2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Pace should have just kept alshon. Now there's no way for him to correct his error.

You don't keep someone who does not want to be here.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
You can't be that disappointed. Regardless of the tag, top FAs have the luxury of getting paid and going to a competitive team of their choosing. Sure money talks, but the Bears aren't landing a top WR in free agency. Not happening with an unknown coach, unproven QB, and a miserable five year record. Most players want a winner to ride into the sunset.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I will flip 2nd round picks with them and you can keep him out of the AFC.

If not Tannenbaum can bag load all his deals and blow his cap.

U hitched your wagon to the wrong guy and continue to be delusional.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
You don't keep someone who does not want to be here.

This is a common idea tossed around but it doesnt really hold water. Players want to be paid and they want to win.

If the Bears would have offered him a combination of both, he would have wanted to stay. If they would have kept paying him the franchise tag or given him the contract he wanted, he wouldn’t have been as happy as he is in Philly but he would have still stayed.

If all they wanted to do was string him along waiting for his value to drop, of course he would want to leave. Pace chose to draw a line in the sand and let him walk without getting anything in return, that was a terrible move especially since White and Meredith both had season ending injuries .

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
No, they always could. But this Absolutley detonates their cap situation. They need to cut Juwan James, Lawrence Timmons and Julius Thomas to get to 28 million, which becomes 12 with the tag.

They are going to restructure Suh which will mean he has close to a 30 million dollar cap hit and 18 in dead money moving forward.

I think they are trying to trade him.

Miami is in cap trouble those three you say they need to cut are talented players just for on wr why?
Miami has a problem and at this point can't tag anyone so it will be likely Landry isn't

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke

Liked Posts:
I guess it depends on what the compensation. The odds of getting a player better then Landry after the 1st round is very small. Obviously I'm not trading our 1st round pick for him but i'd definitely trade our 2nd rounder for him.

don't bogart that joint. no team is trading anything worth a damn just to have the right to sign him to a long term contract north of 16mil a year

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
dolphins are likely keeping landry as a 1yr rental, i dont think they have intention of keeping him long term...cap wise they can make it work by restructuring suh, extending james lowering his 9 mill cap hit to about 5 mill and releasing thomas and wake.

i dont see them trading landry unless landry really doesnt care where he lands and is only worried about money.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Trading anything over a sixth round pick, would be asinine.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I never felt it was very likely Landry would 'land' in Chicago anyway....this pretty much makes it a lock. No way Pace sends draft picks for him.

Washington

Liked Posts:
It's crazy that teams franchise their good players so they can't leave. Note to Pace, tag Fuller.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I hope they can negotiate a long term extension before doing that.

That's not in Fuller's best interests IMHO. I bet he'd prefer to hit free agency and see what the world has to offer. Pace can't let this one get away. Pace created a new hole with Sitton's cutting versus giving them a transition year to find a replacement. So many holes to fill...

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not really. Players don't want to play for the bears. Alshon walked and got a good contract mid season plus a SB. There are now reports that fuller wont be coming back. Why do players not want to stay? I hope the mccaskeys look in the mirror and figure this out. I hate watching studs leave but it's starting to become commonplace with the bears.

So because Alshon didn't want to play here means all players all the sudden don't want to play here?? You just make this shit up off the top of your head. We already know you're a Pace hater and hate on everything he does but Pace is doing a great job rebuilding this team, the thing is that some aren't positive enough to actually see it and then there's the haters like you that just don't get it and hate on everything you can when it comes to Pace. Some like to compare our rebuild to what they did in Philly which is absolutely ridiculous but those people don't seem to understand that NO rebuild is the same.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He might have been the best wr available after cooper was gone but not BPA. That was a need pick and pace needed to replace marshall after trading him.

Hahahaha you're such a clown. White was absolutely the BPA at that time in the draft.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I love what Howie Roseman did in Philly. Pace could learn a thing or 20 from him, especially with FAs.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Well, I'm 0-2 for what I was recommending/hoping for this offseason. I'm going to change my predictions to shit I don't want to happen to insulate us from further bad luck.

In all seriousness, this just makes it all the more important that we land early contributors at WR in the draft, because the FA group is slim pickings. I am doubling down on Ridley at 8.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, I'm 0-2 for what I was recommending/hoping for this offseason. I'm going to change my predictions to shit I don't want to happen to insulate us from further bad luck.

In all seriousness, this just makes it all the more important that we land early contributors at WR in the draft, because the FA group is slim pickings. I am doubling down on Ridley at 8.

Ridley is looking more are more desirable by the day.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This is a common idea tossed around but it doesnt really hold water. Players want to be paid and they want to win.

If the Bears would have offered him a combination of both, he would have wanted to stay. If they would have kept paying him the franchise tag or given him the contract he wanted, he wouldn’t have been as happy as he is in Philly but he would have still stayed.

If all they wanted to do was string him along waiting for his value to drop, of course he would want to leave. Pace chose to draw a line in the sand and let him walk without getting anything in return, that was a terrible move especially since White and Meredith both had season ending injuries .

Did Alshon tell you that or did you forget to put some "IMO's" down??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I love what Howie Roseman did in Philly. Pace could learn a thing or 20 from him, especially with FAs.

Well he didn't need to do too much cause they already had a legit team and once they got their legit stud QB in Wentz it's was just a few simple pieces needed after that.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Well he didn't need to do too much cause they already had a legit team and once they got their legit stud QB in Wentz it's was just a few simple pieces needed after that.

LOL. A few simple pieces...

Roseman also undid many of Kelly's high-priced personnel decisions, dumping running back DeMarco Murray, linebacker Kiko Alonso and cornerback Byron Maxwell. The latter two players were packaged in a trade with the Miami Dolphins that allowed Philly to move from 13th to eighth overall in the 2016 NFL Draft -- all in the hope of securing a franchise quarterback. Ultimately, the Eagles used that pick as part of a blockbuster trade with the Cleveland Browns that landed them the second overall pick, which they used to select Carson Wentz, who would emerge as an MVP candidate in Year 2 before suffering a torn ACL in a December game against the Rams.

A few months later, after Vikings quarterback Teddy Bridgewater suffered a severe knee injury shortly before the start of the 2016 season, Roseman deftly dealt veteran quarterback Sam Bradford to Minnesota for a first-round pick, speeding up Wentz's ascent to a starting role. He has been wheeling and dealing ever since, with highly effective results, trading for players such as cornerback Ronald Darby, defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan and, midway through this season, running back Jay Ajayi.

He has also had success in the draft (left tackle Halapoulivaati Vaitai, a fifth-round choice in 2016, has been an able replacement for injured star Jason Peters, while defensive end Derek Barnett and cornerback Rasul Douglas have been rookie contributors in 2017, in addition to undrafted rookie running back Corey Clement) and in free agency (quarterback Nick Foles, running back LeGarrette Blount, receivers Alshon Jeffery and Torrey Smith, defensive end Chris Long, cornerback Patrick Robinson and safety Corey Graham all made big contributions after signing this past offseason).

Throw in rookie kicker Jake Elliott, signed in September to replace the injured Caleb Sturgis, and all 53 of the points scored by the Eagles in the 2017 postseason have been produced by players who were not on the team's roster before this season.