CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Will there even be a tournament this year? Or will it even be worth watching?
https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-...g-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html

The documents tie some of the biggest names and programs in the sport to activity that appears to violate the NCAA’s amateurism rules. This could end up casting a pall over the NCAA tournament because of eligibility issues. There’s potential impermissible benefits and preferential treatment for players and families of players at Duke, North Carolina, Texas, Kentucky, Michigan State, USC, Alabama and a host of other schools. The documents link some of the sport’s biggest current stars – Michigan State’s Miles Bridges, Alabama’s Collin Sexton and Duke’s Wendell Carter – to specific potential extra benefits for either the athletes or their family members. The amounts tied to players in the case range from basic meals to tens of thousands of dollars.

I bring this to the Bulls forum for two reasons:
1. I don't think anyone goes into the 'All Sports Forum'
2. Crys hinted at this yesterday:
Crystallas said:
I agree that it's less likely the Bulls fire Fred. But I do believe it's more likely he will get poached by a big college program. Between
those two, I wouldn't be sure on Fred being a Bull next year.

It would be a DISASTER for the Bulls if Fred got poached. For one, I think he's done a good job this year considering the circumstances. Anyone who has wanted to see what Hoiball looks like got their chance this year without ball stoppers like Butler and Wade in the lineup. For another reason, there is absolutely no guarantee the players they got to play under Fred will match whatever a new coach wants to do, and then you're looking at fourth rebuild in the post-Jordan years.

Thoughts? Concerns? Apathy?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Can we have a UIC vs DePaul championship game now?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Also I don't see the ncaa doing anything this season right before the tourney.

They aren't banning teams right now as they love money more than anything else.

Next year though that may change.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Also I don't see the ncaa doing anything this season right before the tourney.

They aren't banning teams right now as they love money more than anything else.

Next year though that may change.
Well the other side to this argument is places like Baylor, Penn State, Michigan State, and UNC still compete in NCAA sanctioned events. That said, typically, the NCAA will do the very best they can to punish the players, so I can see some things happening. I'm sure CBS and other corporate partners will have no problem over-selling the Cinderella story of the Rhode Island Rams making it to the Final Four.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NCAA is washed up. Sports and education should stay separate. But if they insist on keeping the greed alive, it is a joke that they don't pay the players. Ultimately it would be much better if the NCAA died and the G-league took off.

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
NCAA is washed up. Sports and education should stay separate. But if they insist on keeping the greed alive, it is a joke that they don't pay the players. Ultimately it would be much better if the NCAA died and the G-league took off.

I don't exactly like the NCAA either, but that's a bit much, don't you think? I am open to paying players for their likeness in advertising,games, and other such things, and I do think there needs to be some other changes, such as removing the age limit. Or give players who dont want to go to college the option of going to G league, like a minor league stint essentially to get up to speed w/ game competition. If any player decides to go to college, they have to stay at least 3 years(or the equivalent of 3 years in the case of RS or medical RS or transfer).

I don't disagree, practically speaking, that a lot of the star frosh don't give a shit about classes, and aren't really invested in school. They really shouldn't be there. And I definitely get the clash between high profile sports and education. But there are A TON of athletes in both high profile sports(basketball, football) and other sports(e.g. lacrosse, swimming, tennis, golf,etc.) who will have no shot of going pro and play the sport for enjoyment and also because,technically speaking, it does pay(in the form of a scholarship). The NCAA's cash cows are football and basketball(honestly to a lesser extent), but it extends to a lot more than just those two sports.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
In 3 weeks I am going to be such a college basketball expert!!

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Will there even be a tournament this year? Or will it even be worth watching?
https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-...g-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html

I bring this to the Bulls forum for two reasons:
1. I don't think anyone goes into the 'All Sports Forum'
2. Crys hinted at this yesterday:

It would be a DISASTER for the Bulls if Fred got poached. For one, I think he's done a good job this year considering the circumstances. Anyone who has wanted to see what Hoiball looks like got their chance this year without ball stoppers like Butler and Wade in the lineup. For another reason, there is absolutely no guarantee the players they got to play under Fred will match whatever a new coach wants to do, and then you're looking at fourth rebuild in the post-Jordan years.

Thoughts? Concerns? Apathy?

Disaster seems a bit hyperbolic, this team is lottery bound this year and next regardless of coach.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Miles Bridges is apparently in the clear now. He just had to donate $40 to a charity because apparently his family, without even him knowing, had dinner with an agent ������ they need to change this shit....that’s beyond absurd

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
There's no solution to prevent schools from booster-recruiting. You can minimize it by restoring the NBA draft requirements to 18. But the college industrial complex will have a tantrum and we know their tantrums scream the loudest.

Boosters exist to find ways around the rules. Get their teams special advantages. Lot of good and bad.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
How bout them Loyola Ramblers? That was fun.