cody-parkeymatt-haack-6a3c1111af28c24b.jpg

OT/O Earl Watford [Arizona]

WatfordStoryMAIN.jpg

WR Bennie Folwer [Denver] 1 year

ron-parkerbennie-fowler-e48cfb14376cf784.jpg

Draft

1[8] LB Roquan Smith [Georgia] 6'1" 236lbs, 4.51 [40]

RoquanSmithUGa.jpg

2[39] C James Daniels [Iowa] 6'3" 306lbs, 34" arms, 21 reps, 30.5 vert, 9' broad

james-daniels.jpg

*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 4[105] and 2[2019] to the New England Patriots for 2[51]

2[51] WR Anthony Miller [Memphis] 5'11" 200lbs, 4.52 [40], 22 reps, 39" vert

6_7889599.jpg

4[115] LB Joel Iyiegbuniwe [Western Kentucky] 6'1" 229lbs, 4.6 [40], 19 reps, 35" vert, 9'9" broad

joeliyiegbuniwe.jpg

5[145] DT Bilal Nichols [Delaware] 6'4" 306lbs, 33.5" arms, 4.95 [40], 29 reps

IFXCFWSCEITTKBU.20170917011821.jpg

6[181] OLB Kylie Fitts [Utah] 6'4" 263lbs, 33" arms, 4.69 [40], 31 reps, 32.5" vert, 9'9" broad, 6.88 3 cone

6_8346477.jpg

7[224] WR Javon Wims [Georgia] 6'3" 215lbs, 4.53 [40], 33.5" vert, 9'5" broad

JavonWimsGeorgia.jpg

Depth Chart

QB: Trubisky, Daniel, Bray
RB: Howard, Cohen, Cunningham, Mizzell
WR: Robinson, Miller, Gabriel, Fowler White, Gentry, Bellamy, Wims
TE: Burton, Shaheen, Sims
LT: Leno, Sowell
LG: Daniels, Morgan
C: Whitehaiir, Grasu
RG: Long, Kush
RT: Massie, Watford

RE: Bullard, RRH
NT: Goldman, Jenkins
LE: Hicks, Nichols
OLB: Floyd, Acho
ILB: Trevathan, Iggy
ILB: Smith, Kwiatkoski, Timu
OLB: Lynch, Fitts, Irving
CB: Fuller, Amukamara, Callahan, Cooper, Leblanc, McManis
FS: Jackson, Hall
SS: Amos, Bush

K: Parkey
P:O'Donnell
LS: Scales

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Couldn't find the other thread

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Love the offensive signings.

Now lets address the defense.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
[video=youtube_share;N5Ne7qiIbHg]https://youtu.be/N5Ne7qiIbHg[/video]

redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Good work for Pace, so far. This gets me excited for the draft, I would be happy with Edmunds, Nelson, Fitzpatrick or Ward. More than likely 2 of those guys will be available at 8. Not to mention getting Cam back is like a new piece for Trubs.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
you forgot to include Sowell on your depth chart. Grasu's name makes me vomit (worst lineman to ever play for the Bears).

Washington

Liked Posts:
It means that if the player goes to another team, the Bears will get a pick equal to where that player was originally drafted. Cam was an UDFA so the Bears would get nothing for him.

But they get the rights to match the offer.

Thanks for managing this thread Windy! It will be a quick reference point.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
add in gabriel

Bears agreed to terms with WR Taylor Gabriel, formerly of the Falcons, on a four-year contract.

Gabriel broke the news himself via friend and former NFL receiver Andrew Hawkins. A critical part of the Falcons' explosive 2016 attack, Gabriel took a step back along with the rest of the offense last season, but is still only 27. He's a big play waiting to happen, and a nice piece for a receiver corps that's being rebuilt from scratch. New coach Matt Nagy has experience scheming for similar talents.

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
AWW man, I wish i knew about this thread 2 hours ago when i was looking up all these guys on madden. :smug2:

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
It means that if the player goes to another team, the Bears will get a pick equal to where that player was originally drafted. Cam was an UDFA so the Bears would get nothing for him.

tenor.gif

czman

Liked Posts:
I really like what they did at WR. Roninson picked up fair market value and should be back from his injury in time for the first practices. I The reality is football is a violent sport played by huge, strong, fast men. Players will get hurt and it is impossible to know who. I like the move and assume he came ot the Bears because they offered the most money or the most guaranteed.

Gabriel I think will end up more on the outside. Meredith played really well in the slot for the bears. He made a lot of his yards on outs under the routes that Alshon ran. I think Meredith probably plays the outside in 2WR sets and moves into the slot in 3WR sets. Gabriel can take the top off and keep the safety occupied. He is also a speed mismatch against CB's, about the only WR on the Bears that will consistently be. I hope the deal is in the 4-6 million a year range. If it is 8 mil a season I think it is an overpay. I am really glad they did not pay Wilson 8 mil per.

Buton I don't like that much, well for the money. 8 mil per is a lot. I think he needs to put up 650+ yards for at a minimum. Only 7 TEs last season had more then 650 yards. Cook signed a 2 year 10.6 million dollar deal and I think he is a good comp The Bears are paying 3 million more and 2 more years. We don't know the guarantee on it, but I think it is highly unlikely he lives up to the contract. It is hard to get that type of production out of the position. Given what cook signed for just a year before I think 6 mill is where the deal should have been.

They got a kicker. Who knows how he will play. Kickers are odd. We have seen them just fall off. I am glad he picked up a known commodity and someone who should be good. It is impossiblt to know his heart and his head so.....give what we have do know I like it.

I think they still need another starting caliber G or C. Hopefully they can find one.

It looks like they are set at CB/safety. Not meany teams can say that. It is a good thing. Maybe they go for a depth upgrade somewhere.

I think the biggest need on defense is ILB. When Trevathan was not out there the defense out of position. I am glad they let Jones go as he was not able to get people into position and get the defense set even though he was in the same defense for seasons. I don't think Kwiatkoski has the ability to do it either. He did not show it last season. I don't think he will this season. That means they need two players who can do it. If they don't injury will crush them at the position. Hopefully they can find one in the draft and one in FA. If Kwiatkoski is asked to get people on the same page the defense will struggle.

OLB is obviously important. They should be able to find someone in the draft and one guy in FA. They may need a second player in FA as I am not sold on Irving.

Overall I am happy with what we have seen today, but I want to see what the money looks like on these deals and what the guaranteed numbers are. If they overpaid on a bunch of these players by 2 million per a season it is going to be hard to find the talent they need to fill the rest of the holes on this defense.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Windy can you do an updated cap space thread and mock?

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If someone had these signings in one of those mock offseason threads, so many people would be like... "Yeah, right! Pace will never get it done!"

But... he did. Booya.