Kizer to the Packers

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
To me, this is a better deal for Cle. Cle gets a CB who can play right now and would be a solid #3 CB who can start in a pinch. I'd be happy with Randall over Cooper as our #3. Kizer is a long ways from being serviceable if he even becomes serviceable. If Rodgers goes down again, GB is still in a world of hurt at QB, except for any game against us. We made Hundley look all-pro.
Most every team is in a world of hurt in their star QB goes down. Having Foles-like production out of a backup is an extreme exception.

Washington

Liked Posts:
Most every team is in a world of hurt in their star QB goes down. Having Foles-like production out of a backup is an extreme exception.

I don't disagree with you but Kizer? The talk in the Milw news this whole off season was that GB was looking for a solid #2 "just in case" and I personally don't see Kizer as that guy. I love that GB made this trade. I think it was a dumb one for them.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I don't disagree with you but Kizer? The talk in the Milw news this whole off season was that GB was looking for a solid #2 "just in case" and I personally don't see Kizer as that guy. I love that GB made this trade. I think it was a dumb one for them.

As long as Rodgers stays healthy for 2 years, this is a best case scenario for Kizer. Didn't want the Bears to draft him because he needs 3 or 4 years to develop

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Does this mean we could get Hundley as a backup?

pfcmsh

Liked Posts:
Rogers could have trouble recovering. Recent moves in QB coach, cutting Jordy Nelson doesnt show a lot of respect for Rogers. 13 screws in his passing arm side collarbone!!! Maybe he isn't going to fully recover.

cobra302

Liked Posts:
As a ND fan myself, I'd have thought Kizer would do a lot better than he did. Brian Kelly was right: Kizer went pro too early, should've stayed at ND another year. And even that may not have been enough. Ordinarily, I'd pull for him to do well wherever he ends up, but no can do with him being in Green Bay.

Joe Montana & Joe Theismann excepted, ND quarterbacks don't seem to flourish in the NFL.