Don't be a Trade Down Clown

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Why do people keep falling for omelet's gimmick? Anyone who is foolish enough to not realize the value of trading down at times is either trolling or dumb

Obvious trolling yet others have been banned for much less. Weird, huh?

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
[/B]

You do realize he has not answered this and I would put a hundred bucks on that he never will. He is a fucking troll and not even a good one at that.

Yep, I've asked him the same questions every time he raises this absurd notion, his only responses are to insult and deflect for obvious reasons.

But let's give the poor guy a break, he drives an Audi and is unaware that it's a chick car.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Omelet is right.....don't be a trade down clown.

That being said, our resident arm-chair GMs don't run the team--or are in touch with reality when it comes to doing so in their "mock offseasons."

So while they play their dynasty modes on madden, its as simple to them as "equating value" or looking at the NFL draft pick value chart and just saying "presto!"

But, in reality, it takes 2 teams to trade. Just because you like it, doesn't mean another team, or their GM does for that matter. And because its chicitysports, where Chicago's finest fans post their opinions, most posters don't understand that. So don't sweat the meatballs, let them be obliviously content with their bad ideas as it seldom will happen, and they'd just be angry if it did anyways.

And mods, can we do a sub-forum for the our special artists who love them some mock drafts? Please?

RacerX

Liked Posts:

That being said, our resident arm-chair GMs don't run the team--or are in touch with reality when it comes to doing so in their "mock offseasons."

So while they play their dynasty modes on madden, its as simple to them as "equating value" or looking at the NFL draft pick value chart and just saying "presto!"

But, in reality, it takes 2 teams to trade. Just because you like it, doesn't mean another team, or their GM does for that matter. And because its chicitysports, where Chicago's finest fans post their opinions, most posters don't understand that. So don't sweat the meatballs, let them be obliviously content with their bad ideas as it seldom will happen, and they'd just be angry if it did anyways.

And mods, can we do a sub-forum for the our special artists who love them some mock drafts? Please?

How about a coherent thought instead of word and thought salad?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets

Yes, the meatballs. They are everywhere

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hated when the Bears have traded down....every friggin time there was a player I was anxiously hoping would fall to them.....then said player does and is there for the taking and they f*ing trade back.

One epic trade down fail especially comes to mind......

The Bears took that No. 37 pick and traded it to the Chargers, who used it on safety Eric Weddle

The Bears got quite a haul of picks in return from the Chargers, four in all. They got the Chargers’ second-round pick, No. 62, third-rounder (No. 93) and fifth-rounder (No. 167) as well as San Diego’s third-round pick in 2008 (No. 90). Looks good, right? Those four picks, in order, turned into defensive end Dan Bazuin, running back Garrett Wolfe, safety Kevin Payne and defensive tackle Marcus Harrison. :turrible:

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I hated when the Bears have traded down....every friggin time there was a player I was anxiously hoping would fall to them.....then said player does and is there for the taking and they f*ing trade back.

One epic trade down fail especially comes to mind......

The Bears took that No. 37 pick and traded it to the Chargers, who used it on safety Eric Weddle

The Bears got quite a haul of picks in return from the Chargers, four in all. They got the Chargers’ second-round pick, No. 62, third-rounder (No. 93) and fifth-rounder (No. 167) as well as San Diego’s third-round pick in 2008 (No. 90). Looks good, right? Those four picks, in order, turned into defensive end Dan Bazuin, running back Garrett Wolfe, safety Kevin Payne and defensive tackle Marcus Harrison. :turrible:
Correct. More proof of Trade Down Clown Failure Syndrome

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Usually, when people create a joke there is a sense of irony. You have failed, try again

For those that will troll me later in this thread, you will have to use more brain cells than this moron

I used my brain cells by deleting two separate responses, both of which I knew you wouldn't understand.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
How about this trade down:

Team A receives: #2 overall pick
Team B receives: #6 overall pick, #39 overall pick, next year's #22 overall pick, two years from now #2 overall pick

Is this a bad trade down? Well, it happened. Who wouldn't do this trade? Make yourselves known.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
There is a shred of merit to not trading down in the NBA and NHL, where the talking heads usually proclaim the winner of the trade to be the team that got the best player.

The NFL is different, due to the size of rosters and numerous injuries - depth is critical. Overall consideration rules all NFL trades, regardless of moving up/down/laterally.

Mitchapalooza

How about this trade down:

Team A receives: #2 overall pick
Team B receives: #6 overall pick, #39 overall pick, next year's #22 overall pick, two years from now #2 overall pick

Is this a bad trade down? Well, it happened. Who wouldn't do this trade? Make yourselves known.

WR Corey Coleman

OT Shon Coleman

QB Cody Kessler

WR Ricardo Louis

S Derrick Kindred

WR Jordan Payton

OG/OT Spencer Drango

S Jabrill Peppers

QB DeShone Kizer

I'd rather have Wentz than all those players.

They still have the Eagles 2nd round pick from 2018 coming up and they used one of the picks to trade down for Houston's first rounder this year.

But even with those 2 picks coming up next month, I'd still rather have Wentz over that haul.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nick80

Liked Posts:
WR Corey Coleman

OT Shon Coleman

QB Cody Kessler

WR Ricardo Louis

S Derrick Kindred

WR Jordan Payton

OG/OT Spencer Drango

S Jabrill Peppers

QB DeShone Kizer

I'd rather have Wentz than all those players.

They still have the Eagles 2nd round pick from 2018 coming up and they used one of the picks to trade down for Houston's first rounder this year.

But even with those 2 picks coming up next month, I'd still rather have Wentz over that haul.

Wrong one.

Mitchapalooza

Wrong one.

oh, was that the RG3 one?

if so:

Michael Brockers
Janoris Jenkins
Isaiah Pead
Rokevious Watkins
Alec Ogletree
Stedman Bailey
Zac Stacy
Greg Robinson

lol I think everyone lost that trade.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
oh, was that the RG3 one?

if so:

Michael Brockers
Janoris Jenkins
Isaiah Pead
Rokevious Watkins
Alec Ogletree
Stedman Bailey
Zac Stacy
Greg Robinson

lol I think everyone lost that trade.

Picking the wrong guys doesn't negate the value. Not all GMs are going to pick the wrong players. The positional value of those picks is unreal.

Redskins receive: 2012 first-rounder (No. 2)
Rams receive: 2012 first-rounder (No. 6), 2012 second-round selection (No. 39), 2013 first-rounder (No. 22), 2014 first-rounder (No. 2)

Dropping 4 spots to get two firsts and a second (both high picks) is insane.

Who on this message board would not have done that trade down? This trade alone destroys the idea that trading down is for clowns or whatever that fucking idiot says.

/thread

Icemanx

Liked Posts:
Picking the wrong guys doesn't negate the value. Not all GMs are going to pick the wrong players. The positional value of those picks is unreal.

Rams receive: 2012 first-rounder (No. 6), 2012 second-round selection (No. 39), 2013 first-rounder (No. 22), 2014 first-rounder (No. 2)

Who on this message board would not have done that trade down? This trade alone destroys the idea that trading down is for clowns or whatever that fucking idiot says.

/thread

This^^

Mitchapalooza

/thread
We know you hate Ommy with a passion but you also know he's just getting reactions out of you. Why do you respond.