What will the day bring.

Karlson on the move?

Hawks trade an anchor?

Pens strike again?

Edmonton trim fat?

Rags continue the blow up?

JT?

Where does McDonuts go?

Stay tuned or head to tsn Canada for all trade news, or hf, boards which ever is your fancy.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
surprised nobody took wingells yet. there were some pretty big moves so far though, just not enough on the hawks front.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Should see if someone will take Keith and Seabrook

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Should see if someone will take Keith and Seabrook

Both have NMC's. It's not if there are takers, it's if they want to go.

That and Keith is a recapture. He, like Hossa, could screw the 'hawks proper if we try to ditch him and he retires.

As painful as it is to think about, I'm operating under the assumption that the 'hawks are stuck with Toews, Keith, and Seabrook for the duration.

As for the TDL...I'm not expecting much. Who do we have, which we can bear to lose, that is worth anything?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Both have NMC's. It's not if there are takers, it's if they want to go.

That and Keith is a recapture. He, like Hossa, could screw the 'hawks proper if we try to ditch him and he retires.

As painful as it is to think about, I'm operating under the assumption that the 'hawks are stuck with Toews, Keith, and Seabrook for the duration.

As for the TDL...I'm not expecting much. Who do we have, which we can bear to lose, that is worth anything?

I h8s u LordKOTL...

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hartman and 5th traded to Preds.

Hawks get 1st 4th and Ejdsell

Last edited:

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Prospect is a 6'5 220 C.

Last edited:

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Observations:
September 2017 – The 2016-17 Allsvenskan forward of the year and the most valuable player signed a two-year, entry level contract with the Nashville Predators. The hulking Swede won the scoring race in Allsvenskan, with 57 points in 51 games (25 goals, 32 assists). The Allsvenskan is the second-highest tier in Sweden. Ejdsell is described as a dynamic two-way center. He can use his size to create room for himself. He has soft hands, a good shot and excellent vision. He can set up teammates or finish plays with lethal efficiency. Skating is one area that needs improving. At times he looked almost uncomfortable on the smaller ice.
The Admirals’ situation at center got interesting with the addition of Ejdsell. Vladislav Kamenev and Yakov Trenin are probably looking over their shoulders now for the big Swede. A situation like this should bring out the best in all three, competing for playing time with the big club. Ejdsell faces the challenge of transitioning his success in the wider rinks of Sweden to the narrower ones of North America and playing in a more-competitive league, the AHL or the SHL. Niko Salminen
Fantasy Outlook: C-
It seems Ejdsell will start the season with the Milwaukee Admirals or the HV71, back in Sweden. At this point, he’s a project.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
A 1st for Hartman.... hmmm

I mean I always liked Hartman but that price they paid seems steep.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hartman to me had a good upside. I wonder if he was in Qs doghouse, benched the other night for a penalty, pretty short lease IMO. If he was traded because of Q smh, FIRE Q please. Edjsell is playing in Sweden... don't know anything aboot him.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Attach that 1st we just got for Hartman and package it with Seabrookzival

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
[h=1]Blackhawks trade Ryan Hartman to Predators for first-round pick[/h]
Blackhawks' Ryan Hartman warms up before a game at the United Center on Jan. 14, 2018. (Nam Y. Huh / AP)

Paul SkrbinaContact ReporterChicago Tribune

Ryan Hartman wasn’t on the ice for the last two-plus periods of the Blackhawks’ loss against the Blue Jackets on Saturday because of a costly penalty that drew the ire of coach Joel Quenneville.
He wasn’t on the ice for the team’s practice Monday morning at MB Ice Arena, either.
That’s because the 23-year-old forward had been traded to the Predators, along with a fifth-round pick in this year’s draft for first- and fourth-round picks in this year’s draft, plus Victor Edjsell.
Hartman has eight goals and 17 assists in 57 games this season. He will be a restricted free agent after this season.
The deadline to complete trades in the NHL is 2 p.m. Monday.
Hartman said last week he would follow the trade rumors closely, except when it came to those involving his name.
“It’s that time of year,” Hartman, a first-round pick of the Hawks’ in 2013, said. “You never really know what happens. It’s out of all of our control. I’ve always enjoyed watching, seeing around the league moves teams make, kind of how the deadline works.”
In his next breath, Hartman, who spent some of his youth in the Chicago suburbs, expressed his desire to stay with the Hawks.
I love being here,” he said. “I haven’t really thought of myself anywhere else. Just come in here ready to practice. When it’s game day I come ready to play and I don’t focus on that stuff at all.”
Ejdsell, 22, is a 6-foot-5, 214-pound forward. He had 17 goal and 13 assists in 44 games in the Swedish Hockey League this season.
Hartman had 27 goals and 30 assists in 141 games over four seasons with the Blackhawks.
The Hawks had eight picks in this year’s draft after trading Hartman.
Bouma assigned to Rockford: Center Lance Bouma cleared waivers and was assigned to the IceHogs on Monday. The 27-year-old has three goals and six assists in 53 games this season.
pskrbina@chicagotribune.com
Twitter @ChiTribSkrbina

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Hartman to me had a good upside. I wonder if he was in Qs doghouse, benched the other night for a penalty, pretty short lease IMO. If he was traded because of Q smh, FIRE Q please. Edjsell is playing in Sweden... don't know anything aboot him.

I dont know if that was a typo at the end but it turned my shitty day around with a laugh

Yeah, a first for Hartman, the next Shaw without all the offense net presence had to be hard to pass up, even if it ends up being a 20 something pick.

I liked watching Vinnie and Hartzy on that third or fourth line, would be nice to let Fortin get a look up here.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
A 1st for Hartman.... hmmm

I mean I always liked Hartman but that price they paid seems steep.

The Pred 1st rounder will land around the 30th pick, pretty much a wash of a trade but one that we knew was coming.

Now on to AA....

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

He was falling out of favor with Q lately.

Most hockey web sites are reporting the Hawks got a great return in this trade.

from pht.com:

The Blackhawks get a really nice takeaway, and you wonder if they might load up on assets even more today. Even if they stand pat, adding another first-rounder (even an almost certainly late one) is precious for a franchise that probably wants to “reset” rather than “rebuild.”

http://nhl.nbcsports.com/2018/02/26/trade-predators-pay-big-price-for-blackhawks-hartman/

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It's a good return on Hartman and I felt before if it's a 1st plus the trade value is there cause he doesn't bring anything more remarkable that I don't see a Duclair, Hayden, Hino types already bringing. And Hartman will be likely asking for 2 mil this summer which now can be saved to add a better D choice.

Doesn't seem any other trades hot made though which seems weak. I get nobody wanting Bouma & Jurco but nothing for Wingles. Glad they don't trade Ruuta.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
After that appears Wingles is traded, to Boston for a 5th round pick.

Bye Tommy, see you soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk