitton vs drafting Nelson at #8...? As I said then Sitton is getting old, expensive, and only had a year left so might as well find his replacement in a loaded draft.

So now all we need to do is get a WR, OLB and G with that #8 selection. Do you also have a way to get 3 players with that #8 pick??

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Doesn't this make it more likely that Whitehair shifts over to G, and guys like Price or Ragnow are targeted at C???