Trade dradline 8est,5pst,7cst,6mst

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I think all the GM's are expecting Tommy to want to sign here again so they expected the Bouma route.

Too much to ask to move AA I guess, half his salary, but maybe he will be scratched more that he is not auditioning for a trade anymore and Schmaltz can stick with kane and maybe get Vinnie or Cat on the other side.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
While Seabrook has been pretty bad, when you look at the whole picture....I think Keith has been far worse. Seabrook's biggest problem is that whatever speed he came with is now gone. Keith, on the other hand has been healthy and age only appears to be a slight factor....but his game is a fucking train wreck. The guy's gone from rock solid to a turnover machine. They've both fallen off but Seabrook had a much shorter distance to go....Keith's drop off has been humongous, like stepping into the Grand Canyon.

If they plan on staying status quo in the front office, then Bowman better start acquiring some players that can handle and pass the puck. There's more to the game than just being able to skate fast....particularly if you're playing for Quenneville.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Matthew Highmore getting "recalled" from Rockford. Never knew why they use the term for a guy that has never played with the hawks.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
While Seabrook has been pretty bad, when you look at the whole picture....I think Keith has been far worse. Seabrook's biggest problem is that whatever speed he came with is now gone. Keith, on the other hand has been healthy and age only appears to be a slight factor....but his game is a fucking train wreck. The guy's gone from rock solid to a turnover machine. They've both fallen off but Seabrook had a much shorter distance to go....Keith's drop off has been humongous, like stepping into the Grand Canyon.

If they plan on staying status quo in the front office, then Bowman better start acquiring some players that can handle and pass the puck. There's more to the game than just being able to skate fast....particularly if you're playing for Quenneville.

The thing with seabs though, is he could go back to 2010 and start hammering people that he can no longer catch. Thats what the other teams keep doing to our talent. Stand them up at the blue line if the puck is on their stick. That might get the fans back behind him and let some of the other shit go. I just cant stand seeing Forsling and rutta being shipped out for the same mistakes Keith and Seabs have made all year. I think one of the biggest mistakes this year was giving Seabrook back the A after the healthy scratch game.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I think Keith's problem is in his head.... same with Toews..... something is way off upstairs.

And yeah Seabrook's skating fell off a cliff in addition to his awareness falling off.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Matthew Highmore getting "recalled" from Rockford. Never knew why they use the term for a guy that has never played with the hawks.

Mental thing? Subtle way of always making guys feel like they're apart of the NHL team?

I can imagine someone deciding this kind of subliminal messaging was worthwhile.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ares;2981359[B said:
]I think Keith's problem is in his head.... same with Toews..... something is way off upstairs.[/B]

And yeah Seabrook's skating fell off a cliff in addition to his awareness falling off.

I think they don't believe in Q anymore, Q has lost the team.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Mental thing? Subtle way of always making guys feel like they're apart of the NHL team?

I can imagine someone deciding this kind of subliminal messaging was worthwhile.
They all are signed to an NHL contract then sent down to the AHL... so that's why they're recalled.

Though the situations like with a guy on an AHL deal initially given a new NHL deal and then called up might be a bit weird. That's a rare case anyway

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
well, it seems like Ryan Hartman was looked at by alot of teams as alot more than Q must have thought he had here. I can see the extra prospect being what it took to trade him within the division.

Alot of call for the hawks freeing up money and getting a top 4 defense man this off season, I guess that means they dont think Rutta is able to fill that top man role. Also seems like they might be a little snake bit now after having Panarin get all those bonus dollars. Hopefully the NMC's stop when they are paying the "core" for what they did, not what they are doing. That was at least better with Panarin, we were paying him alot with the bonus dollars he earned, but we were getting a guy just finding his prime. Stans wants that guy to be on a bridge contract.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
They all are signed to an NHL contract then sent down to the AHL... so that's why they're recalled.

Though the situations like with a guy on an AHL deal initially given a new NHL deal and then called up might be a bit weird. That's a rare case anyway

I felt the question was more around the language.

I mean you could use a variety of terms when this happens... "...has been brought up", "... has been elevated", "....has been promoted..."

They are not required to use the term "recalled", it could be reported in any way they wish I imagine.

But knowing hockey you are probably right... very straightforward terminology based on the contract.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hartman and 5th traded to Preds.

