[La Canfora] CB Marcus Peters on trade block?

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Matt Nagy ties but I'm not sure if I want him on the Bears he seems like the CB version of BMarsh.

Why trading Marcus Peters makes all the sense

I want to make it very clear here that I like Marcus Peters, a lot. I like what he’s done for the Kansas City and Oakland communities, I like the passion he brings to the game, and if I were the Chiefs, I would favor keeping him. He’s too much of a unicorn to let go.

For the sake of this article, however, let’s explore why I believe the Chiefs could make a case for trading him.

The first, indisputable argument is that Marcus Peters loses his cool way too often on the football field. Officially, Peters has four career unsportsmanlike conduct penalties, in addition to one taunting call. If you watch the Chiefs every week either at Arrowhead Stadium or on television, we all know it could be much worse than that.

We’ve seen Peters scream obscenities at fans in the stands, referees and opponents alike.

This season, we saw the worst of Peters’ actions as a professional when he threw a referee’s flag into the stands after a defensive holding call he did not agree with. The referees only gave Peters an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty, but he jogged off the field, only to return (now infamously) without his socks.

giphy.gif

It was later reported that Peters got into an argument with a Chiefs coach on the way to the airport, and after that, head coach Andy Reid had seen enough.

The NFL only fined Peters for the in-game incident, but Reid gave him a one-game suspension.

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/2/20/17029928/why-the-chiefs-could-feasibly-trade-marcus-peters-they-shouldnt

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Bears stay away from hot heads.

5 Interceptions in 2017
6 Interceptions in 2016
8 Interceptions in 2015

He has hall of fame potential as a CB he is really effing good.

[video=youtube_share;mDmc2Nyjm04]https://youtu.be/mDmc2Nyjm04[/video]

msadows

Liked Posts:
In a heartbeat. Potential for two more years on his rookie contract.

Fuller, Peters, Amos, and Jackson would make us one of the best secondaries in the nfl.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Yeah, we should only have feel good lovable guys on the team! Who cares about talent, amirite?

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
But it's La Canfora, so probably won't be traded.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
TRADE SCENARIO 1: Pace trades 1[8] to the Bills for picks 1[21], 1[22], and their 2018 4th round pick. He then trades pick 1[22] and possibly a 4th for Peters.

TRADE SCENARIO 2: Pace trades 1[8] to the Chiefs for Peters, their 2018 2nd round pick, and Washington's 2018 3rd round pick.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
TRADE SCENARIO 1: Pace trades 1[8] to the Bills for picks 1[21], 1[22], and their 2018 4th round pick. He then trades pick 1[22] and possibly a 4th for Peters.

TRADE SCENARIO 2: Pace trades 1[8] to the Chiefs for Peters, their 2018 2nd round pick, and Washington's 2018 3rd round pick.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I would say no to Peters and just draft either Ward or Jackson at #8.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
I'd rather go sign Trumain Johnson or Malcolm Butler and keep Fuller.

Then we don't lose picks for a corner.

We may need them for a receiver...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In a heartbeat. Potential for two more years on his rookie contract.

Fuller, Peters, Amos, and Jackson would make us one of the best secondaries in the nfl.

His contract sounds great for a really good player. When a player like that comes available there's something wrong. Nagy will know whether or not this guy would be a plus or minus to a team.

kerschbs

Liked Posts:
Don’t know if option 2 is viable or not but I’d take that deal in a heartbeat.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He gone. Going to the Rams which i would think means they're not planning on re-signing T.Johnson.

kerschbs

Liked Posts:
I’d rather have Peters, at least depending on what they are trading.

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Johnson is still looking for his 1st big contact after two years under the tag. He's gonna be spendy but worth it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
This could open a trade down clown scenario with K.C. for a shot at Ward or Jackson, although they don’t have a first rounder yet.