Tremaine Edmunds; 6-5 253lb, 4.54 speed.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I didn't realize this when I started the thread but Edmunds is the #3 graded player in the draft. He may not make it past 7.

Only 5 prospects with a grade above 7.0 and here they are:

BARKLEY, SAQUON 7.4
NELSON, QUENTON 7.4
EDMUNDS, TREMAINE 7.2
CHUBB, BRADLEY 7.2
DARNOLD, SAM 7.1

Well, there were originally 6 quarterbacks worthy of being chosen in the top 10, so hopefully there will be a bigger run on them and more than 2 will go before we pick. I am guessing the best QB this year comes out late in the first round.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
saw a latest mock on espn this morning, they had us taking ward and the 49ers (after us this time) taking Edwards.

I could see us going DB in rd 1 and then OLB in rd 2. There could still be a couple really good pass rushers available in the 2nd...

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Brett Kollmann's breakdown of Edmunds is up.

https://youtu.be/4oTjfbxn3Ng

That is a GREAT breakdown of him, and shows all the concerns we should have drafting him.

There's no doubt Edmunds is an elite athlete. The trick is going to be figuring out if he can develop the mental side of the game or not. In the NFL. you can't rely on athletic ability alone. It will end up being a HUGE liability in the long run if he can't develop the mental aspects of the game.

He is a true boom/bust prospect. I don't think he's worth the risk at all in the first 2 rounds because of that. Pace/Nagy/Fangio need to be 100% sure he can develop into a complete LB if they take the risk...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
That is a GREAT breakdown of him, and shows all the concerns we should have drafting him.

There's no doubt Edmunds is an elite athlete. The trick is going to be figuring out if he can develop the mental side of the game or not. In the NFL. you can't rely on athletic ability alone. It will end up being a HUGE liability in the long run if he can't develop the mental aspects of the game.

He is a true boom/bust prospect. I don't think he's worth the risk at all in the first 2 rounds because of that. Pace/Nagy/Fangio need to be 100% sure he can develop into a complete LB if they take the risk...

He's only 19. I think he'll be able to figure it out.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Thanks for the posting that video. It would certainly be a tough decision if you had an NFL ready player like Nelson or Fitzpatrick available at #8.

If I were making the call, I would really look at the pass rushing skills. If you have a freak athlete that can rush the passer at an elite level, its hard to pass that talent up.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
The most important trait of an ILB is his instincts, Edmunds has terrible instincts and I saw that before watching the video above. This kid is a HUGE gamble and is he really even needed in Fangio’s defense?

He isnt Patrick Willis or Navarro Bowman. He is a (positional) tweener that MIGHT develop into a superstar unlike any other in league but is more likely to be Barkevious Mingo.

This team and PACE cant afford that risky of a pick.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The most important trait of an ILB is his instincts, Edmunds has terrible instincts and I saw that before watching the video above. This kid is a HUGE gamble and is he really even needed in Fangio’s defense?

He isnt Patrick Willis or Navarro Bowman. He is a tweener that MIGHT develop into a superstar unlike any other in league but is more likely to be Barkevious Mingo.

6' 5" and 253 and he's a tweener? He's at least an ILB.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

He isnt Patrick Willis or Navarro Bowman. He is a tweener that MIGHT develop into a superstar unlike any other in league but is more likely to be Barkevious Mingo.

trrfd.gif

Visionman

Liked Posts:

Don't agree with the tweeter part, but definitely about the instincts. Watching the tape, he doesn't appear to have any. Just relies on his athletic ability. And that's the kiss of death for a LB unless he grows a LOT in this area...

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah I don't see how he is a tweener at all. Say what you will about bad instincts and how raw of a prospect he is but tweener is not the right word for that size at linebacker at all.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Tweener as far as ILB/ 3-4 OLB... Position not size. If Floyd has enough size so does Edmunds.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
He also didnt do the vertical jump at the combine which is a red flag unless he was injured. Usually guys are coached not to do the events that will hurt their draft stock so if he has only a 30” vertical they dont want that getting out.

VJ is an indicator of pass rush ability because of the explosion generated....

L. Floyd 39.5”
Myles Garret 41”
Vic Beasley 41”
Khalil Mack 40”
Bryan Orakpo 39.5”
Clowney 37.5”
Von Miller 37”
JJ Watt 37”
Clay Matthews 35.5”

Liked Posts:
If I draft Edmunds, Im making it easy for him an playing him as OLB. Go get the QB an hold the edge. Start Kwi at middle LB.

Edmunds an Floyd chasing down QBs could be scary.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I think it's concerning that a player that big and athletic wasn't asked to rush the passer. Can he just not do it? Every year in college there are numerous undersized players across the country that rush the passer. Why wasn't Edmunds asked to do the same? That's a red flag to me. Just because he's big and athletic doesn't mean he can be coached to rush the passer. Get a guy that at least already has a decent pass rushing foundation if you're gonna draft a pass rusher in the top 10.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Don't agree with the tweeter part, but definitely about the instincts. Watching the tape, he doesn't appear to have any. Just relies on his athletic ability. And that's the kiss of death for a LB unless he grows a LOT in this area...
I remember something Urlacher said about his rookie year, saying he did not know what the hell he was doing, just using his athletic ability to run to the ball. Edmunds would be doing the same thing, probably starting out in Vic's sub packages.