March 6 is Deadline for Franchise Tag

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Hopefully, Robinson doesn't get tagged but Jarvis Landry may be released and Sammy Watkins doesn't rejoin the Rams.

Ryan O’Halloran of Jacksonville.com offered Marrone’s statement:

“Allen was obviously a very good player for us,” Marrone said. “We have options right now with the tag that are out there.”

Dave Caldwell, at the Combine, added his thoughts, per O’Halloran:

“It’s over $16 million,” Caldwell said. “That’s a lot of money and it would prohibit us from doing some things and helping the team around him.”

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You can't release players that aren't under contract...

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

Dolphins placed Jarvis Landry under a franchise tag they can release that franchise tag unless you have a more technical word for it.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
You rescind franchise/transition tags. For someone that posts a billion articles a day, one would think you'd have seen that term once or twice.

You have to be the biggest douche on CCS. You always like to argue terminology or semantics. You got what he meant. Move on.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You have to be the biggest douche on CCS. You always like to argue terminology or semantics. You got what he meant. Move on.

Coming from you, that is a compliment of the highest order. Thank you very much! And I'm very proud of you for making a post that didn't include whining about Pace; it's like watching your down syndrome child playing with his very first erection.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At this point, the Dolphins are fucking crazy with what they're looking to get. I would just play chicken with the idiots and see if Landry hits the open market because so far no one is paying the asking price and every GM knows they can't afford his tag either. Makes zero sense to negotiate with Miami right now.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Once he signs, Miami is under the hammer. They can’t rescind and will have to make a trade.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Once he signs, Miami is under the hammer. They can’t rescind and will have to make a trade.
Fins are so tight to the cap they will either have to rescind the tag or trade him for a low pick just to get something for him. If not they have entered cap hell.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Fins are so tight to the cap they will either have to rescind the tag or trade him for a low pick just to get something for him. If not they have entered cap hell.

That’s what I’m saying. If he signs they can’t rescind. The whole league knows the position Miami put themselves into. The receiving team may not have to give up much in a trade. Miami is under the hammer.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

CCS posters can't figure out resign vs re-sign.... you think they will grasp this?