Willie Young Cut

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
Was it for the money? I thought he'd be a good backup...

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think Pace is in danger of creating more holes than there need to be...again

I don't see the point in this cut. It's not like he was breaking the bank. Willie was a decent situational player and let's be honest, do we even have any OLB's on the roster besides Floyd that are worth a shit? Our pass rush is going to be brutal.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I don't see the point in this cut. It's not like he was breaking the bank. Willie was a decent situational player and let's be honest, do we even have any OLB's on the roster besides Floyd that are worth a shit? Our pass rush is going to be brutal.

I totally agree. I see what Pace wants to do. Willie is 32 and Pace wants to get younger. But Willie was pretty productive for us and it's not like we have a lot of players at the position ready to step up. Hasn't Pace learned his lesson about being overconfident and thinking he can fill every hole, even the ones that he himself creates?

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I totally agree. I see what Pace wants to do. Willie is 32 and Pace wants to get younger. But Willie was pretty productive for us and it's not like we have a lot of players at the position ready to step up. Hasn't Pace learned his lesson about being overconfident and thinking he can fill every hole, even the ones that he himself creates?

I mean, we don't know the whole story. Willie could have some health issue or couldn't pass a physical, etc. But, not everyone on your team is going to be 25. It will be really interesting to see how Pace puts the defense together.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like Willie Young a lot, but the OLB group had become way to unreliable in terms of health.

Every year we seemed to start talking about the depth and how solid it was and by week 3 we were playing Sam Acho.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The depth on this team feels like that of an expansion team.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
I don't see the point in this cut. It's not like he was breaking the bank. Willie was a decent situational player and let's be honest, do we even have any OLB's on the roster besides Floyd that are worth a shit?
Nick Kwiatkoski, and Christian Jones are pretty decent

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Don’t panic, we still have Isaiah Irving.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I wonder if Houston comes back on a 1yr deal