legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
The only reason I wanted Watson over Trubisky in the draft was due to the questions surrounding Trubisky's leadership. He's proven me wrong. He's going to be a great leader for the young offense and should be extremely successful on the field provided Pace gets him something to work with.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Well, I am anything bit a Bears homer. I have been a Lions fan all my life up until this past year. I made the switch for a couple reasons: first, because I think the Lions will never win with a QB like Stafford. And 2nd...because Trubisky is pretty much the opposite of Stafford as far as skill set I believe is needed to win in this league.

Smart, accurate and win in this league. And Trubs athletic ability is just icing on the cake, imo. I don't care if you can throw it through a brick wall if you can't hit the broad side of a barn...

Wow, that's really pathetic. THE definition of fairweather.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
well im really flattered that you think my opinion is the only one that matters

If that's what you got out of his response you're Special person.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Well, I am anything bit a Bears homer. I have been a Lions fan all my life up until this past year. I made the switch for a couple reasons: first, because I think the Lions will never win with a QB like Stafford. And 2nd...because Trubisky is pretty much the opposite of Stafford as far as skill set I believe is needed to win in this league.

Smart, accurate and win in this league. And Trubs athletic ability is just icing on the cake, imo. I don't care if you can throw it through a brick wall if you can't hit the broad side of a barn...

Do me a favor and don't root for the Bears either. You have no idea what it means to be a true fan, which means sticking with your team through bad times and good, even if there is really no good.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I think it will take a little more time for Trubs then most think but I think he will be very good by year 3 or 4. His inexperience is both good and bad. I bet he has the least amount of experience of all the 32 starters and less then most backups. I think what he has done with the players and coaches around him is much better then it looked. The future sure looks promising.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I think it will take a little more time for Trubs then most think but I think he will be very good by year 3 or 4. His inexperience is both good and bad. I bet he has the least amount of experience of all the 32 starters and less then most backups. I think what he has done with the players and coaches around him is much better then it looked. The future sure looks promising.
This. I think there is going to be a lot of growth, but not a huge leap from year 1-2 with him due to the experience, or lack there of, he has. Hoping I'm wrong about that.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Do me a favor and don't root for the Bears either. You have no idea what it means to be a true fan, which means sticking with your team through bad times and good, even if there is really no good.

You don't know bad...not even close. One measly playoff win in my 44 year lifetime is bad. Don't preach to me....

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said in my opinion its too soon lol

My opinion is that if Trubisky's good, then Ryan Pace made a great pick and is a great GM. If The Frisky One isn't good, then someone meddled in the pick and wouldn't let Snails pick who he wanted, so he should get an extension and a chance to draft another quarterback . . .

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he will damn good and has the ability to be as good as a Drew Brees....will he get there??? Who knows......at worst I think Eli Manning.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My opinion on Mitch is he is raw as hell and needs to be worked with to be great. Guy has a high ceiling but Pace can't fail him by keeping a shit team around him

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
My honest opinion is that we need better wide receivers, better o line play, and better play calling. All things that we are capable of seeing next year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

This was known as an excuse when used with Cutler.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I think Trubisky is the real deal. I think people underestimate just how bad the situation was for a QB last year. The Bears had nobody that could separate consistently. The offense was predictable and didn't put guys in the best situations to succeed (as Jordan Howard said). CBSSports has a good breakdown of him from last year, and there was just so little open space for him to throw to most of the time. And it's really hard to throw timing passes when you don't have guys that can create separation by the time you need to be getting rid of the ball.

Give him Meredith, an upgrade at the slot, and some speed outside the numbers and I think Trubisky has a huge year even if he makes no progress mechanically. Jared Goff made a huge jump last year based on WRs that could get open and an innovative offensive scheme, and I don't think he physically improved all that much. Trubisky was clearly better their respective rookie years, and I think Trubisky can be a top 12-15 QB in the league as soon as 2018.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I feel that some of these thoughts are dishonest quite frankly and go against the spirit of the thread

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
To be honest he has shown he can be accurate but he hasn't proven he can read NFL defenses yet.
He desperately needs WRs he can trust to help him and a oline that won't land him on ir.
Even though in the back of my head I am afraid of the second year slump I think with the new offense it will be like a rookie year all over again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Quick question that doesn’t deserve a new thread. What is Trubisky and Goff doing together in the offseason?

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Liked Posts:
I think Trubs is going to be a QB you can win with. Intangibles and leadership are there. Desire is there. Work ethic is there. I think he’ll protect the ball and have the ability to win games when you put it in his hands. He’s a franchise QB, IMO.

I think he's going to be better than that, especially if the Bears do run a primarily RPO heavy offense. I don't know how many passes that kid put on the money last season that were either called back due to stupid penalties, drops, & called no catches. I know there were a lot between the three. You get this kid a better O-line, better WR's, a coach who understands the concept of the forward pass & more pro experience & I think the kid has some very promising days ahead. Having to spend his days as a rookie scurrying around surrounded by scrapheap talent is going to be a godsend towards him continuing to pick up the pace of the game at the pro level.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

That crap can be put to rest, He played almost the full season as starter!