My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The "TRADE DOWN" is popular with fans that dont know much about the NFL. They think that with more picks that some of that shit will stick to the wall. It's a coward's strategy that doesnt trust their own scouting staffs to make a great pick

Its a fact that the higher you draft the better players you get, in the vast majority of the time. So, let's lose out on a better player in the hopes that 2 lesser players will be better? DUH

7561ad3b712fcf1e7630027953ca76c4.jpg

Last edited:

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
It's a fact that each trade/transaction can be won or lost regardless of position, whether trading up or down or laterally.

Only a simple minded fool would believe there is a unique disadvantage to trade down.

If you truly believe this gibberish and this not just an attention-whoring troll job, then please address the following:

1. link to empirical data supporting your assertion
2. explain why the Bears' strategy should not be to trade up in each and every round, since you assert that the party trading down always loses, so why not take advantage of your analytics?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Only a simple minded fool would believe there is a unique disadvantage to trade down.
Shit for brains, the "unique disadvantage" is that it's a fact that the odds are on your favor of getting a better player the higher you draft. That's why teams dont' trade all their picks to corner the 7th round. DUH.

Folks, see the kinds of morons I have to debate?

msadows

Liked Posts:
I say we trade up instead and include you as part of the package. You would do really well on the Jets message board. Then we could grab chubb.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I say we trade up instead and include you as part of the package. You would do really well on the Jets message board. Then we could grab chubb.
Usually, when people create a joke there is a sense of irony. You have failed, try again

For those that will troll me later in this thread, you will have to use more brain cells than this moron

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Shit for brains, the "unique disadvantage" is that it's a fact that the odds are on your favor of getting a better player the higher you draft. That's why teams dont' trade all their picks to corner the 7th round. DUH.

Shut the fuck up or answer these:

1. link to empirical data supporting your assertion
2. explain why the Bears' strategy should not be to trade up in each and every round, since you assert that the party trading down always loses, so why not take advantage of your analytics?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Usually, when people create a joke there is a sense of irony. You have failed, try again

For those that will troll me later in this thread, you will have to use more brain cells than this moron

Aren't you like 70 making insults towards people on a message board on a regular basis?

There is a difference between saying someone shitposts (which is what you do), and insulting their intelligence. If you are older than 16 I worry for you brother.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
and insulting their intelligence.
Intellence and you should never be used in the same sentence. If you want to troll me you need to up your game. Your insults need to have a modicum of humor. Just dont say lame shit. Work on it.

Collins77

Liked Posts:
Its all about the deal and who you have valued at where. To make such a broad assumption is foolish. Personally if Chubb isn't there at 8 which he more than likely won't, Id explore the chance to trade back. Especially with Buffalo for the firsts or just a few spots to gain an additional 2nd

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Its all about the deal and who you have valued at where. To make such a broad assumption is foolish. Personally if Chubb isn't there at 8 which he more than likely won't, Id explore the chance to trade back. Especially with Buffalo for the firsts or just a few spots to gain an additional 2nd
Nonsense. If a team with the 8th pick can only identify 1 player worthy of the 8th pick then that scouting department should be fired

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
O Ye of little faith should be the last person speaking of cowardice.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Intellence and you should never be used in the same sentence. If you want to troll me you need to up your game. Your insults need to have a modicum of humor. Just dont say lame shit. Work on it.

I'm not even trolling you brother, I come on here to have discussions about football. Usually I go on reddit to avoid childish arguing tho. You are just a shitposter and I call it how it is.

No use in namecalling and shit, I feel like im on the xbox forums half the time.

Reactions: DC

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:

Classic. The Village Idiot spouting nonsense that is plain to see is doubling down on an embarrassment of a theory and assertion.

Let me frame this in a way you may comprehend:

Team A has a triple cheeseburger. Team B has 2 double cheeseburgers. They trade 1 for 2.

Now, a triple cheeseburger has more value (i guess) than does a double cheeseburger, so Team A should not trade under your theory?

Or how about this: I will trade my $50 bill to you in exchange for three $20 bills, hmmmkay?

Consider this: maybe, just maybe, the greater indication of whom won a trade is the measure of total consideration?

Should i map this in crayola for you to grasp?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Classic. The Village Idiot spouting nonsense that is plain to see is doubling down on an embarrassment of a theory and assertion.

Let me frame this in a way you may comprehend:

Team A has a triple cheeseburger. Team B has 2 double cheeseburgers. They trade 1 for 2.

Now, a triple cheeseburger has more value (i guess) than does a double cheeseburger, so Team A should not trade under your theory?

Or how about this: I will trade my $50 bill to you in exchange for three $20 bills, hmmmkay?

Consider this: maybe, juts maybe, the greater indication of whom won a trade is the measure of total consideration?

Should i map this in crayola for you to grasp?
Comprehension is not your friendI would rather have 1 excellent triple cheeseburger than 2 average double cheeseburgers. Too easy to crush you

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Comprehension is not your friendI would rather have 1 excellent triple cheeseburger than 2 average double cheeseburgers. Too easy to crush you

You do end up with 4 beef patties instead of 3 in this trade down. I think you would have to reconsider.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
You do end up with 4 beef patties instead of 3 in this trade down. I think you would have to reconsider.
I think you need to reread the premise. I said I would rather have 1 excellent triple cheeseburger than 2 average double cheeseburgers. Pay attention

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why don't you try not being just a clown in general first. Then worry about others.