2nd guessing Trubisky & the "Deep Class of '19"

msadows

Liked Posts:
I don't disagree with you, but I wanted to see what others would have to say. already a few homers saying no way they make that trade.

I dont make that trade.

One thing you cant teach is leadership. Mitch has it in strides. He was the obvious vocal leader of that huddle from the moment he went into the game vs. the vikings.

Can one of these 4-5 QB's be better than mitch? Yea, theres a chance, but I love what mitch has shown this year.

You also have to factor in you are getting rid of a #2 picking for a #1 and a #4. Essentially, you are trading mitch for a #3 pick.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I dont make that trade.

One thing you cant teach is leadership. Mitch has it in strides. He was the obvious vocal leader of that huddle from the moment he went into the game vs. the vikings.

Can one of these 4-5 QB's be better than mitch? Yea, theres a chance, but I love what mitch has shown this year.

You also have to factor in you are getting rid of a #2 picking for a #1 and a #4. Essentially, you are trading mitch for a #3 pick.

Err, no. Essentially you are trading Mitch for the QB of your choice in this years draft plus a number 4........nice try though.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Err, no. Essentially you are trading Mitch for the QB of your choice in this years draft plus a number 4........nice try though.

You traded up to get mitch at #2. Thats essentially trading the #2 pick for the #1 and #4 pick.

Your net gain is one pick. That pick would be valued #3 overall. Factoring in what we traded for mitch, it would be even less than that value.

If mitch were in this draft he would be the consensus #1 pick had he had the season he had his final year in college again. Mitches only real negative in college was lack of experience.

msadows

Liked Posts:
And no, i don't think any QB in this draft is better than mitch. Thats not homer talk either. I was in love with mitch before the bears drafted him. Everyone was high on allen or adams, I loved mitch.

You cant learn accuracy, and he is extremely accurate when his feet are set, and hes got aaron rodgeresque accuracy on the run. He will be a stud, its just a matter of time.

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Talent-wise, I still like Mitch and Watson over any of these turnover machines.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You traded up to get mitch at #2. Thats essentially trading the #2 pick for the #1 and #4 pick.

Your net gain is one pick. That pick would be valued #3 overall. Factoring in what we traded for mitch, it would be even less than that value.

If mitch were in this draft he would be the consensus #1 pick had he had the season he had his final year in college again. Mitches only real negative in college was lack of experience.

Ahh, no. Would he be the "consensus" number one? No.

Rosen + Barkely (or insert Chubb. etc) > Mitch

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And no, i don't think any QB in this draft is better than mitch. Thats not homer talk either. I was in love with mitch before the bears drafted him. Everyone was high on allen or adams, I loved mitch.

You cant learn accuracy, and he is extremely accurate when his feet are set, and hes got aaron rodgeresque accuracy on the run. He will be a stud, its just a matter of time.

Mitch wouldn't even be the consensus #1 pick in a draft do-over of the 2016-17 class, Watson would.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't disagree with you, but I wanted to see what others would have to say. already a few homers saying no way they make that trade.

Yeah some people can't see past the Kool Aid. I would trade Watson, Mariotta, Winston, Wentz and pretty much every young QB you can think of for a chance at 3 top 10 draft picks.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
"Not doing bad on the QB end of things". I can't believe this describes the team I've been a fan of my whole life. The sky is the limit.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Odd how it works. Draft a top QB and you end up getting a QB out of it. Trade for someone else's failed top QB and it doesn't work. Pick up failed QBs off the scrap heap and it doesn't work. I can't believe Bear fans were defending how the Bears worked the QB position.

#2 for #1 & #4 is a backwards value. If you want to break it down to picks 1 & 4 is 3588, 2 is 1823.
But it's not picks for picks. It's a somewhat known player for unknown players of your choice. I don't think Trubisky showed anything to be worth that kind of offer, or better put, I don't think the Bears had enough to show with Trubisky to get that kind of offer.

I also don't think any team would make the offer because they would have faith in their ability to pick someone out of the 2019 class that had just as much potential.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now, in retrospect, at this point, I'm glad things unfolded the way they did.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Yeah some people can't see past the Kool Aid. I would trade Watson, Mariotta, Winston, Wentz and pretty much every young QB you can think of for a chance at 3 top 10 draft picks.

I would trade 3 top 10 picks for a franchise QB. You my friend sound like a Browns fan. They have had all kinda multiple top picks over the last 20 years. It's not a matter of how many picks but picking the right guys. We picked the right friggin guy finally and there is no FKN way I would trade that for 3 unknowns. If that makes me a homer then you don't understand what a homer is.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Now, in retrospect, at this point, I'm glad things unfolded the way they did.

Things are falling our way lately. I think we got the right QB and the right staff and a team no more then 2 years away.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I would trade 3 top 10 picks for a franchise QB. You my friend sound like a Browns fan. They have had all kinda multiple top picks over the last 20 years. It's not a matter of how many picks but picking the right guys. We picked the right friggin guy finally and there is no FKN way I would trade that for 3 unknowns. If that makes me a homer then you don't understand what a homer is.

No you think we picked the right guy but you don't actually know that for a fact. I take the extra pick and pick another right guy because there is usually more than one right guy.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
No you think we picked the right guy but you don't actually know that for a fact. I take the extra pick and pick another right guy because there is usually more than one right guy.

Sounds like Cleveland is going to a SB soon huh.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Odd how it works. Draft a top QB and you end up getting a QB out of it. Trade for someone else's failed top QB and it doesn't work. Pick up failed QBs off the scrap heap and it doesn't work. I can't believe Bear fans were defending how the Bears worked the QB position.

#2 for #1 & #4 is a backwards value. If you want to break it down to picks 1 & 4 is 3588, 2 is 1823.
But it's not picks for picks. It's a somewhat known player for unknown players of your choice. I don't think Trubisky showed anything to be worth that kind of offer, or better put, I don't think the Bears had enough to show with Trubisky to get that kind of offer.

I also don't think any team would make the offer because they would have faith in their ability to pick someone out of the 2019 class that had just as much potential.

It's a hypothetical question, I don't think anyone would either, but since the topic of the thread is purely hypothetical to begin with, I felt it fair to ask.