Bears finally have the luxury of going BPA in this draft

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
You only get that luxury when you fill out your pressing needs before the draft. Right now, I would say that with the possible exception of OLB opposite of Floyd, we have competent starters at just about every position. Not everyone is a superstar by any means, but not everyone has to be.

We can finally draft for depth and develop players who are not thrown into tough spots right off the bat.

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
Edmunds, James, Nelson, Ward, Fitzpatrick, or Davenport at 8.?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I thought since Pace inherited a pile of crap and there were holes at every position..he has already drafted BPA

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Ward, James, Fitz or Edmunds... Could live with Davenport or Nelson...

PickSix

Liked Posts:
If Long isn’t ready to go or gets another injury (more than a small likelihood) our starting guards protecting our most valuable asset are Kush and Morgan.
I’m not willing to say we have professional competence at the G position.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I'll take anyone one of those guys.

1. Saquon Barkley RB
2. Bradley Chubb OLB
3. Minkah Fitzpatrick DB
4. Vita Vea DE
5. Marcus Davenport OLB
6. Tremaine Edmunds LB
7. Roquan Smith ILB
8. Denzel Ward CB
9. Quenton Nelson OG
10. Da'Ron Payne DT

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I thought since Pace inherited a pile of crap and there were holes at every position..he has already drafted BPA

I dont think "BPA" works with trading up. He targeted Floyd and Trubisky, to fill our lack of star power at key positions.

Whitehair, Goldman, and Bullard were definitely BPA though.

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
You only get that luxury when you fill out your pressing needs before the draft. Right now, I would say that with the possible exception of OLB opposite of Floyd, we have competent starters at just about every position. Not everyone is a superstar by any means, but not everyone has to be.

We can finally draft for depth and develop players who are not thrown into tough spots right off the bat.

Yeah, the Bears are finally set. And the word "luxury" deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence with a 5-and-11 team led by a GM who's 14-and-f'ing-34 . . .

. . . Did you really say that, didshereallysaythat?!? . . .

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Yeah, the Bears are finally set. And the word "luxury" deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence with a 5-and-11 team led by a GM who's 14-and-f'ing-34 . . .

. . . Did you really say that, didshereallysaythat?!? . . .

Yes yes 14-34 means that all moves made by Pace regardless of consensus are bad moves. We get it. It is only after success that Poop stir can fall back on hindsight and call a good move as such.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Yes yes 14-34 means that all moves made by Pace regardless of consensus are bad moves. We get it. It is only after success that Poop stir can fall back on hindsight and call a good move as such.

Sad part is, if the Bears were to go 19-0 winning the SB this season, he might still complain saying Pace hasn't even reached a .500 record as GM yet.

napo55

Liked Posts:
If Long isn’t ready to go or gets another injury (more than a small likelihood) our starting guards protecting our most valuable asset are Kush and Morgan.
I’m not willing to say we have professional competence at the G position.

Exactly. Lost our starting LG, and the RG is questionable due to a season ending injury. Need to draft an OG/center in the second round.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Trade first 3 picks for Jordy Nelson and a 8th round pick

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

shoopster

BANNED
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sad part is, if the Bears were to go 19-0 winning the SB this season, he might still complain saying Pace hasn't even reached a .500 record as GM yet.

What's sad is the Bears could go 19-and-0 and Pace still wouldn't be over .500. Thanks for pointing that out . . .

. . . Sheesh, and I don't mean the poster . . .

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
He will take the BPA at the postion of need. He’s been doing this since the first draft.

Isn't drafting "BPA at the position of need" just drafting "position of need?" I think it goes without saying that if you identify a position of need, you will draft the best player at that position. So in essence, he was just drafting for position of need.