Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have to aks, which one of you fools is dis?
[video=youtube_share;yByb8g3E9m4]https://youtu.be/yByb8g3E9m4[/video]

Like Pace cares who gives him the offer. If he thought it too high, pass and let the Pack fleece themselves.

Rise

Liked Posts:
He did bring up some interesting points.

I too am confused on why Pace did not wait the full 5 days. He easily could have told Fuller "We're matching but making the Packers wait."

I'm glad Fuller was re-signed. Perhaps the franchise tag would have been better but that's Monday morning QB'ing at this point.

Find me the official report that we matched Fuller? I can’t find it I don’t think he has officially matched it yet. It has just been reported so maybe he is waiting the 5 days?

Washington

Liked Posts:
Find me the official report that we matched Fuller? I can’t find it I don’t think he has officially matched it yet. It has just been reported so maybe he is waiting the 5 days?

If it is not official, then this is good news. Waiting the full 5 days would cost the Packers from getting any remaining CB crap that is left. I read the link to the Packer's message board previously and the Packers fans were pissed we matched but boggled too that we did not wait 5 days. They are concerned nobody is left for Gut to sign and their CB scenario is in dire straits. I still don't get the Randall for Kizer trade.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Which proves my point that there's many ways for teams to come up with money when they need it.

No, it made it harder to unload Cutler after that. And they specifically made the deal that way in order to move money around if they needed it. Not every player/team has a clause like that. There's way's to sign guys, but it usually ends up fucking you over later.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Reported but no official transaction. Those are two different things.

Give then time to draw up the matching contract and Fuller to get into town. Pace committed. He can't back out.

BradyJay

Liked Posts:
Give then time to draw up the matching contract and Fuller to get into town. Pace committed. He can't back out.

Why can’t Pace verbally commit on day 1, and have everything signed and made official on day 5? Seems simple enough??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That's what I see. The Bears, in year 3, will either pay Fuller $17.5 Mil to play, or cost a $9 Mil cap hit to cut him. Basically, it's screws the Bears cap wise for a few years. It will be bad if he gets injured. I think the Bears won't designate the Transition tag again without more thought.

It's pretty aggressive by the Pack's new GM, and it could spark the rivalry a little bit, which I like. Their GM has really come after the Bears a little bit. I'd look forward to screwing then sometime soon!

In 2020 the price of CB's will be up from the the $17 mil the top CB gets paid now though so maybe Fuller's $17.5 he'll get in year 3 won't look as bad as it does now. That is of course if he's still playing like a starting CB should be playing and is actually on the field playing and not hurt.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Why can’t Pace verbally commit on day 1, and have everything signed and made official on day 5? Seems simple enough??

Well, if the point in waiting until day 5 to make it official is to screw over the Packers, Pace's announcement they will match won't accomplish that goal. Pace won't back out of it, and the Packers can go ahead and start looking for another CB. This is assuming that having a pending open offer does not affect a team's salary cap.

I think Pace did this to show some love to Fuller. Can't think of another reason.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
No, it made it harder to unload Cutler after that. And they specifically made the deal that way in order to move money around if they needed it. Not every player/team has a clause like that. There's way's to sign guys, but it usually ends up fucking you over later.

Ummmmmmmmm all i said was that there's many ways for teams to create money and there is, i never said if it could hurt the team later or anything like that so you should have started your post with a Yes not a No.

Rise

Liked Posts:

True he isn’t going to back out. Just saying the paperwork has not been filed yet, so the packers are still strapped. Sure, they could have told honey badger for example that once it’s matched he is next but they can’t guarantee it until they can guarantee it. A bird in the hand is greater than two in a bush.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In 2020 the price of CB's will be up from the the $17 mil the top CB gets paid now though so maybe Fuller's $17.5 he'll get in year 3 won't look as bad as it does now. That is of course if he's still playing like a starting CB should be playing and is actually on the field playing and not hurt.

Aren’t NFL ratings on the decline? I still remember when people were justifying the Toews/Kane contracts by saying the salary cap would just keep going up and up every year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I didn't say he can't. He doesn't have to. Lots of cart before the horse logic on this board. Players wanting to go to the pack wouldn't hesitate due to this, just future date some shit or wait. If Pace was able to back out and did, no one would trust him again. He'd be a trade pariah. Bad business and just isn't gonna happen.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Aren’t NFL ratings on the decline? I still remember when people were justifying the Toews/Kane contracts by saying the salary cap would just keep going up and up every year.

Probably not a good idea comparing NHL ratings to the NFL though. So you don't think players prices will go up in 3 to where they're at now at CB or at every position really??

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Probably not a good idea comparing NHL ratings to the NFL though. So you don't think players prices will go up in 3 to where they're at now at CB or at every position really??

I really have no idea.