Jarvis Landry will sign FA Tag

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
The fact he’s signing it means a trade is imminent.

He can’t be traded otherwise and he stated how the tag is not good for him and he would debate sitting out.

Ok but if he signs doesn’t a team have to give up at least a 1st rnd pick to sign him?

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I guess he wasn’t able to get teams to bite on over paying him & trading assets.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...lphins-wr-jarvis-landry-to-sign-franchise-tag
Not sure that is the correct conclusion. Miami is now like $19M over the cap. Something or things are going to have to give before March 14 for them. He had to sign the tag before he could be traded anyway.
If Miami hasn't worked a deal, maybe he is just trying to force their hand. It might just be a game of chicken between his agent and the Dolphins.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure that is the correct conclusion. Miami is now like $19M over the cap. Something or things are going to have to give before March 14 for them. He had to sign the tag before he could be traded anyway.
If Miami hasn't worked a deal, maybe he is just trying to force their hand. It might just be a game of chicken between his agent and the Dolphins.

This is what is happening would be my guess. Landry is forcing the Dolphins to rescind the tag, allowing him to become a free agent.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:

This is probably true. Once it’s signed Miami can’t resind. They can’t pay him so now they are forced to trade and the whole league knows this...the receiving team may not have to give up much.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Suh is a $26.1 million salary cap so I think he will be gone to create space.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
He has $22M in dead space so he would only save $4m towards the cap. They are deep in cap hell.

Last edited:

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

LOL, nope. Releasing Suh would only create 4 mil of cap space and 22 mill of dead money. They would have to renegotiate with Suh to create significant cap.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Yep, him and his agent or Miami have found a trade with a team or Landry and his agent are putting the pressure on Miami hoping they'll rescind the tag.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The fact he’s signing it means a trade is imminent.

He can’t be traded otherwise and he stated how the tag is not good for him and he would debate sitting out.

Not true. The deadline to sign the franchise tag in March 6 if it's not finalized he's a free agent.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not true. The deadline to sign the franchise tag in March 6 if it's not finalized he's a free agent.

What? You think that if guys refuse to sign the tag they become free agents? Where do you get this shit?

The deadline to designate -- and/or rescind -- franchise and transition players is the 6th. If a guy has that designation at 4PM est. on that day the only team he can play for (barring a trade) is that team. What would be the point of having those tags if a player could just say "I'm not going to sign that, I'd rather be a free agent?"