• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darnell Mooney

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I'm sorry some of you may think this thread is unnecessary but I think Landry deserves his own thread.

All Landry news post here.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
d665ccfc3137af07866a951c4dab58f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
What channel was it that used to play classic NFL games? Was it NFL Network? Those were great, you could see some of the legends play.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I'm sorry too....that I read this

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Your Choices are pretty awful.. Landry has been linked to the Ravens since last years trade deadline. The Colts are the current team that is being talked about that is interested in possibly trading for him. The Dolphins have said they want him back, but it is not realistic with their cap situation. I understand the Bears, because we have the absolute worst WR core and he is by FAR the best option available in the offseason. Where did you come up with the Browns and Giants? Browns are going to attack DBs, LBs, RBs, and QB. The Giants need to worry about paying ODBJ, signing the highest paid slot is pretty unrealistic.

Darnell Mooney

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Your Choices are pretty awful.. Landry has been linked to the Ravens since last years trade deadline. The Colts are the current team that is being talked about that is interested in possibly trading for him. The Dolphins have said they want him back, but it is not realistic with their cap situation. I understand the Bears, because we have the absolute worst WR core and he is by FAR the best option available in the offseason. Where did you come up with the Browns and Giants? Browns are going to attack DBs, LBs, RBs, and QB. The Giants need to worry about paying ODBJ, signing the highest paid slot is pretty unrealistic.

Hey man the names are in code. Com on

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This is awesome. I didn’t feel right about all the unofficial Landry threads.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I've given up on Landry. It's not going to happen.

Liked Posts:
I've given up on Landry. It's not going to happen.

Posters said this about Peppers too when he was a FA headed into 2010. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him end up in Chicago as a Bear if he hits FA.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
He's not coming to Chicago, nor should they overpay for him to be there.

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
He's not coming to Chicago, nor should they overpay for him to be there.

I agree. We desperately need WR help but we can't give up draft picks and then sign him to a huge contract. I'd much rather get Albert Wilson.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
As one of the biggest Landry supporters I am losing faith that Landry is a possibility. I don't want to trade down and lose the chance of getting a legit franchise X- or Z- receiver. I think Wilson and Ridley will be our last hope for this season. If Ridley looks horrible at the combine then we will have to give up the picks for Landry.

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
As one of the biggest Landry supporters I am losing faith that Landry is a possibility. I don't want to trade down and lose the chance of getting a legit franchise X- or Z- receiver. I think Wilson and Ridley will be our last hope for this season. If Ridley looks horrible at the combine then we will have to give up the picks for Landry.

I disagree that we have to give up picks for Landry if Ridley looks bad at the combine. We are already short a draft pick this year so giving up another pick and having to sign Landry to a huge contract would be incredibly stupid of the Bears. It's not like we are one player away from competing for a championship.

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I disagree that we have to give up picks for Landry if Ridley looks bad at the combine. We are already short a draft pick this year so giving up another pick and having to sign Landry to a huge contract would be incredibly stupid of the Bears. It's not like we are one player away from competing for a championship.

We simply can not go into the season with a receiving core as bad as last years. Even if we got WIlson and a 2nd or 4th rd pick that wont make a tiny bit of difference.. Wilson would be a minimal upgrade over Wright. The 2nd or 4th round pick will be a minimal upgrade over Bellamy in his 1st year. what would we do to improve the WR core?

It is starting to seem like the only legit WR available will be Watkins with a lot of teams that need WRs and know that the draft is poor on starters. He is set up for a huge payday.

Phibbulous

Thread Killer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Toronto Blue Jays
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Toronto Maple Leafs
  1. Michigan Wolverines
It is starting to seem like the only legit WR available will be Watkins with a lot of teams that need WRs and know that the draft is poor on starters. He is set up for a huge payday.

We have so many holes now that I can't see us successfully addressing them all in one off season. Guard, OLB, CB, and possibly RT and MLB too. WR is a huge need too and I agree we can't go into this season with a receiving core as bad as last years. With so many positions of need I think the Bears will be forced to settle for more middle of the road players, like taking a flier on Terrelle Pryor or settling for Marquis Lee. I'm not happy about that, but spending picks and big money on Landry seems absurd at this point, which means it's exactly what the Bears will do.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
We simply can not go into the season with a receiving core as bad as last years. Even if we got WIlson and a 2nd or 4th rd pick that wont make a tiny bit of difference.. Wilson would be a minimal upgrade over Wright. The 2nd or 4th round pick will be a minimal upgrade over Bellamy in his 1st year. what would we do to improve the WR core?

This is what you call a classic, knee-jerk overreaction...

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts: