HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seems to be a pretty common sense blueprint to me. It's not like Eagles or Rams invented it. In fact I'd think getting your QB and expecting them to make due with crap offense around them while you build defense was a Bear's invention that nobody else in their right mind would think works.

It may seem common sense the way Pace has gone about re-tooling the Bears but our own fans are proving why its next to impossible for a GM to pull it off as Pace has done it. Fans have unrealistic expectations of progress on a full re-build. Even when its brutally obvious to everyone in the league that you're not an attractive landing spot for free agents while you re-stock the roster with talent through the draft and re-build the staff. These unrealistic expectations and pissed off fans more often than not get GMs and coaches fired. Once owners feel the squeeze from the fans in terms of revenue drop off they make reactionary decisions to appease. There are very few ownerships that have proven to be willing to weather that storm.

As most people are willing to acknowledge, Pace is drafting at an above average rate compared to most GMs. Despite this he is still years into a rebuild that is barely now showing signs of turning things around. It took this many years for the Bears to become a more attractive landing spot for free agents to round out the rest of the roster deficiencies.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
We are killing March.
We have been killing it since Jan. when Nagy was hired. Bears have owned the offseason so far. After the draft it will be time to put the 2018 puzzle together and prove to the league the Bears are on the right track. Then prove to be a contender and never have to"win" another offseason.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
its odd that surrounding a young qb with talent is looked upon as if its a novel idea all of a sudden. cause you know, no ones ever done it before the rams/eagles.

Exactly what i was saying. He's not following what Snead and Roseman did, he's doing what teams do when you have a QB and no weapons for that QB and i don't really want the pressure of Trubs thinking that now he has to do what C.Wentz and J.Goff did for their teams. I don't even see this offense as a finished product yet anyway and our top two outside receivers (A.Rob/C.Meredith) are both coming back from serious knee injuries. We still need help on the o-line and another pass catching RB which i'm hoping we get in the draft or bring Benny back.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Compared to what the team looked liked when Pace was first hired and the things he's done since then to make the team better and what it looks like now is night and day, if the team doesn't look more improved and changed for the better then i don't know what is.......but then again people see what they want to see and not see.

To each his own.....

The Bears have looked good on paper before. Until a winning season, I'm not ready to crown their asses. Saying Pace has turned the organization around is extremely premature.

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Bucky Brooks literally has an article on NFL.COM that Glennon can become a franchise QB

While using words like "gifted", "blue chip", "star" ect. I also remember he described Tice as a brilliant play caller. This negro has absolutely no fucking idea what he's talking about. If he was a former scout, then we can all be scouts.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
While using words like "gifted", "blue chip", "star" ect. I also remember he described Tice as a brilliant play caller. This negro has absolutely no fucking idea what he's talking about. If he was a former scout, then we can all be scouts.

And yet everything Brooks said IN THIS ARTICLE regarding coaching, scheme and talent is on point.

Take your racist bullshit back to the ‘50s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
And yet everything Brooks said IN THIS ARTICLE regarding coaching, scheme and talent is on point.

Take your racist bullshit back to the ‘50s.

Oh boy because I said negro? You are an idiot.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:

Everything but the main point that the Eagles or Rams have the blueprint for building an NFL team. It's only been common knowledge since the Super Bowl became a thing.

The real news should read, "It Looks Like The Bears Have Come To Grips With The Modern NFL."

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bears have looked good on paper before. Until a winning season, I'm not ready to crown their asses. Saying Pace has turned the organization around is extremely premature.

Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Your rhetoric is just as meaningless as saying Pace turned the franchise around. Its one thing to be skeptical and its another thing to ignore all the signs of progress.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. Your rhetoric is just as meaningless as saying Pace turned the franchise around. Its one thing to be skeptical and its another thing to ignore all the signs of progress.

Who's ignoring? I don't believe the Bears org has been turned around and stated that. I thought this forum was a place to express our opinions. Are there actually right answers?

You should put me on ignore. I have no interest in your thoughts.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who's ignoring? I don't believe the Bears org has been turned around and stated that. I thought this forum was a place to express our opinions. Are there actually right answers?

You should put me on ignore. I have no interest in your thoughts.

I'm pretty sure that is the definition of you wanting to put me on ignore numbnuts. You're welcome to do so.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everything but the main point that the Eagles or Rams have the blueprint for building an NFL team. It's only been common knowledge since the Super Bowl became a thing.

The real news should read, "It Looks Like The Bears Have Come To Grips With The Modern NFL."

That’s the shallow analysis that a lot of pundits are offering. In reality Pace went through several steps building to this point that add up to more than just a simple carbon copy of the Rams and Eagles.

I like that Brooks was talking specifically about application of talent. He even understood the value of Chase Daniels. We’ve heard a lot of this before but he summed it all up nicely.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You're not as anonymous as you think.

? I have never hidden who I am. I've in fact posted my full name on CCS several times before. Maybe just maybe I am not afraid of any of you dorkchops?

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
I understood wanting Fox gone, but I never understood the Pace hate. He's done a better job then any GM since Finks, imo. Sure he's missed on a few FA's, he's built a culture, drafted well, and finally assembled his own top notch coaching staff.

And lets not forget that we are also one of the if not the youngest team in the NFL.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh boy because I said negro? You are an idiot.

You avoided talking about the content in the OP. Instead you attacked what the analyst previously wrote and failed to sourced any of that while veering off topic. Then you dismissed Brooks with an anachronistic racial term that makes you seem about 100 years old. Good job achieving the trifecta of stupid, lazy and racist!

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
You avoided talking about the content in the OP. Instead you attacked what the analyst previously wrote and failed to sourced any of that while veering off topic. Then you dismissed Brooks with an anachronistic racial term that makes you seem about 100 years old. Good job achieving the trifecta of stupid, lazy and racist!

Bucky is an idiot. His analysis is pseudo-sophisticated and idiots like you eat it right up. He’s a hype machine. And negro is urban lingo dumbfuck. Talk about being outdated.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
[video=youtube_share;9gF2UySGZAU]https://youtu.be/9gF2UySGZAU[/video]