Tremaine Edmunds; 6-5 253lb, 4.54 speed.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I really dont mind if this guy sticks at ILB, its still an area of need. It will hurt if I see what I saw when Shea was drafted and they had him listed as a DE.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's my worry with Edmunds. Doesn't anyone else remember Amobi Okoye?

Another "can't miss" athletic freak 19 year old, but who never developed to his presumed elite potential.

He had decent NFL career, but nothing deserving of his 10th overall draft position.

Kids that young are a huge risk and I don't know that Pace is willing to take that kind of chance after White and and Floyd missing so many games.

Mobi is one smart cookie. He graduated early if I'm not mistaken... Mobi's grey matter may have gotten in the way of the "grunt" work one must do to get those 10,000 reps of hundreds of things in .... but I get ur point about 19 y.o.(s)

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No doubt that mocks had us going elsewhere but the point was many of those also had Mitch going high. I remember that you strongly disagreed with a few QBs in the top 1/2 of one last year.

As for Edmunds, I don't think the false step thing is a big issue, can get coached out and will be less important on the edge where i suspect we put him. I just don't see a 3/4 team taking an ILB that high. If he's viewed an ILB then we'd look at Davenport 1st.

Well, if the Bears draft him, that’s where he will play. I have not seen 1 play in his entire 2017 tape where Edmunds took on an OT 1 on 1 and beat him for a sack or even just a hurry. Not one. The edge projections on Edmunds are solely based on length and nothing else. There is absolutely no evidence in his tape that shows he can actually get past an OT off the edge 1 on 1.

Further, he’s a guy that already struggles getting off blocks in the open field, so now you wanna have him try to beat OT’s. You’d be taking away his 2 biggest attributes, coverage and pursuit, and putting him in a situation where he has shown to struggle.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'm saying out of ALL our possible choices at #8, he has the highest risk...as far as we fans can know, anyway.

Yes, perhaps that's true...but other than maybe Nelson all the other guys come with some risk too. Pace hasn't played it safe in the 1st though...he goes for high level athletes that involve a high level of projection. White was a project before he ever got injured. Leonard Floyd was a project in that he had to put on 10-15 lbs on his small frame, and wasn't a pure pass rusher in college. Trubisky was a HUGE risk because of his lack of experiene. Pace projected all those guys and really none of them were safe. Although, White was widely considered BPA at the time. If Pace and Company like Edmunds character and make up, Pace will draft him and not think twice about it.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:

Another "can't miss" athletic freak 19 year old, but who never developed to his presumed elite potential.

He had decent NFL career, but nothing deserving of his 10th overall draft position.

Kids that young are a huge risk and I don't know that Pace is willing to take that kind of chance after White and and Floyd missing so many games.

Do you remember how he came from another country and didnt know shit about football.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Just because one kid, one time, busted once in a draft doesn't prove shit. Now if you want to provide me with a list of 20-30 other 19 year olds that have busted in the NFL then please let me know and I will consider it more seriously.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
If the draft falls like this, who is the pick?

Browns - Barkley
Giants - Darnold
Colts - Chubb
Browns - Mayfield
Broncos - Allen
Jets - Rosen
TB - Ward (CB and Edge are huge needs)
Bears -

Nelson!! When you hear that an inside linebacker only have average-at-best instincts, that's a huge red flag to me.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Well, if the Bears draft him, that’s where he will play. I have not seen 1 play in his entire 2017 tape where Edmunds took on an OT 1 on 1 and beat him for a sack or even just a hurry. Not one. The edge projections on Edmunds are solely based on length and nothing else. There is absolutely no evidence in his tape that shows he can actually get past an OT off the edge 1 on 1.

Further, he’s a guy that already struggles getting off blocks in the open field, so now you wanna have him try to beat OT’s. You’d be taking away his 2 biggest attributes, coverage and pursuit, and putting him in a situation where he has shown to struggle.
Why can't he ? Sam acho has never shown me he can rush the passer and we keep re fucking signing the guy. edmunds is good for a couple of sacks just by his athleticism alone let fangio scheme him in on a few plays and you'll get enough sacks from him.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Pace drafts him, I'll be ok with it, but that's not who I would draft at 8. I don't draft ILBs that high. He's no pass rusher. If I'm drafting linebackers that early, he better be able to get to the QB and this guy doesn't get to the QB at all.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
What I want to know is what's so wrong with letting him blitz on occasion from the ILB spot? He has the skills and athleticism to be a QB spy and cover a TE, so throwing him as a blitzer from inside is a curve ball that could cause an OL headaches.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Just because one kid, one time, busted once in a draft doesn't prove shit. Now if you want to provide me with a list of 20-30 other 19 year olds that have busted in the NFL then please let me know and I will consider it more seriously.

I have a life, so I'm not the one to go dig up names for you, but all you have to do is lookup top 10 draft nusts on Google. Guarantee you will find a LOT of guys who were drafted for their elite athletic ability, nut never were able to develop the technical skills, work ethic, or mental part of the game also needed to succeed.

You can be elite in college relying on pure athletic ability. But not in the NFL, because everyone has ability there.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I have a life, so I'm not the one to go dig up names for you, but all you have to do is lookup top 10 draft nusts on Google. Guarantee you will find a LOT of guys who were drafted for their elite athletic ability, nut never were able to develop the technical skills, work ethic, or mental part of the game also needed to succeed.

You can be elite in college relying on pure athletic ability. But not in the NFL, because everyone has ability there.

His point was that kids that young are a huge risk. Thats what I replied too. His age doesn't mean shit.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
edmunds age would make a difference if he were raw due to not playing football early but thats not the case. edmunds can be the next great LB or he can be the next aaron curry.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People are really starting to go through Edmunds’ tape and are knocking him hard. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Roquan Smith was drafted ahead of him.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
People are really starting to go through Edmunds’ tape and are knocking him hard. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Roquan Smith was drafted ahead of him.

O966a.gif

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
He is going to be very much a hit or miss prospect. I could totally understand why a team would pick Roquan over him. You have to believe that his instincts will improve and his ability to read the game develops.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
He is going to be very much a hit or miss prospect. I could totally understand why a team would pick Roquan over him. You have to believe that his instincts will improve and his ability to read the game develops.
Agreed. Personally I say swing for the fences.

Wasn't a huge football fan when Urlacher was in the draft but I'm pretty sure I've seen some old scouting reports before that questioned his instincts coming out of the draft.

All comes down to how hard the guy wants to work and if they think he has the ability to learn it in the first place.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That would be a good reason not to take him at 8 if you run a 3/4. He is a SAM in the 3/4 and will be inside in certain alignments. For us he would draw attention and allow Floyd more one on ones. That said, I could see him as a rover type backer with a lot of versatility, lining up anywhere from end to MLB. I just don't think we take him if we don't think he can he can draw some attention across from Floyd. I have no issue with or negatives about him as a Mike. I just don't think that''s enough on it's own to make him the #8 pick for a 3/4. That said, if he eventually ended up only there and played it well, it certainly wouldn't be a wasted pick.