Dolphins expected to Franchise Tag Landry

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Dolphins Franchise Tag Landry

Jarvis Landry - WR - Dolphins
The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins are expected to use the non-exclusive franchise tag on Jarvis Landry.

Last edited:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Calvin Ridley is looking better to me as every day goes by.

No landry, no robinson. I guess mitch can enjoy throwing to the allstar lineup of albert wilson, john brown, kendall wright, and dontrelle inman.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Calvin Ridley is looking better to me as every day goes by.

No landry, no robinson. I guess mitch can enjoy throwing to the allstar lineup of albert wilson, john brown, kendall wright, and dontrelle inman.

I wish I was higher on Ridley, but if that's the way it ends up so be it.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
yep, it is official. Robinson is now the only one left and is expected to be tagged.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
And the pipe dream exhales its final breath.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
A-Rob, Wilson, Lee, MOncrief, Richardson

I'll take Robinson, re-sign Wright and Meredith, and a rookie please.

Darnell Mooney

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
tenor.gif

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
A-Rob, Wilson, Lee, MOncrief, Richardson

I'll take Robinson, re-sign Wright and Meredith, and a rookie please.

Robinson is also expected to stay where he is. I think it's most likely they do what they did last year, roll the dice on 2nd tier free agents and hope for the best.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I wish I was higher on Ridley, but if that's the way it ends up so be it.

Most nfl ready WR in this draft. Very few negatives. Ceiling might not be as high as some other recent 1st round WR's, but his floor is also very high. At worst he will be an excellent #2 in the nfl. Exactly what mitch needs right now.

Not having landry hurts, but now we NEED to go WR in rounds 1-2. Paul Richardson isn't the answer. Neither is albert wilson. These are #2's at best, and thats being generous.

The only way to fix the WR position outside the draft is via a trade, which I'm still holding out hopes for.

This hopefully means we will throw a fat wad of cash in andrew norwell's direction.

Joeyo_pr

Liked Posts:
I am glad, didn't want Landry. I think we will be fine with Wright in the slot. We need edge receivers.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Most nfl ready WR in this draft. Very few negatives. Ceiling might not be as high as some other recent 1st round WR's, but his floor is also very high. At worst he will be an excellent #2 in the nfl. Exactly what mitch needs right now.

Not having landry hurts, but now we NEED to go WR in rounds 1-2. Paul Richardson isn't the answer. Neither is albert wilson. These are #2's at best, and thats being generous.

The only way to fix the WR position outside the draft is via a trade, which I'm still holding out hopes for.

This hopefully means we will throw a fat wad of cash in andrew norwell's direction.

Ridley is nowhere near the 8th best player in the draft. Pace will not take him top ten. Our best bet is to trade down and take a WR in the teens.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Ridley is nowhere near the 8th best player in the draft. Pace will not take him top ten. Our best bet is to trade down and take a WR in the teens.

He is a good combine away from being a top 10 pick. There is zero chance he makes it past baltimore at 16 and i doubt he makes it even that far.

He is the most nfl ready player in a dire position of need that doesn't have many answers to it in free agency. Thats the only time overdrafting is okay.

Mitch Trubisky was nowhere near the 2nd best player in last years draft.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I am glad, didn't want Landry. I think we will be fine with Wright in the slot. We need edge receivers.

Not sure Wright will be back either. I have a feeling he won't be returning.