Hawks get 1st 4th and Ejdsell
Yep, As long as Edjsell doesn't turn out to be as useless as Svedberg, and/or either pick becomes a bottom-6 roster player, we won that trade.

Attach that 1st we just got for Hartman and package it with Seabrookzival
No. Just...no. We need pick and we need to start stockpiling talent that's going to hit their stride and 1st real payday around 2023. Even if Seabrook would waive his NMC, that just means the acquisitions have to come from FA's, who are already making good money. Buy cheap and go long.

The Pred 1st rounder will land around the 30th pick, pretty much a wash of a trade but one that we knew was coming.

Now on to AA....
Hartman was a 30th pick. plus, the 'hawks don't have a 2nd rounder. That Nashville pick is pops us ahead of the 2nd round nicely. Plus, the 4th gives us a 4th rounder, which we don't have.

And the trade itself wasn't a wash. Hartman was an 850k (approx) player who needs to be resigned. Edje is an 850k player who's signed through next year, and is waivers-exempt. Hartman, on the other hand, is not and even a 50% raise puts him at 1.3M. That extra money could go to someone like Hino or Rutta, and if Edje isn't ready next year we could always completely bury or loan him back. No harm, no foul.

As I said, the only way we lose that one is if Edje is fake-tits-on-a-zombie useless, and neither pick pans out. As it stands right now we just improved out draft position.

After that appears Wingles is traded, to Boston for a 5th round pick.

Bye Tommy, see you soon.

Pretty much. Granted, if Stan managed to get a 3rd for Bollig...that was cheap for Wingels. Liked his game, though. On a team with many bad generals it was refreshing to see a player who was a good soldier.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Yep, As long as Edjsell doesn't turn out to be as useless as Svedberg, and/or either pick becomes a bottom-6 roster player, we won that trade.

Wow, I thought Svedberg did a great job when he filled in for Keith last year. But Keith wanted to play so he returned 4 weeks earlier than the orignial timeframe. You gotta wonder if that has a part in his never getting back completely.

No. Just...no. We need pick and we need to start stockpiling talent that's going to hit their stride and 1st real payday around 2023. Even if Seabrook would waive his NMC, that just means the acquisitions have to come from FA's, who are already making good money. Buy cheap and go long.

Hartman was a 30th pick. plus, the 'hawks don't have a 2nd rounder. That Nashville pick is pops us ahead of the 2nd round nicely. Plus, the 4th gives us a 4th rounder, which we don't have.

And the trade itself wasn't a wash. Hartman was an 850k (approx) player who needs to be resigned. Edje is an 850k player who's signed through next year, and is waivers-exempt. Hartman, on the other hand, is not and even a 50% raise puts him at 1.3M. That extra money could go to someone like Hino or Rutta, and if Edje isn't ready next year we could always completely bury or loan him back. No harm, no foul.

Most think Hartman is looking for closer to 2 million

As I said, the only way we lose that one is if Edje is fake-tits-on-a-zombie useless, and neither pick pans out. As it stands right now we just improved out draft position.

Pretty much. Granted, if Stan managed to get a 3rd for Bollig...that was cheap for Wingels. Liked his game, though. On a team with many bad generals it was refreshing to see a player who was a good soldier.

I am just happy the ice is opened up for the young players. Well, I wont hold my breath to see if Stan takes some old guy off waivers, but you go back to who got developed over the cup years and you either made it or you didnt. Saad made it, Panarin made it, Krueger made it. Far too many never really got here and I know its a common argument that if the Morins, Bauns, Pirri's, Danault (they love him in Montreal) were able to play more they might have gotten somewhere. How nice would it be to have Danault as the third line center? But it seems to be that Stan is considering what they will want to be paid in the decisions he makes.

No, I think we will see the young guys play well, then all get replaced by betteran free agents next year regardless on how well they play.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

True, but i was also considering the risk-factors: Hartman is a known commodity with a known floor, Edje might not even be bottom-6 in the NHL for all we know.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am just happy the ice is opened up for the young players. Well, I wont hold my breath to see if Stan takes some old guy off waivers, but you go back to who got developed over the cup years and you either made it or you didnt. Saad made it, Panarin made it, Krueger made it. Far too many never really got here and I know its a common argument that if the Morins, Bauns, Pirri's, Danault (they love him in Montreal) were able to play more they might have gotten somewhere. How nice would it be to have Danault as the third line center? But it seems to be that Stan is considering what they will want to be paid in the decisions he makes.

