Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trump is not trying get rid of H1b workers, they’re simply calling it merit based immigration. One Senator pointedly mentioned there were 300,000 Indian workers waiting to immigrate here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Off sourcing can't improve without some inflation. Without tariffs and penalties for offshoring to level the playing field, businesses only got a tax break. I'm not against the tax break part if integrated with something that brings job back home and increases tax revenue with more jobs but that's not happening right now. Bringing blue collar jobs back here is close to a pipe dream anyway but there are plenty of other jobs that could be helped. Problem is that no one wants to pay for it, especially the businesses. Everyone likes to complain but they all hate to take their medicine.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Chicago is a shithole for business: Liberal political environment, crazy taxes, horrible traffic, poorly educated workforce

I think you are correct, to a degree. I think it is a great place for something like corporate headquarters. But for what Amazon is going to do, your assessment is likely correct. Indiana would like it but their anti-LGBT position will rule them out.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
you must not be very good because I work with H1B's who cannot and will never be able to hold my jock. In fact we call them the clerks, they can perform rote tasks and follow explicit instructions, have zero ability to think on their feet or come up w/ a creative engineering solution.

And the Mexicans doing jobs Americans don't want to do is a total crock....did you attend Chicago Public Schools by chance?

I hate politics, so I'm very hesitant to enter this little tryst, however what you say about American's wanting to do the work is patently untrue. I live in SoFla, and at the Indiantown and Okeechobee employment offices there are literally 100s of unfilled vacancies for citrus work. Fewer than 5% of the positions are filled by Americans, as they are too lazy and can't hack the work. How many Californians do you think you will find in the central valley picking your tomatoes????? GMAFB.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
If that's the best you got, give up. I have no dog in this fight but incidents vs an endemic issue is always a conceptually poor argument.

I can give you a lot more. Americans lie and cheat as much as any other nationality.

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully the new turf, whenever they do get one, has Prime shipping.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
If Amazon was to open a HQ2 anywhere near Chicago, they would be better off doing it in Kenosha or Racine county WI. right between Milwaukee and Chicago. Probably would be much cheaper also. Kenosha already has a distribution center.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can give you a lot more. Americans lie and cheat as much as any other nationality.

I'm willing to bet you have zero experience dealing with other nationalities... You're just shooting off your liberal, everyone is the same, and no one is better than anyone else millennial dumbass mouth.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I'm willing to bet you have zero experience dealing with other nationalities... You're just shooting off your liberal, everyone is the same, and no one is better than anyone else millennial dumbass mouth.

LOL. I am not sure where you got that I was liberal. In fact I voted for trump. None of that matters because I have dealt with other nationalities more than you. You seem like a redneck hick that hates people from other countries so you simply don't deal with them. I work in the tech industry and have dealt with a lot of people from different nationalities. The only point I was trying to make is that many Americans are dishonest and lie and cheat to get ahead as do many people in other nationalities.

Decatur Staley

CBMB Legend
Donator
Liked Posts:
LOL. I am not sure where you got that I was liberal. In fact I voted for trump. None of that matters because I have dealt with other nationalities more than you. You seem like a redneck hick that hates people from other countries so you simply don't deal with them. I work in the tech industry and have dealt with a lot of people from different nationalities. The only point I was trying to make is that many Americans are dishonest and lie and cheat to get ahead as do many people in other nationalities.

I aspire to be a bit more redneck but maybe a hick... Your post gives me some hope that you have a bit of sense (aside from the voting for Trump bit). I'll admit that I may have misjudged you, so I'll elaborate...

There is a difference between your anecdotal experiences with individuals from other nations and the culture of the country from where those people come from.

In other words, just because that dude (or multiple men and women you may know) who works at your office or whom with you deal with via skype, email, etc isn't a liar doesn't mean that their culture doesn't interpret or understand lies differently than you do... In fact (as previously mentioned) most s1b's are the best of the best from where they come... Most are able to quickly understand and adapt to US culture.

However, when you travel to that country and deal with the local people you get a better understanding of their culture... I've not been in my career for as long as OP, but I've been a professional for 15 years. I've negotiated contracts with an Indian multi-national called ONGC and I can tell you that my experiences with Indians is very similar to what OP described. I've also been in charge of a few operations in China and I can tell you that their views on lies differ from Americans too... they differ from Indians too... Rather than lies being understood as 'misunderstandings', the Chinese have a very 'fake it till you make it' attitude... they will tell you over and over that they understand something regardless of whether they do or not... it seems sometimes like they can be afraid to ask questions because it would be disrespectful to do so.

Americans on the other hand are so honest and blunt that we're considered uncouth in many other cultures...

But ultimately, yes, any individual is just as likely to lie as any other individual... I'll grant you that...

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Will my packages come sooner? If so sign Chicago up.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Will my packages come sooner? If so sign Chicago up.

Wouldn't make a difference. It will create more white collar jobs. Amazon is however creating there own shipping service instead of relying on ups. that might help.