Tremaine Edmunds; 6-5 253lb, 4.54 speed.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
8 overall may be early for him as he is an extremely raw player, but the Bears would have an extremely interesting and versatile LB corps if he became a Bear. He is shooting up draft boards after the combine.

-Son of 2 time pro bowl TE Ferrell Edmunds
-6-5, 253 lbs, and he is only 19 years old
-Absolute freak athlete
-30 tackles for loss and 10 sacks over his last 2 seasons

-He can cover receivers, can rush the passer and is strong inside the box. Truly a do it all player. Has ability to add more weight and muscle to his frame.

"Good luck with your player comp on this one. They don't come like him. I don't think there has ever been a linebacker that has had his size and speed. You're better off comping him with a basketball player." -- NFC regional scout

Icemanx

Liked Posts:
I think he will make a great addition to whatever team gets him, I just do not think it will be the Bears unfortunately.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
I’m know it’s unlikely. But hear me out.

Luck needs protection, Browns need a QB and could use a RB. Multiple other teams could trade up. Including us jumping up to 6.

Just saying... if trades happen and Indy trades out to 10 so a team can take a QB it could set something off that allows Chubb to slip to 6.

Icemanx

Liked Posts:
I’m know it’s unlikely. But hear me out.

Luck needs protection, Browns need a QB and could use a RB. Multiple other teams could trade up. Including us jumping up to 6.

Just saying... if trades happen and Indy trades out to 10 so a team can take a QB it could set something off that allows Chubb to slip to 6.

Jumping up to 6 is not gonna be easy, would require next years picks and that would hurt our future, but Chubb would be worth it tho.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Edmunds seems to fit in to what Pace likes to do in the first. The upside is huge with him but obviously a risk. I can see him being the pick at 8.

Icemanx

Liked Posts:
Edmunds seems to fit in to what Pace likes to do in the first. The upside is huge with him but obviously a risk. I can see him being the pick at 8.

Yeah Pace loves drafting players like Edmunds. I am hoping we get him as we can get a great receiver in round 2 and FA of course.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Edmunds just might be the most athletic player in the draft. A Pace kind of first rounder.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It would be nice to get a consensus blue chip player one of these drafts. We always seem to be drafting just a tad out of range. Last year being the exception.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yeah this has Pace written all over it. He goes for high upside athleticism in the first hoping for a home run, and then looks for solid guys with high floors with his next pick (except for Shaheen I guess).

Icemanx

Liked Posts:
Yeah this has Pace written all over it. He goes for high upside athleticism in the first hoping for a home run, and then looks for solid guys with high floors with his next pick (except for Shaheen I guess).

Yeah he does.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
-6-5, 253 lbs, and he is only 19 years old

giphy-downsized-large.gif

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Yeah he does.

and honestly, I am 100% okay with that. Swinging for the fences when you have the largest talent pool to choose from is a legitimate strategy. It's not like a guy like Edmunds will be waiting around in the second round (or Trubisky, or Floyd for that matter).

He has hit enough with later round picks that I am fine with him rolling the dice on high ceiling guys in the first round, as long as they are good character and hard working young men.

Icemanx

Liked Posts:
and honestly, I am 100% okay with that. Swinging for the fences when you have the largest talent pool to choose from is a legitimate strategy. It's not like a guy like Edmunds will be waiting around in the second round (or Trubisky, or Floyd for that matter).

He has hit enough with later round picks that I am fine with him rolling the dice on high ceiling guys in the first round, as long as they are good character and hard working young men.

Yeah I completely agree with you there.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
I guess I’m the only one but I don’t like Edmunds at #8. He plays like an ILB to me despite his height. I dont see him as an OLB/Edge rusher any more than I saw Urlacher as one.

He’s only 20 so I get that excitement but if its a pick between Edmunds and say Nelson, I’m more in camp Nelson because I feel he’s more of sure thing and would provide bigger improvement to the team.