No, I think we will see the young guys play well, then all get replaced by betteran free agents next year regardless on how well they play.
1st off, If Sveddy was any good, he would have stuck in the lineup last year. Campbell and Oduya didn't do much and were oft-pressboxed. He had his chance to crack into it.

The reality is that right now outside of Kane and Crawford, the core is not good. El Gato is up and coming, Hino is up and coming, and Schmaltz is up and coming, but we're still saddled with Keith, Seabs, Toews and Saad--all of whom are likely not going to move and their salary is going to prevent signing quality long-term. Thus, He's got no choice but to parlay off current assets for assets that won't get their payday until 2023. Hartman was once such casualty because, like you said, Hartman could command 2M or so. That's money right there that coul do to Rutta or Hino.

True, but i was also considering the risk-factors: Hartman is a known commodity with a known floor, Edje might not even be bottom-6 in the NHL for all we know.
Hartman was also due a payday, as mentioned above. Even Hartman resigning at 1.3M (50% raise) could mean we can't resign Hino or Rutta--guys who are more effective and could be RFA'd cheaper for a few more years.

Even if Edje is a total bust, a low 1st is effectively a *very* high 2nd (we don't have a second). A low 4th is better than no 4th, and we have Columbus' 5th. This is not a move for the here-and-now, this a future move. The here-and now is bleak what with Keith and Seabs being geriatric and the virtual improbability of them geting better. Toews in in his 3rd straight down season in a row. Saad has no excuse. AA is likley to move this summer when his NMC relaxes to a L-NTC, annd Kane and Crawford can't carry the team with little help from Hino, Schmaltz, and El Gato. The 'hawks need to be positioning now for the next batch, not trying to reanimate the core's corpses--and that's what this move does. We got more shots at someone who will stick a few years down.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Hartman was also due a payday, as mentioned above. Even Hartman resigning at 1.3M (50% raise) could mean we can't resign Hino or Rutta--guys who are more effective and could be RFA'd cheaper for a few more years.

Even if Edje is a total bust, a low 1st is effectively a *very* high 2nd (we don't have a second). A low 4th is better than no 4th, and we have Columbus' 5th. This is not a move for the here-and-now, this a future move. The here-and now is bleak what with Keith and Seabs being geriatric and the virtual improbability of them geting better. Toews in in his 3rd straight down season in a row. Saad has no excuse. AA is likley to move this summer when his NMC relaxes to a L-NTC, annd Kane and Crawford can't carry the team with little help from Hino, Schmaltz, and El Gato. The 'hawks need to be positioning now for the next batch, not trying to reanimate the core's corpses--and that's what this move does. We got more shots at someone who will stick a few years down.st year. Campbell and Oduya didn't do much and were oft-pressboxed. He had his chance to crack into it.

The reality is that right now outside of Kane and Crawford, the co

I've been advocating for a year now to blow it up (to the extent practical given the contract messes), time to build for our next competitive team in 2023.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I've been advocating for a year now to blow it up (to the extent practical given the contract messes), time to build for our next competitive team in 2023.

In all fairness the team should have been nowhere this bad on paper. Unfortunately, games aren't played on paper.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
No matter how high/low the 1st rounder they got for Hartman is, it still allows them to package 2 first rounders to move up if the right person is available. If he wasn't going to take a top six spot, you might as well. Hawks are going to have a good draft pick which might be even better if they use the one they just got with it to move up.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
1st off, If Sveddy was any good, he would have stuck in the lineup last year. Campbell and Oduya didn't do much and were oft-pressboxed. He had his chance to crack into it.

oft pressboxed? Campbell dressed for 80 or the 81 games. Seabrook, Keith, Hammer, Campbell, TVR, Rosival, Kempny, then Oduya and Forsling? He never got a shot last year, never recalled after filling in nicely for Keith in 2015-2016

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
What filling in nicely? He and seabs as top pair 2 weeks in November... then as its been every year lately Seabrook sinks after that point in the season.

Svedberg came back later that year and in the playoffs and was not any good as he's not at all a defender that keeps up in the NHL or uses size well.