PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Jets paid a ton to move up 3 spots. That's QB premium on the old draft value chart, right? No way that's equal value. Just goes to show the draft value chart is becoming a tool of the past.

Great move by the Colts. They needed extra picks to make up for their lack of participation in free agency.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Cleveland should trade up two spots from #4 to #2 so they can draft their QB and Barkley. I think they have the draft picks to make such a move.

Oh shit, that would be very un-Cleveland for them to do.

They have the WRs to be competitive if only they had a QB that could deliver. Taylor can hold down the fort and force Rosen to compete for the starting gig, and Barkley can be the X-factor that keeps defenses on their toes.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
PFT is reporting that Barkley could be the guy

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cleveland should trade up two spots from #4 to #2 so they can draft their QB and Barkley. I think they have the draft picks to make such a move.

This is totally plausible..... I could see this happening. I think they should do it as well.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And your point being? Lol

I'm pretty sure i made it but let me catch you up.

The Jets have Teddy Bridgewater and J.McCown......that is all.

Let me know if you understand or not and i'll type in all caps for you if you don't.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure i made it but let me catch you up.

The Jets have Teddy Bridgewater and J.McCown......that is all.

Let me know if you understand or not and i'll type in all caps for you if you don't.

And you'd be a fucking idiot of a GM to stand pat with those guys? Got it?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Ah yes, I forgot about Bridgewater.

I think the Jets were proactively trading up to prevent all QB needy teams like the Bills and Dolphins from getting in front of them. They must be comfortable taking 1 of 3 QBs.

I think a QB nobody is talking about is Mason Rudolph. I think he factors into a lot of this.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
There is going to be a serious talent just sitting there for the bears to take 8.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
And you'd be a fucking idiot of a GM to stand pat with those guys? Got it?

As much of an idiot as you're showing yourself to be right now since i never said anything about them starting either one of those two or never said anything about them not drafting a QB at #3 and have actually said it would be a stupid trade if they didn't draft a QB? Like that much of an idiot or more?? Hahahaha IDIOT.

The poster i replied to said who would be their starter and named McCown and i simply said they have Teddy Bridgewater and J.McCown.

Are you able to keep up with this or should i put in in all caps IDIOT?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
There is going to be a serious talent just sitting there for the bears to take 8.
Exactly..............With the moves Bears have done this offseason we are right there to get the BPA at a position of need.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
The colts need to draft at least one offensive lineman with one of those picks. I hope Nelson drops to the Bears pick but the Colts should think about protecting Andrew Luck.

baredown

Liked Posts:

On the contrary, the Browns can likely sit tight at #4 and wait for Barkley to fall to them. The race to the top of the draft to grab one of the QBs is clearly under way. The Giants pick may well be the next domino to fall. The Bills are desperate at QB, already are working their way up the draft board, and have a shitload of draft capital to move up further. Denver, also desperate for a franchise QB, has to be getting panicky that #5 isn't going to be high enough. The Giants are in the catbird seat to harvest a huge return for #2, a much bigger haul than Barkley's worth; and that's assuming they don't just decide to stay at #2 to take Eli's successor. It's getting pretty easy to envision QBs going 1, 2, 3...

This draft is shaping up very nicely for the Bears, but it's shaping up superbly for the Browns. They get their QB at #1 and Barkley at #4...

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Looking like either Fitzpatrick, Chubb, Nelson, or Barkley will be there at 8. I would ecstatic at any of those four.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
On the contrary, the Browns can likely sit tight at #4 and wait for Barkley to fall to them. The race to the top of the draft to grab one of the QBs is clearly under way. The Giants pick may well be the next domino to fall. The Bills are desperate at QB, already are working their way up the draft board, and have a shitload of draft capital to move up further. Denver, also desperate for a franchise QB, has to be getting panicky that #5 isn't going to be high enough. The Giants are in the catbird seat to harvest a huge return for #2, a much bigger haul than Barkley's worth; and that's assuming they don't just decide to stay at #2 to take Eli's successor. It's getting pretty easy to envision QBs going 1, 2, 3...

This draft is shaping up very nicely for the Bears, but it's shaping up superbly for the Browns. They get their QB at #1 and Barkley at #4...

How much longer will the Giants wait to get a QB to replace Manning? When will they be in the #2 spot again? Will they get more in a trade than they'll have to give to move up in the future? If they got a QB now they could develop him and it's plug and play without missing a beat when Manning retires. I think the smart move for them is at least consider getting their QB now.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess it depends on how highly you rate Darnold vs. the field. NFL.COM has this:

Darnold 7.0 (7.00-7.49 Pro Bowl to All-Pro Ability)
Rosen 6.1 (6.00-6.49 Chance to become good NFL starter)
Mayfield 6.0 same
Allen 6.0 same
Jackson 5.9 (5.70-5.99 Could become early NFL starter)

If CLE thinks Darnold is lights out, then they take him at 1. If they don't, take Barkley and then whoever is there at #4. If somebody takes Barkley, either take an impact player like Nelson 7.4, Chubb 7.3, or Edmunds 7.2. (Probably Chubb.)

Mjiton

Liked Posts:
Jets QB needy move up could indeed trigger a run.

1) Browns: Sam Darnold-QB
2) Giants: Josh Rosen-QB
3) Jets: Josh Allen-QB
4) Browns: Saquon Barkley-RB
5) Broncos: Bradley Chubb-Edge
6) Colts: Quenton Nelson-G
7) Buccs: Minkah Fitzpatrick-S

Hammer

Liked Posts:
First 3 teams will almost surely take QBs, and then Browns will be in position to get a haul from some QB needy team that really want a QB #4 who's left on the board.