Lack of Free Agency talent!

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
Is it me or is the list of available free agents for this upcoming season less than impressive???

It seems to me that the last couple of years the amount of quality free agents has been dwindling. The increase in amount of spending per team has had the opposite effect than what I think the NFL had anticipated. Teams are now able to afford their draft picks and holding on to them more and more than previous years.

This is the right way to do it as richer teams can’t go out and buy winning teams. You win through the draft and now almost every team can afford the guys that turn out to be good players. The teams that draft the best will be the better teams unless of course they have shitty coaches but teams that draft well usually have excellent coaching staffs.

Maybe I’m just being pessimistic because of the Bears being a shitty team for the better part of the last two decades. I’m also bitter because we seem to not be able to or willing to pay our good draft picks like Jefferey for example. It’s frustrating that we have a team and culture where guys leave for less money because we stink.

I’m very excited about the coaching staff that has been put together but I’m pessimistic about our GM given his history with free agency and also his affinity to letting our most talented players go without a replacement already in place. I understand the idea of getting younger but I think Pace has let his ego get the better of him and the team. He seems to want zero to do with players and coaches that he didn’t draft, sign or hire. Then have the balls and tell the fans that we aren’t in a rebuild. Teams are always rebuilding with the future in mind due to the amount injuries or just aging. The fact is that players don’t play very long as a whole.

1. How would you rate the list of Free Agents as a whole?
2. who do you think we should go after?
3. Who do you think Pace will go after?
4. Do you think we continue to lose out on initial targeted players? (We seem to lose out on our actual favorites the past couple of years)
5. Do you think the guys we target will actually want to come here now versus the past couple of years? Why or why not?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
1. I rate them a 42.
2. Footballers.
3. Other footballers.
4. Who?
5. Maybe.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I can’t really remember a particularly talent abundant free agent class

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I feel like this year is pretty good depending on franchise tags.

OL group is solid.
CB group is strong.
If Robinson and Watkins hit market the WR group is better than most years.
Never a lot of pass rushers but the possibility of Ziggy Ansah hitting the market elevated that group.
Oh and this is probably the most interesting QB FA class ever.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I think maybe we get that impression because we are all so hotly focused on WR and the top 2 are likely to be tagged. That might dim for us what is actually a pretty good class, and several of the best players are still reasonably young.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Teams are flush with cap space fa will be a hard place to play going forward. Need to just keep hitting on those draft picks

Alpha

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like this year is pretty good depending on franchise tags.

OL group is solid.
CB group is strong.
If Robinson and Watkins hit market the WR group is better than most years.
Never a lot of pass rushers but the possibility of Ziggy Ansah hitting the market elevated that group.
Oh and this is probably the most interesting QB FA class ever.
Glennon is free agent too, The QB free agents is looking great. :lol:

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't spend a lot of time worrying about things you can't control like Pace and free agency.

We all know how this story goes: Pace will find the worst free agents out there and overpay them.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I can’t really remember a particularly talent abundant free agent class

last year was a pretty solid group. There should be some good players this year too. They just wont be coming to chicago.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Or adding on to a previous post.

But, go ahead and cunt about it a little more...

Many moons ago a man named Jesus invented a magic "edit post" button. Perhaps you should stop being a bitch?

Reactions: DC

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
last year was a pretty solid group. There should be some good players this year too. They just wont be coming to chicago.

The Bears will get some good players in free agency. Players will look at the young QB who already has teammates respect, and a new HC and GM on new contracts. Established DC, top 10 D and top 10 RB.

If Bears are the highest bidders for guys this year, I don’t see them being turned away.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
This FA year looks just as good if not better than years past... not sure there’s any substance to your theory.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glennon is free agent too, The QB free agents is looking great. :lol:

Well with Cousins (big money), Keenum, Bradford, and Bridgewaters (all one the same team so 1 or 2 go), McCaren and who else it is at least interesting. That is a lot of previous or potential starters with a lot of teams in need.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And then DB70 will make up a bunch of lame as excuses for it.

I'm kinda getting sick of making excuses for the clowns on here that don't understand the game but act like they do anyway....WRONGO.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Or adding on to a previous post.

But, go ahead and cunt about it a little more...

They have this thing call "edit" Try using it for once