2nd guessing Trubisky & the "Deep Class of '19"

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Trubisky is a better prospect than any of these guys.

How about "was"? He was a much bigger question mark last year (and even so was rated pretty high after the Combine).

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ahh, complete thoughts spelled out helps. Trubisky for #1 & #4 this year? And we keep #8? Yes please. That would be like a kid in a candy store draft.

I bet you are one of the few that would go with that. It would be hard to pass up.........

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Ahh, complete thoughts spelled out helps. Trubisky for #1 & #4 this year? And we keep #8? Yes please. That would be like a kid in a candy store draft.

No freaking way. Trubisky is way better than any QB coming out in this years class. Go ahead and make that trade and you will end up with 3 #1 picks and still no freaking QB. Bears are in much better shape this year because they already have their QB, now it is all about filling in the pieces around him.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No freaking way. Trubisky is way better than any QB coming out in this years class. Go ahead and make that trade and you will end up with 3 #1 picks and still no freaking QB. Bears are in much better shape this year because they already have their QB, now it is all about filling in the pieces around him.

Did Trubisky have better stats/game tape then this years QB's? All of them?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

What would you do with the picks?

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
So Rosen really showed well at the combine. His throws were effortless, and the velocity and accuracy seemed to be NFL caliber.

I guess he will be the first QB taken, unless he does something stupid OR something that he has already done comes out (not saying there is anything).

But to the point, it would likely take a ton of draft capital to get to #1 from #8, so if you think that Trubs and Rosen are both starters, then yes the smart move was to grab Trubisky.

Trubisky does not appear to be a headcase, and Rosen does appear to be a party animal. If Trubisky was in this years Draft, I would take him over the others.

Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I bet you are one of the few that would go with that. It would be hard to pass up.........

I have little loyalty to players, always looking to upgrade. That offer sounds like we would at least get a wash on QB and could get an upgrade at 2 other impact spots.
I'd feel bad sending Trubisky to the Browns but I'd get over it.

What would you do with the picks?

After figuring out which QB (probably between Mayfield and Darnold) with #1, probably Barkley or Chubb #4. If I was Browns it would be easier, QB and Barkley because they got Garrett last year.
#8 would depend on who was still there. If Chubb at #4 I would be more willing to reach for a WR or trade down to get one after already having two first round picks. If it was Barkley at #4 that could satisfy my WR need and I would go defense at #8. WR or Oline 2nd round.

Sounds like some homerism going on. The difference is we're fairly sure Trubisky isn't a total bust, we don't know who will be a Leaf this year. Beyond that risk there should be a good QB come out of this year for whoever finds him. With the #1 pick if you don't get a QB this year that's on you.

Like I said in the OP, I think we're better off as it played out because we wouldn't be high enough to get our pick of QB this year. There is no way the Browns are going to offer #1 & #4 for Trubisky so there's no need to get too worked up over it.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't like any of these guys more than Trubs overall ( given a fresh look at them all, I may have liked another about as well but I'm not working that hard at something that doesn't matter.) and who would we have taken instead? Corey Davis, Jamal Adams, Mike Williams? I think we did just fine. Now if we were offered this years 1 and 4, it would be a lot more interesting but that wasn't happening.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
After the Bears finally pulled the trigger on a QB last year, I didn't pay as close attention to the college QBs this year as I had prior. I think Rosen will be good but I can't honestly say it's as good a class as last year, potential wise.

I don't think we drafted in the wrong year, but I do think we missed out on the best QB in the year we drafted.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So, if Cleveland offered you this years 1st and 4th picks (for Trubisky) in the first round, would you take it?

That would be a no brainer type of trade. You don't pass up 2 first round picks for a still unproven 2nd year QB in my opinion. Unless you believe that literally every QB in this draft is significantly worse than Trubisky.

Icemanx

Liked Posts:
That would be a no brainer type of trade. You don't pass up 2 first round picks for a still unproven 2nd year QB in my opinion. Unless you believe that literally every QB in this draft is significantly worse than Trubisky.

This^^

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After the Bears finally pulled the trigger on a QB last year, I didn't pay as close attention to the college QBs this year as I had prior. I think Rosen will be good but I can't honestly say it's as good a class as last year, potential wise.

I don't think we drafted in the wrong year, but I do think we missed out on the best QB in the year we drafted.
Is there a butthurt doctor in the house?

Speed

Liked Posts:
Did Trubisky have better stats/game tape then this years QB's? All of them?

I preferred his tape to everybody, except maybe Rosen. Darnold has an unreal amount of "almost" turnovers. I think like 13+ passes that could have been picked off. He could be sitting on a boatload of INT's. Allen is so night and day and also escapes the pocket way too much. His lineman could be reestablishing his position, but Allen is gone. I really like Rosen. That kid is COOL under pressure. Doesn't flinch, and he actually made his supporting cast better. He'd be the only one I'd think about, but I still like Mitch's athleticism + the accuracy combination over the more traditional pocket passer.

Icemanx

Liked Posts:
I preferred his tape to everybody, except maybe Rosen. Darnold has an unreal amount of "almost" turnovers. I think like 13+ passes that could have been picked off. He could be sitting on a boatload of INT's. Allen is so night and day and also escapes the pocket way too much. His lineman could be reestablishing his position, but Allen is gone. I really like Rosen. That kid is COOL under pressure. Doesn't flinch, and he actually made his supporting cast better. He'd be the only one I'd think about, but I still like Mitch's athleticism + the accuracy combination over the more traditional pocket passer.

Yeah I agree with you.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I agree with you with the caveat that Nagy is 100% sold on one of the kids in this class at number one.

The 4 and the 8 would go a long way to fill out the team.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Not doing bad on the QB end of things". I can't believe this describes the team I've been a fan of my whole life. The sky is the limit.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Reactions: Myk

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I don't disagree with you, but I wanted to see what others would have to say. already a few homers saying no way they make that trade.

Icemanx

Liked Posts:
I don't disagree with you, but I wanted to see what others would have to say. already a few homers saying no way they make that trade.

I would take that trade in a heartbeat.

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
As an avid reader of CCS I know the best year to take a QB is always [current year + 1].

I would send the Browns the 8th overall in exchange for their 1st overall next year. This year I would take offensive and defensive linemen (who never bust unlike risky quarterbacks) and maybe a box safety or two down linebacker.

I might consider taking a flier on a developmental QB on day 3, because Tom Brady was a day 3 quarterback.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As an avid reader of CCS I know the best year to take a QB is always [current year + 1].

I would send the Browns the 8th overall in exchange for their 1st overall next year. This year I would take offensive and defensive linemen (who never bust unlike risky quarterbacks) and maybe a box safety or two down linebacker.

I might consider taking a flier on a developmental QB on day 3, because Tom Brady was a day 3 quarterback.

A few of the certain things in this world, Death, taxes, and the Browns picking in the top 8?