2nd guessing Trubisky & the "Deep Class of '19"

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would trade 3 top 10 picks for a franchise QB. You my friend sound like a Browns fan. They have had all kinda multiple top picks over the last 20 years. It's not a matter of how many picks but picking the right guys. We picked the right friggin guy finally and there is no FKN way I would trade that for 3 unknowns. If that makes me a homer then you don't understand what a homer is.

Mitch has the potential to be a Franchise QB. Labeling him that at this moment is the pure definition of Homerism. In fact, had the Bears not chosen MT, based on his stats, many or the same people on the board singing his praises would be saying how glad the Bears didn't draft him.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah some people can't see past the Kool Aid. I would trade Watson, Mariotta, Winston, Wentz and pretty much every young QB you can think of for a chance at 3 top 10 draft picks.

Well, to be fair, it was MT for Cleveland's #1 and #4, we already had the #8.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
It's a hypothetical question, I don't think anyone would either, but since the topic of the thread is purely hypothetical to begin with, I felt it fair to ask.

I'm OK with it.
Trading the pick of QBs from 2017 would be the only possible way we would be drafting high enough to get the pick of QBs in 2018. (Just noticed I titled this 2019, yes, it's a great QB class in 2019.)

Mitch has the potential to be a Franchise QB. Labeling him that at this moment is the pure definition of Homerism. In fact, had the Bears not chosen MT, based on his stats, many or the same people on the board singing his praises would be saying how glad the Bears didn't draft him.

After a year of Glennon and still only getting the #3 spot out of it there would be mass suicides.

I could see some worry about the unknown of drafting a QB but it would be the #1 pick and the #4 to make up for it. If the Browns get a QB #1 this year and he busts they need to sell the team and move it to Youngstown, they're cursed. If the Browns don't get a QB #1 this year the GM should probably be fired.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Mitch wouldn't even be the consensus #1 pick in a draft do-over of the 2016-17 class, Watson would.

dude, we arent talking about last years nfl stats. I'm saying if mitch decided to stay for his senior year(which a lot of analysts assumed he should) and put up similar stats, he would be the consensus #1 overall pick.

msadows

Liked Posts:
QB1: 283/452 62.6% completion, 3756 yards, 26TDs, 10Ints 147 QB Rating
QB2: 303/480 63.1% completion, 4143 yards, 26TDS, 13 INTS, 148.1 QB Rating
QB3: 304/447 68.0% completion, 3748 yards, 30TDS, 6INTS, 157.9 QB Rating

You tell me who you pick with #1.

Mitch was a stellar college QB. His major knock was lack of experience and playing from the shotgun the majority of the time. He is also the best athlete of the bunch.

Want to know whats great? NC played a very heavy RPO system. This offense should be ideal for mitches skill set. In no way do I trade him for two unknowns.

We are actually lucky the guy played 13 games in college, if he had more experience under his belt we would have had zero shot at him.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Being an Arizona alum who keeps up with his team big-time and therefore watches a TON of PAC 12 football, I see absolutely nothing remarkable about Rosen or Darnold. I have no idea why someone would draft them, let alone in the first round.

As far as Allen, dude’s like Christian Hackenberg, but with worse stats somehow while playing in a worse conference.

Jackson and Mayfield—Who knows? I’ll leave other people to judge them, but it wouldn’t surprise me to see them be the most successful out of this draft class, considering the other options are butt.

Thems the facts.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
QB1: 283/452 62.6% completion, 3756 yards, 26TDs, 10Ints 147 QB Rating
QB2: 303/480 63.1% completion, 4143 yards, 26TDS, 13 INTS, 148.1 QB Rating
QB3: 304/447 68.0% completion, 3748 yards, 30TDS, 6INTS, 157.9 QB Rating

You tell me who you pick with #1.

Mitch was a stellar college QB. His major knock was lack of experience and playing from the shotgun the majority of the time. He is also the best athlete of the bunch.

Want to know whats great? NC played a very heavy RPO system. This offense should be ideal for mitches skill set. In no way do I trade him for two unknowns.

We are actually lucky the guy played 13 games in college, if he had more experience under his belt we would have had zero shot at him.

This assumes Trubisky would have played just as well in those other games. That is not a given as many QBs stats decline as teams have more tape on them. We saw that with a lot of the QBs last year and the ones coming out this year.

msadows

Liked Posts:
This assumes Trubisky would have played just as well in those other games. That is not a given as many QBs stats decline as teams have more tape on them. We saw that with a lot of the QBs last year and the ones coming out this year.

Im pretty sure if he had that season this year and came out as a 13 game starter he would still be the #1 pick. His last couple minutes versus stanford pretty much solidified his draft position, he came out losing but his stock came out winning.

There is no myles garrett in this draft, otherwise mitch would have gone #1 last year to the browns. They loved him.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
So Rosen really showed well at the combine. His throws were effortless, and the velocity and accuracy seemed to be NFL caliber.

I guess he will be the first QB taken, unless he does something stupid OR something that he has already done comes out (not saying there is anything).

But to the point, it would likely take a ton of draft capital to get to #1 from #8, so if you think that Trubs and Rosen are both starters, then yes the smart move was to grab Trubisky.

Trubisky does not appear to be a headcase, and Rosen does appear to be a party animal. If Trubisky was in this years Draft, I would take him over the others.

I really like Rosen's skills, Idk how hell turn out but people certainly shouldn't sleep on him.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Yeah some people can't see past the Kool Aid. I would trade Watson, Mariotta, Winston, Wentz and pretty much every young QB you can think of for a chance at 3 top 10 draft picks.

....You would trade Wentz for 3 top 10 picks....why?

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
Unless you are certain the Trubisky is NOT the answer, there is no way you would trade him for the 1 and the 4 in this draft. This draft has no clear cut franchise QB. I happen to think Mayfield is the guy to have in this bunch and I think Mason Rudolph will ultimately be the 2nd best. Even if you got Mayfield and something else nice at 4, and kept your 8. the notion is absurd! If you think you have a franchise QB, you keep your franchise QB. They are so hard to identify and obtain. KC wouldn't make that deal, Houston wouldn't make that deal. Chicago wouldn't make this deal. Whatever you think of Trubisky, he's the guy you went up and got, he improved as the season went on...the upside of Trubisky is greater than the unknown of the draft picks at the most important position in team sports.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Unless you are certain the Trubisky is NOT the answer, there is no way you would trade him for the 1 and the 4 in this draft. This draft has no clear cut franchise QB. I happen to think Mayfield is the guy to have in this bunch and I think Mason Rudolph will ultimately be the 2nd best. Even if you got Mayfield and something else nice at 4, and kept your 8. the notion is absurd! If you think you have a franchise QB, you keep your franchise QB. They are so hard to identify and obtain. KC wouldn't make that deal, Houston wouldn't make that deal. Chicago wouldn't make this deal. Whatever you think of Trubisky, he's the guy you went up and got, he improved as the season went on...the upside of Trubisky is greater than the unknown of the draft picks at the most important position in team sports.

Kansas City Star definitely wouldn't---They've got Mahomes listed as their #1 quarterback from the 2017 and 2018 draft classes combined.

1) Mahomes
2) Mayfield
3) Watson
4) Darnold
5) Rosen
6) Allen
7) Trubisky
8) Jackson
9) Kizer

Seems legit....

Zerovoltz

Liked Posts:
I can understand your skepticism, the Star being the hometown paper and all.....you'll be in agreement with his spot at the top by about week 4 this season.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Trade Trubisky for Lamar Jackson.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
Rosen is a tool. Mayfield will probably end up being the best qb out of this class. Im glad we have Trubisky

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk