Luke Falk

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Luke Falk, QB, Washington State
Some teams asked Lamar Jackson to do receiving drills. Perhaps other teams should've asked Luke Falk to participate in punting drills. Falk was the worst quarterback at the combine, as his accuracy was horrendous. He missed on way too many throws, and it's difficult to envision him being drafted prior to Day 3.

Didn't some posters here think he'd be an upgrade over Money Mitch?

http://walterfootball.com/combine2018stockQB.php

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
So you started a thread to troll some poor college kid that has no chance to play in the NFL? You are a true hero

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

Treehorn

Liked Posts:
Luke Falk, QB, Washington State
Some teams asked Lamar Jackson to do receiving drills. Perhaps other teams should've asked Luke Falk to participate in punting drills. Falk was the worst quarterback at the combine, as his accuracy was horrendous. He missed on way too many throws, and it's difficult to envision him being drafted prior to Day 3.

Didn't some posters here think he'd be an upgrade over Money Mitch?

http://walterfootball.com/combine2018stockQB.php

Falk was not the worst at the combine. JT Barrett and Jackson really sucked. The completion thing is BS as all the NFL QBs commenting were saying that is not what the scouts were looking at.

greg23

Liked Posts:
At this point i think any draft pick on a qb is a wasted pick.

Ride with trubisky
Sign a vet backup who can win games if needed
Sing a udfa if you really like someone this year
But wasting a 4th or 5th on a qb is a wasted pick imo

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
At this point i think any draft pick on a qb is a wasted pick.

Ride with trubisky
Sign a vet backup who can win games if needed
Sing a udfa if you really like someone this year
But wasting a 4th or 5th on a qb is a wasted pick imo

as I said a couple of weeks ago, Chase Daniels will be the backup QB. Its now being reported the Bears & Chiefs are both interested.

More from JLC, who cautions of a potential bidding war between the Bears and Chiefs over backup quarterback Chase Daniel. The Saints would like to retain the veteran, but they might not be able to afford him with a big money extension on the horizon for Drew Brees. The Bears and Chiefs both make sense for Daniel given the ties he has to both coaching staffs.

and of course, as I re-read this tidbit, I realize JLC reported it. Which means I'm absolutely wrong.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A little while back there was a QB out Michigan who flopped at the Combine and he was an after thought going into the draft. The Patriots took a 6th round flier on him and...well you know the rest

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
A little while back there was a QB out Michigan who flopped at the Combine and he was an after thought going into the draft. The Patriots took a 6th round flier on him and...well you know the rest

People need to stop with this bullshit. The chances of low and undrafted QB's becoming like Brady are extremely minute. I probably have a better chance to win the lottery.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People need to stop with this bullshit. The chances of low and undrafted QB's becoming like Brady are extremely minute. I probably have a better chance to win the lottery.

Not saying he will become Tom Brady, but there are some striking similarities between the two.

Fact is Luke Falk made an irrelevant WSU team relevant the moment he took over as QB. Look at the talent he was surrounded by, the competition he played against, and the record of WSU pre-Falk years.

He won't get drafted until day 3 but whoever drafts him will have a stand up guy who will work his ass off and at worse be a quality back up QB for years.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

The exception proves the rule

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't like too many QBs in this draft. The ones I DO like, won't be around in the 5th or later. Depends on who is there and at what spot.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Not saying he will become Tom Brady, but there are some striking similarities between the two.

Fact is Luke Falk made an irrelevant WSU team relevant the moment he took over as QB. Look at the talent he was surrounded by, the competition he played against, and the record of WSU pre-Falk years.

He won't get drafted until day 3 but whoever drafts him will have a stand up guy who will work his ass off and at worse be a quality back up QB for years.

That was more Leach than Falk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know a couple good posters that loved Falk last year. Never really got it though I think he'll probably make a great backup somewhere. He's a good football player without great tools.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Luke Falk is Landry Jones. Just not very good. Slow moving, slow processing, decent arm, smart kid. But he's a guy you don't want your team to have to ever put on the field.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
faulk was talked about as one of, if not, the best qb in college last year, but then he stayed in school and now this year hes shit supposedly. reports on the draft are all over the place and no one besides the teams know wtf anyone is thinking.

considering whenever a qb decides not to throw at the combine people say that looks worse than looking bad while throwing since they are looking at mechanics and other things, not completions.

all i know is when i watched faulk last year i liked what i saw, the kid could play.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
he was #50 in college football passing efficiency. Still want those that thought he could unseat Mitch this year raise their hand.