Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I don't disagree with you on what Pace acquired. But, the team in its first year won more games than the team in the following 2 years. Pace gutted the roster without having better options in place in many cases.

The 53 man roster, save for Fuller and Long, is all on Pace now. He's built it. Those are all his guys. He's done a commendable job with the draft, albeit there are still question marks to be answered on all 3 of his 1sts. He's been well below average in FA and that is pushing this long rebuild even longer. If say only 2 of the 5 multi-year contract guys actually were going to be starters going into this year, there would be less work to do. Cooper, Demps, Sims, and Wheaton were all signed to be starters and none will be this season. All 5 (this includes Glennon), yes all 5, will need to be replaced. That means those holes are still holes and need to be refilled. Pace is not alone in missing on FAs, but his hit mark is not good. Yet, people make excuses for these misses, but when another GM, say the one in Philly, finds 9 starters in FA over 2 seasons and wins a SB, they minimize his signings and the impact.

If I erred on 50% of the decisions I make in my job, I'd be looking for a new job. I have always expected to do far better than average and have held myself accountable to errors I've made. I didn't make excuses or expect others to make them for me.

I think comparing your job and commensurate performance with that of a NFL GM is pointless. You have no idea internally how the signings you referenced were viewed by the Bears. The Bears have drastically improved on defense and now Pace has the task of improving the offense. He has the most important piece in place to work with his hand picked coach. I see a big picture starting to come together and you see mediocrity.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I think comparing your job and commensurate performance with that of a NFL GM is pointless. You have no idea internally how the signings you referenced were viewed by the Bears. The Bears have drastically improved on defense and now Pace has the task of improving the offense. He has the most important piece in place to work with his hand picked coach. I see a big picture starting to come together and you see mediocrity.

I see a 5 win team after 3 drafts and 3 FA periods. A team that had it's best record in it's 1st season of the rebuild. Our GM is now on his 2nd coach already. We have yet to achieve mediocrity. I saw our GM wait until year 3 to address the QB position. I watched a GM in Philly make a huge move in his 1st year as GM to address the QB position. I watched said GM nail FA and make key trades. That team went from being below mediocre when the new regime took over to hoisting the ultimate prize in 2 years. I am praying we can achieve mediocrity in our 4th year of what appears to be a very long rebuild. I do believe mediocrity is not far away. I also believe the ultimate prize is far away. Hopefully, I am wrong - about the latter...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I see a 5 win team after 3 drafts and 3 FA periods. A team that had it's best record in it's 1st season of the rebuild. Our GM is now on his 2nd coach already. We have yet to achieve mediocrity. I saw our GM wait until year 3 to address the QB position. I watched a GM in Philly make a huge move in his 1st year as GM to address the QB position. I watched said GM nail FA and make key trades. That team went from being below mediocre when the new regime took over to hoisting the ultimate prize in 2 years. I am praying we can achieve mediocrity in our 4th year of what appears to be a very long rebuild. I do believe mediocrity is not far away. I also believe the ultimate prize is far away. Hopefully, I am wrong - about the latter...

Roseman has been with the Eagles since 2000. He’s in his second tenure as GM. He’s run seven drafts and free agency periods as GM of the Eagles. Chip Kelly did have two 10-6 seasons when Howie was on the bench. Let’s not let facts get in the way of a good story.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Roseman has been with the Eagles since 2000. He’s in his second tenure as GM. He’s run seven drafts and free agency periods as GM of the Eagles. Chip Kelly did have two 10-6 seasons when Howie was on the bench. Let’s not let facts get in the way of a good story.

It is a great story. Who does not like people who are competent at their jobs? Oh here's some more facts for you -->

"Roseman continued to climb the Eagles front office ladder, serving as the vice president of player personnel for two years before being named the Eagles general manager on January 29, 2010 after Tom Heckert was hired by the Cleveland Browns in the same role. Although he had the title of general manager, Roseman served mainly in an advisory role to head coach and executive vice president of football operations Andy Reid, who had the final say in football matters. Three years later, Roseman assisted Eagles chairman Jeffrey Lurie in the team's search for a new head coach in 2013, which ended with University of Oregon coach Chip Kelly coming to Philadelphia. Kelly, like Reid, had the final say over the 53-man roster, so Roseman continued to serve mainly in an advisory role.. Roseman took over a team that was 7-9. "

Here’s another interesting contrast in competency. Let’s look at the PK situation.

Pace gets of rid of Gould who goes on to rarely miss again in SF. OK, I get that. Gould had an off season so it was time to move on. Pace signs Connor Barf who has been bad outside of 50 and turns out to be bad period. He then signs a complete head case in Aquayo who proves to be a complete head case. Next up, Pace signs Santos with a recent groin injury who lasts 2 games due to, well, a recent groin injury. We then get the ever popular aging Mike Nugent who could have been Ted Nugent for that matter. In contrast, Roseman coolly plucks 5th round pick Jake Elliott off Cincy’s practice squad and he has a huge year including making a 61 yard field goal. Add PK as yet another hole to be filled again this year for Pace. We are a 5-win team on a very slow train to mediocrity.

Competency can happen. We should expect it and not make excuses when it does not happen.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If you can’t connect the dots on the Barth signing, I can’t help you. Gould needed a new start. He cost Trestman a playoff birth and blew multiple games for Fox. Do you think getting cut might have helped him re-focus? Barth kicked for Fox, gee I wonder who wanted him?

The best players were in place before Roseman took the reigns other than Wentz and Alshon. And quite frankly, Alshon had an average year. Now he’s seriously injured.
I get it, Roseman is your guy and you think Pace is mediocre. If Roseman had taken over this mess, he’d be no further along than Pace.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace is 14-and-34. Those are the facts.

Until he changes it, he's a GM with one of the worst winning percentages in NFL history . . .

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace is 14-and-34. Those are the facts.

Until he changes it, he's a GM with one of the worst winning percentages in NFL history . . .

I think you might have mentioned this before.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:

Quite possible. It's really the ultimate barometer in measuring Snails's success as we move forward.

He got an extension he didn't deserve due to circumstances largely of his own creation. He needs to meet the Bears in the middle and start producing. Three straight seasons of 10-loss records is atrocious and not indicative of a productive rebuild . . .

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

He has, and the usual Pace defenders have also mentioned their views over and over here.

The dialogue over Pace is an ongoing issue.

Many here disagree and think the issue needs no more commitment of CCS space and time. Others still feel the need to continue the dialogue.

I find it very interesting when people act exasperated by the repetition inherent in such discussions, but only express such disdain at one side of the issue and not the repetition of proponents of the other side.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
He has, and the usual Pace defenders have also mentioned their views over and over here.

The dialogue over Pace is an ongoing issue.

Many here disagree and think the issue needs no more commitment of CCS space and time. Others still feel the need to continue the dialogue.

I find it very interesting when people act exasperated by the repetition inherent in such discussions, but only express such disdain at one side of the issue and not the repetition of proponents of the other side.

that goes for pretty much everything.