Packers sign Kyle Fuller to offer sheet

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
If the offer was $14M-$16M we gotta let him walk, yeah?

pretty risky for a one year good player. But at his age its hard to lose players like that especially with the options out there thin right now

If i dont like the db in the draft Im matching 14 mil a year. If I like the db in this draft we have a top ten pick

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
sim's dead cap is 666k, they save 5.5 mill

Aaron Leming

@AaronLemingNFL
1m1 minute ago
More Aaron Leming Retweeted Trace Mahoney
If they keep Sims through today, he's going to be on the roster for 2018. Would only save around $1.7M of his $6.33M cap hit if they cut him in camp.

He has $4M that becomes guaranteed if he's on the roster today. #Bears

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The deadline for his $4mil guarantee already passed. Cutting him would save less than $2mil.

The only way out is to trade him away.

Liked Posts:
pretty risky for a one year good player. But at his age its hard to lose players like that especially with the options out there thin right now

If i dont like the db in the draft Im matching 14 mil a year. If I like the db in this draft we have a top ten pick

What if it's 15 or 16 mill? Pass, right?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Pace put the transition tag on him knowing the risk that another team will offer him something. Guess now we will see how badly they want him back. We still need cap space for draft picks and extensions

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
What if it's 15 or 16 mill? Pass, right?

Bears have said that they will match it but if he really wanted to be on the team he wouldn't need the tag right? Go after Minkah Fitzpatrick and grab some defensive free agents with Fullers old money?

1ke

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Bucks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
See ya Kyle. Have fun up there. Youd fit right in with that terrible defense, and A-Rob will torch you there instead of training camp.

Im not overpaying for him. Not after only one year of production.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Are we sure Sims is still on the team? Maybe it just hasn't been announced?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Heard it is 30m guaranteed 5 years 60million

Madden

Liked Posts:
So was this a mistake by Pace to not use the Franchise tag instead? Will this end up costing us more than the franchise tag would have? I'm not sure of all the in's and outs and $ involved.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Why are you all getting so bent. GB had about $26M in space before signing J Graham to a 3yr/30M and Wilkerson to between $5-8 M that means they are dealing with around $10-12M in cap space for Fuller and that doesn't account for the rookie pool.

If he signed a offer sheet that he liked and the Bears match they may have done the Bears a favor. Fuller will be happy he was allowed to test the market and the Bears will have him at a fair price.
GB is not in a position to steal a guy because of cap restraints, the Bears are in much better cap position than they are.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
I dont even care about the money. The kid signed a deal with the packers. Fucking treasonous bitch!!!! Fuck em! Now i will no longer argue over our #8 pick.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
We thank Kyle for his time here and wish him luck in Green Bay

Reactions: 1ke

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd need to see the offer before I could decide if he's worth that or not. Pace took the risk to let the market determine what Kyle got.... so I am sure he's prepared to match anything within reason. If its some absurd offer, given the Bears draft position, might as well let him walk and grab a CB at # 8. Pace knows how the CB's in this draft grade out against someone like Fuller so gota trust him that he can replace him in the draft cause there aren't aint much left on the corner market. Honey Badger is not an outside corner....and probably has no desire to come to the Bears. He's going to sign somewhere flashier.