Albert Wilson to Bears likely

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is what Eric Edholm tweeted based off that quote....what a douche

[FONT=&]"A few minutes ago, Chiefs GM Brett Veach pretty much said the Bears will sign WR Albert Wilson. Hilarious."

[/FONT]

And half of CCS takes it as truth.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing wrong with signing this guy, as long as it is not our best WR addition to the roster, if it is, Pace has shit the bed again.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Nothing wrong with signing this guy, as long as it is not our best WR addition to the roster, if it is, Pace has shit the bed again.

my take completely, don't mind the Wilson signing but if that is his big FA WR signing than I want to see him draft a WR with one of his first 2 picks

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I understand the concern of Wilson being the big FA WR signing, but there potentially aren't any big FA WR's available in this FA class. If Robinson and Landry get tagged, then that leaves a ton of WR's similar to Wilson in this FA class. I think the Bears will draft a WR from the 2nd - 4th round no matter who they sign from the WR FA class.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Albert Wilson and Kendall Wright will solidify the slot position on the Bears but we still need a second outside receiver to pair with Cam Meredith.

Wright is a UFA. Likelihood of signing both is close to nil.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wilson's solid but do any of you think he's a starter?

3 wide sets? Yes. Bears would obviously do more than that though. If Kevin white can avoid non-contact injuries, or not get tackled, we can see if he can overcome his shit ass luck

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wilson's solid but do any of you think he's a starter?

I don't know, sort of doubt it. But, like said by others, if he is just part of the WR puzzle it would be a good signing. He knows the offense and would be one of the best WRs on the team last year! I think Pace needs to get at least two more through whatever means.

napo55

Liked Posts:
How about aiming for a top flight receiver? Enough with the roster fillers who are fringes prospects. A really good WR will probably will have to come in the draft, 1st or 2nd round.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Wilson and Marqise Lee wouldn't bother me given what's available.

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
How about aiming for a top flight receiver? Enough with the roster fillers who are fringes prospects. A really good WR will probably will have to come in the draft, 1st or 2nd round.

Bears are in prime draft position to take one, but the argument is, does a WR warrant the #8 pick? That's the debate, not only on this forum, but nearly everywhere when it turns to WR and where they are projected.

I feel the best value for WR is in the 2nd - 4th rd of this draft. I'm not sure I trust any of the WR's, with a 1st rd grade, at #8. I do feel a couple have value at #15-#20 or lower.

Last edited:

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Wright is a UFA. Likelihood of signing both is close to nil.

So paying Cameron Meredith, Kevin White, Kendall Wright, Josh Bellamy, and Albert Wilson is to much money? Wright can play the outside.

RWR: Cameron Meredith, Rookie
LWR: Kevin White, Kendall Wright
SWR: Albert Wilson

Bears probably won't give up on Kevin White just yet.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
WRs predicted to go in the 2nd and 3rd rounds look pretty damn good IMO. Not very top heavy draft for WR, but deep.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
Bears are in prime draft position to take one, but the argument is, does a WR warrant the #8 pick? That's the debate, not only on this forum, but nearly everywhere when it turns to WR and where they are projected.

I feel the best value for WR is in the 2nd - 4th rd of this draft. I'm not sure I trust any of the WR's, with a 1st rd grade, at #8. I do feel a couple have value at #15-#20 or lower.

Forget WR with the #8 we need to focus on CB or OLB currently. If Prince and Fuller move on I'd we need a CB stat! Mike Hughes, this kid reminds me of a young Peanut Tillman that could learn out to strip the ball but be #2 to a Ramsey in the league. The kid is shutdown.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
WRs predicted to go in the 2nd and 3rd rounds look pretty damn good IMO. Not very top heavy draft for WR, but deep.

Who do you like?

Round 1: Calvin Ridley, Christian Kirk, and Courtland Sutton.
Round 2: Dante Pettis, Michael Gallup, Deon Cain, DJ Moore.
Round 3: Jordan Lasley, DJ Chark, James Washington, Keke Coutee.

msadows

Liked Posts:

Just the most nfl ready WR in the draft, with the best route running, cutting, and catching ability in this draft. Not to mention perhaps the fastest WR in the draft too(That will be determined soon).

Ridley is worth a top 15 pick, #8 might be a tad rich, but he is also worth it when you have a massive hole at the position and have a 2nd year QB who's future depends on the pieces around him.

Calvin isn't flashy, hes a technician, and is very fluid in and out of his cuts. His game will translate very well to the pros and he should compete for Rookie of the Year consideration(even tho its going to barkley). If he had better talent throwing to him at Alabama he would prob not even be available when the bears are picking.