This is what $22M got us

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone else find it funny that Warden is bitching about what the 22 mil got us when he's the guy buying B level actress's panties with his OWN money? I mean talk about wasting money...

in his defense.......I think he gets more mileage out of the panties than the Bears got out of Glennon

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Nobody has good free agency.

But Pace has some really bad swings.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
:cringe:

Liked Posts:
Anyone else find it funny that Warden is bitching about what the 22 mil got us when he's the guy buying B level actress's panties with his OWN money? I mean talk about wasting money...

Why you gotta be an asshole? For one, you know I don't own any panties. Secondly, B level? How about Emmy winner.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Wheaton is a piss off because if went back to what Pace did year 1, signing injured guys and going they would stay healthy.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Did I forget to mention that Ryan Pace is a fucking idiot?

I keep going back to it, but if Pace just waited and gotten Mitch at 3 and did not lose all those other picks on rounds he is great at, it would have been worth 18 million dollars.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I keep going back to it, but if Pace just waited and gotten Mitch at 3 and did not lose all those other picks on rounds he is great at, it would have been worth 18 million dollars.

I hear the Bears should have kept Alshon too.

RochBear

Liked Posts:
Pace has more misses than hits...there is no doubt. Also, players have not wanted to go to the Bears because even though the money was offered.....

Pace is a victim of his own failure, but could also benefit from success. It is all riding on the QB position. If he gets it right with Trubisky his job will be much easier.
This is why he played the long game with drafting him and gave the appearance of going all in on Glennon. It is all about the QB.
LeGere https://www.dailyherald.com/sports/...es-in-bears-gm-ryan-paces-free-agent-signings
agrees with you. By his count, 8 misses, 6 hits. If injures were counted as misses, then that kind of ratio might it normal for teams without special attration (competitive for SuperBowl, living in NY or Miami, zero income tax ... and so forth). I'd luv to see some real data on that. And, of course, LeGere's count is not definitive, I just use it as it's handy.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
LeGere https://www.dailyherald.com/sports/...es-in-bears-gm-ryan-paces-free-agent-signings
agrees with you. By his count, 8 misses, 6 hits. If injures were counted as misses, then that kind of ratio might it normal for teams without special attration (competitive for SuperBowl, living in NY or Miami, zero income tax ... and so forth). I'd luv to see some real data on that. And, of course, LeGere's count is not definitive, I just use it as it's handy.

I think he missed a couple "misses": Ray McDonald? Vlad Ducasse? Manny Ramirez? Nate Chandler? Quintin Demps?

Bearman 43

Liked Posts:
Your old worn out,beating a dead horse routine is really stale.

Go kill another horse so you can beat it to death for another yr plus.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
Lol FA is an absolute crapshoot. They key to being successful in FA is TRY to improve your roster and more importantly to not fuck yourself cap wise. In that sense he has been successful. More often than not for most FA signings it’s never worth the contract given. Judge a GM by draft not FA. FA decide where they will sign...and we know pace had offered big money at big FA. Not his fault they choose somewhere else to play.

Another poster that I wish I had as manager when I worked in auto sales. Selling cars is an absolute crapshoot I could have told my boss.

They key is to TRY to sell. Buyers decide what car they will purchase, not me. While I may not get their contracts done, it is most important that I don't fuck myself by signing someone to a payment schedule they can't keep over the long term.

In that sense, I was a very successful salesman that one month.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
I don’t and I don’t think it’s pace fault going forward

Said this before going forward with the increase in cap expect fa to be pretty weak with talent. And where you see in past fa around 4 teams having cap to sign people now we have 15 teams with significant cap space to go shopping. So between thin talent and more fa competition just don’t expect the significant fireworks.

A decent point here, but I am not sure how Pace could be excused for missing out though.

