Bears finally have the luxury of going BPA in this draft

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I'm sticking to my prediction...Barkley falls out of the top 5 and Pace trades up for him.

Bort

Liked Posts:
I'm sticking to my prediction...Barkley falls out of the top 5 and Pace trades up for him.

I'd start placing Super Bowl bets if that happened. We already have a good defense, and just think about those weapons on offense. Barkley/Howard/Cohen would be the best backfield in the entire NFL. And we'd create constant mismatches with AR15/Meredith/Gabriel at WR and Burton/Shaheen at TE.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Yeah, the Bears are finally set. And the word "luxury" deserves to be mentioned in the same sentence with a 5-and-11 team led by a GM who's 14-and-f'ing-34 . . .

. . . Did you really say that, didshereallysaythat?!? . . .

Yep. All "locked in,"....lol.

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

There are 3 current mock drafts over at CBS sportsline that has him dropping to us or Tampa Bay. One of the scenarios has the Bears trading him to Washington. If Bark drops to the Bears, I can't see Pace passing up the chance to draft him. Jordan Howard might as well start packing if he is still available after pick 7.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
There are 3 current mock drafts over at CBS sportsline that has him dropping to us or Tampa Bay. One of the scenarios has the Bears trading him to Washington. If Bark drops to the Bears, I can't see Pace passing up the chance to draft him. Jordan Howard might as well start packing if he is still available after pick 7.

Certainly anything can happen when it comes to the draft. Laremy Tunsil and Leonard Williams can attest to that.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pretty much what Pace has done so far. I guess you could argue Trubs vs Thomas, Floyd vs Tunsil or White vs Beasley but Pace got the better on 2 of those and the grade was there.

Liked Posts:
My Bears board:

Chubb
Edmunds
Landry
Fitzpatrick
Ward
James
Nelson

Chubb would be the best thing that could happen to the Bears defense, & team as a whole, & I wish there were a viable way for Pace to get a kid who is a text book example of a versatile talent who thrives as the disruptive motor position off the edges in the base 3-4, & on the interior as the nickel 3-TECH DE on 3rd downs in the 1 & 2 Gap mix in the 3-4 hybrid defensive schemes.

Chubb is an example of a primary pass rusher whos efforts will command chips/doubles, scheming/adjustments & attention away from from the beneficiary passrushers, like Floyd who are already on the Bears defense, outside of Hicks. Chubb has the speed that guys like Floyd have, but Chubb has size, power & technique as well at his disposal to bash & smash his way through blockers that our current edge rushers tend to get flattened by in this current "tweener" era/trend. We havent had that kind of a complete prototype passrusher who can motor the scheme to what it should be.

Mark my words, Chubb will be the motor & significant core factor that will have the same key impact on the current defensive scheme, that you saw guys like Tommie Harris have as the 3-Tech motor of 4-3 defensive systems.

IMO Chubb is exactly what the Bears could use from the draft to improve the play on the field the most. Chubb is exactly the type of player you should want to plug into the heart of a defense that's already rounded out with good-solid defenders who suddenly become scary as a working unit with a kid like Chubb added to the equation.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Isn't drafting "BPA at the position of need" just drafting "position of need?" I think it goes without saying that if you identify a position of need, you will draft the best player at that position. So in essence, he was just drafting for position of need.

Some fans are convinced it's pick the best player without consideration of need.
Until you bring up the liklihood of a good QB falling to us. QBs don't count.
Then you bring up multiple drafts with multiple rounds where the same position is the BPA, you may have the best LB squad in the NFL but you won't be winning on one position alone.

That would be great. But the more I think about it I'm thinking we trade up for Nelson or have Nelson with McGlinchey as the 2nd choice. I'll be thinking that until they come up with someone of equal quality to replace Sitton in FA.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:

I'd start placing Super Bowl bets if that happened. We already have a good defense, and just think about those weapons on offense. Barkley/Howard/Cohen would be the best backfield in the entire NFL. And we'd create constant mismatches with AR15/Meredith/Gabriel at WR and Burton/Shaheen at TE.

If that is the plan, I’d trade Howard within those 10 minutes of picking Barkley. I don’t want to since I like Howard but Barkley and Cohen is good enough. Might as well get some picks or a stud defender for Howard.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk