NT Vita Vea

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Vea has the size and power to play nose and Goldman Sachs has had durability issues at that position Bears could rotate more. Akiem Hicks will be 29 years old next season and we could probably get three more years out of him at most. Bullard has flashed but not sure if he has put it all together yet.

How would you feel if Bears pick Vea?

[video=youtube_share;Hyn_E-cLEdY]https://youtu.be/Hyn_E-cLEdY[/video]

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I love Vea as a prospect and I think he's going to be a great pro, but there are guys that can contribute for us in positions of need, that would be on the field more. Getting him would be great but would not likely be the best use of our first round pick.

He's not making it to our second round pick unless he tearsan ACL training for the combine.

Gaucho

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace is not drafting someone who would play 40% or less of the snaps with a top 10 Pick.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I think that a defensive line of Goldman, Vita and Hicks would be scary good.

However; I don't think it will happen. I expect a CB, WR, or outside linebacker with the 1st round pick.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I love Vea as a prospect and I think he's going to be a great pro, but there are guys that can contribute for us in positions of need, that would be on the field more. Getting him would be great but would not likely be the best use of our first round pick.

He's not making it to our second round pick unless he tearsan ACL training for the combine.

Draft best player available not position of need most draft picks turn out to be busts.

If I have to choose between an average CB over an elite DE even though our team has good depth at DE I'd still go DE.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I think that a defensive line of Goldman, Vita and Hicks would be scary good.

However; I don't think it will happen. I expect a CB, WR, or outside linebacker with the 1st round pick.

I wouldn't count out Guard Quenton Nelson or Offensive Tackle Orlando Brown.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Ryan Pace is not drafting someone who would play 40% or less of the snaps with a top 10 Pick.

He'd play more than that we could slide Eddie Goldman over to DT on some downs while Vita Vea is at NT.

DE: Eddie Goldman, Bullard
NT: Vita Vea, Goldman
DE: Akiem Hicks, Roy Robertson-Harris

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Our third lineman just doesn't play that much though, seeing that we are in nickle more often than not.

Last year for our backup linemen, Bullard played 41% of defensive snaps and Unrein played 37% (in round numbers). Vea is going to be a beast, but he's going to be a beast for someone else.

I just hope he's taken by an AFC team.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
If we can retain our secondary players I would trade down to the middle of the pack and pick this guy up, also the Hicks comment about being good for 3 more years is an eye roll.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Our third lineman just doesn't play that much though, seeing that we are in nickle more often than not.

Last year for our backup linemen, Bullard played 41% of defensive snaps and Unrein played 37% (in round numbers). Vea is going to be a beast, but he's going to be a beast for someone else.

I just hope he's taken by an AFC team.

Maybe, it's just me but I don't think our big guys on the line shouldn't be playing that much. Akiem Hicks was playing last year with an ankle injury and a lisfranc (foot) injury.

I'm not sure if it is because of they don't trust our depth or the player refused to sit out but I'd like to limit the potential of long term injuries.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Fortunately there is zero percent chance this will happen.

gallagher

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Draft best player available not position of need most draft picks turn out to be busts.

If I have to choose between an average CB over an elite DE even though our team has good depth at DE I'd still go DE.
That's a false choice, because we could very well be looking at the best CB, WR, and OG alongside Vea.

Maybe, it's just me but I don't think our big guys on the line shouldn't be playing that much. Akiem Hicks was playing last year with an ankle injury and a lisfranc (foot) injury.

I'm not sure if it is because of they don't trust our depth or the player refused to sit out but I'd like to limit the potential of long term injuries.
Fangio is the one who chose how we rotate his guys, and I'm not here to speculate why. I am here to say that getting a guy at 8 who would come in on rotation just isn't a good use of our most valuable resource.

oober

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The only position you may draft and not be BPA would be QB.... If he is the BPA at 8 and Bears have him so, than he should be drafted. I do want to temper this slightly though, 3rd round and later you can look more into needs, but 1st and 2nd round you are looking for a stud, draft BPA. Much better odds on an impact player.

Gaucho

Liked Posts:
He'd play more than that we could slide Eddie Goldman over to DT on some downs while Vita Vea is at NT.

DE: Eddie Goldman, Bullard
NT: Vita Vea, Goldman
DE: Akiem Hicks, Roy Robertson-Harris
Vic plays 60+% in sub packages. We’d be playing one of Hicks/Vea/Goldman less than 40% of the time, let’s put it that way.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Free Agency will probably give us a good idea of what Pace will target. Whatever pressing need isn't filled in FA is likely to be targeted with the 1st pick

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Free Agency will probably give us a good idea of what Pace will target. Whatever pressing need isn't filled in FA is likely to be targeted with the 1st pick

Actually Pace has done the opposite so far. He's filled all holes in the short-term in free agency and then filled them long-term in the draft. He's tried to make sure he goes into the draft without everyone in the league knowing what position he's picking.