I mean Pace might have had an excuse for last year. Maybe he wanted to fire Fox so he could have a better hand in selling FAs on the Bears (along with bidding more than others like what was reported for Jeffrey and Boyua). If so, that would be more on our owners than on Pace. (and also a shocker that nothing leaked).

But now it is 18 and Pace hired Nagy. I get that the market heated up with more cap but I am not sure why Pace (or any other GM in the league) would get excused from accountability.

Washington

Liked Posts:
but I am not sure why Pace (or any other GM in the league) would get excused from accountability.

It's been happening here since Pace was hired. One excuse after another. That will not end. Some people here seem to applaud those who don't do well at their job, condoning mediocrity. One would hope they treat their careers with more rigor and expectations.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It's been happening here since Pace was hired. One excuse after another. That will not end. Some people here seem to applaud those who don't do well at their job, condoning mediocrity. One would hope they treat their careers with more rigor and expectations.

Actually some here understand the big picture and the massive overhaul Pace faced. Others are reactive like most fans and want to fire everyone after a few years and start over. When you have a roster that is old and the most talented players are old or malcontents, there is no easy fix. Fans tend to rely on 20/20 hindsight and the thought that every move should have a positive outcome.

I hope that people have vision in regard to their own careers and understand when faced with tough circumstances critical thinking, planning and determination typically lead to success.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Actually some here understand the big picture and the massive overhaul Pace faced. Others are reactive like most fans and want to fire everyone after a few years and start over. When you have a roster that is old and the most talented players are old or malcontents, there is no easy fix. Fans tend to rely on 20/20 hindsight and the thought that every move should have a positive outcome.

I hope that people have vision in regard to their own careers and understand when faced with tough circumstances critical thinking, planning and determination typically lead to success.

I don't disagree with you on what Pace acquired. But, the team in its first year won more games than the team in the following 2 years. Pace gutted the roster without having better options in place in many cases.

The 53 man roster, save for Fuller and Long, is all on Pace now. He's built it. Those are all his guys. He's done a commendable job with the draft, albeit there are still question marks to be answered on all 3 of his 1sts. He's been well below average in FA and that is pushing this long rebuild even longer. If say only 2 of the 5 multi-year contract guys actually were going to be starters going into this year, there would be less work to do. Cooper, Demps, Sims, and Wheaton were all signed to be starters and none will be this season. All 5 (this includes Glennon), yes all 5, will need to be replaced. That means those holes are still holes and need to be refilled. Pace is not alone in missing on FAs, but his hit mark is not good. Yet, people make excuses for these misses, but when another GM, say the one in Philly, finds 9 starters in FA over 2 seasons and wins a SB, they minimize his signings and the impact.

If I erred on 50% of the decisions I make in my job, I'd be looking for a new job. I have always expected to do far better than average and have held myself accountable to errors I've made. I didn't make excuses or expect others to make them for me.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
With Fox gone, I expect better FA signings.

"THIS," as they say around here.

Fox is responsible for the poor talent evaluations, and for telling Pace who to sign.

"Sweaty" Teddy is responsible for negotiating contracts in excess of what the players are worth.

So Snails really had nothing to do with it.

Now that Pace has "HIS" coach, and has successfully moved Phillips out of the way, things will automatically improve.

Unless they don't. At which point it will be obvious that Phillips is still meddling and Nagy is a disappointment. If so, Pace will need another extension . . .

AR-150229714.jpg&updated=201502211959&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder

Last edited:

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
"THIS," as they say around here.

Fox is responsible for the poor talent evaluations, and for telling Pace who to sign.

"Sweaty" Teddy is responsible for negotiating contracts in excess of what the players are worth.

So Snails really had nothing to do with it.

Now that Pace has "HIS" coach, and has successfully Phillips out of the way, things will automatically improve.

Unless they don't. At which point it will be obviously that Phillips is still meddling and Nagy is a disappointment. If so, Pace will need another extension . . .

AR-150229714.jpg&updated=201502211959&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder

:rimshot: